Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Grim Dawn  (Read 4491 times)

Bison

• Corporal
on: July 03, 2021, 04:14:45 PM
I have been addicted to the mindless slaughter of pixel monster and collecting loots.

I actually like the game quite a bit and may have found a replacement for D3 until the new remastered D2 is released.  I played too much D3 over the last decade and finally burnt out on it.

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #1 on: July 04, 2021, 02:33:45 AM
I'm guessing D2 & D3 = Diablo 2 & Diablo 3? 

I've always heard almost entirely good things about Grim Dawn, but have never really checked it out.  It sounds like a nice, (relatively) simple hack-and-slasher. 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

Gusington

• Lancer
Reply #2 on: July 04, 2021, 12:16:58 PM
I loved Grim Dawn and played it to death but ultimately found it too easy - which is a shock because I usually have to work real hard to advance at most games set at normal difficulty.

If you like Grim Dawn and want to try out something similar with updated graphics and set it a cyberpunk type universe check out The Ascent, due out on July 29. I broke my rule and pre-ordered because it looks awesome.

I also love the Diablo games and will be getting D2 when it’s available.

Always do what you feel is best.

Bison

• Corporal
Reply #3 on: July 04, 2021, 12:22:58 PM
I'm guessing D2 & D3 = Diablo 2 & Diablo 3? 

Yes this is correct. The Diablo series has been a long go to game for me.

Bison

• Corporal
Reply #4 on: July 04, 2021, 12:27:05 PM
I loved Grim Dawn and played it to death but ultimately found it too easy - which is a shock because I usually have to work real hard to advance at most games set at normal difficulty.

If you like Grim Dawn and want to try out something similar with updated graphics and set it a cyberpunk type universe check out The Ascent, due out on July 29. I broke my rule and pre-ordered because it looks awesome.

I also love the Diablo games and will be getting D2 when it’s available.

I'll have to look at The Ascent. I have already pre-ordered D2 and hope it lives up to the hype.

I started Grim Dawn on the Veteran difficulty which made the initial start pretty rough. However, I other than a few of the 2 star and boss monsters currently I steamroll everything else. My deaths now usually result from a group of boss monster spawns where I get stuck by mobs surrounding me.

Gusington

• Lancer
Reply #5 on: July 04, 2021, 07:37:59 PM
Now that you mention it I very, very rarely die in these types of games. Something so addictive about the whole kill and loot dynamic, though.

Doctor Quest

• Corporal
  • I'm not a real doctor.
Reply #6 on: July 04, 2021, 08:45:50 PM
Something so addictive about the whole kill and loot dynamic, though.

Now tell me THAT'S not a sig line................................................................................

"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Something so addictive about the whole kill and loot dynamic, though." - Gusington

Gusington

• Lancer
Reply #7 on: July 04, 2021, 09:20:55 PM
^Ha well thanks. I’m not a real lawyer, either.

Bison

• Corporal
Reply #8 on: July 05, 2021, 11:01:20 AM
Now that you mention it I very, very rarely die in these types of games. Something so addictive about the whole kill and loot dynamic, though.

I wonder if the game scales monsters and loot with the number of players similar to D3 or Borderlands?

I too generally find death is not too common if you exercise the slightest bit of caution. What I need to do is find the mod I have read about which uses font colors to indicate fire/ice/acid/etc..., element bonus on gear. This is the part of the game where my eyes glaze over because there is no quick, easy way to determine element attack bonuses. Hover over this piece of gear and then this one and then this one and back to the original piece...exhausting. :)

Gusington

• Lancer
Reply #9 on: July 05, 2021, 02:40:02 PM
‘Exhausting but in a good way.’ Assassin’s Creed Origins is also like this as far as phat loot and has grown to become one of my favorite games.