Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Riverine craft and related photos during the Vietnam Conflict  (Read 4018 times)

Agragor

• Patreon Supporters
  • Jr. Trooper
There is not an ambundance of technical information compared to what can be found on ther sites. I do, however, enjoy the number of photographs and such. Very helpful if planning on painting miniatures or making terrain. If planning on painting boats and such, the photos are useful for pictures of wakes and bowwaves (color choices and shapes and such).

https://www.rivervet.com/

"If." - The Spartans

GROGnadsUSA

Reply #1 on: September 23, 2021, 07:04:16 PM
Hoi as you have 'moi' wondering about if anything of a 'Hydrofoil'-craft ever were used then? My Father worked upon some at around the same times, while we had a photo-(with colors) prominently displayed for the "Ticonderoga"--"Tucumcari", although it might not have been in uses there? Anywhere?

EDIT: as 'moi' were reminded more accurately from watching the opening 'scene' of "For a Few Dollars More" upon this 'Vessel' there!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2021, 04:10:06 PM by GROGnadsUSA »

Agragor

• Patreon Supporters
  • Jr. Trooper
Reply #2 on: September 24, 2021, 05:16:04 AM
I am not aware of such technology being used on a wider scale at the time. The only info I found after a bit of looking around was this:

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/weird-cool-how-navy-used-crazy-hydrofoil-warships-during-vietnam-war-119161

Seems to suggest that they were conducting evaluation of such craft, but it didn't amount to much more than just testing. Although "over 1500 hours" evaluation time indicates fairly extensive testing.

Sorry I couldn't be more of an assistance regarding the matter.

"If." - The Spartans

GROGnadsUSA

Reply #3 on: September 25, 2021, 04:14:06 PM
Hoi, since 'moi' just now did an 'Edit' above in order to 'correct' some mistakenly mundane "misremembrance" of mine-mindupset, and there's a LINK about thus too, as well now!