Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Local AD's meet up for some Bayonets & Tomahawks action.  (Read 3960 times)

PeterRobbins

• Jr. Trooper
on: September 04, 2022, 05:48:05 PM
https://wargamingwithpeter.blogspot.com/2022/09/finally-got-bayonets-tomahawks-on-table.html

Brant may have gotten some additional photos. I was busy turning pages and re-looking up rules. It was a fun match. The British slid by with a victory by basically pushing into the French interior, but it was close. There was a special victory condition in this scenario where the French & Indians would have won if they just kept about two more victory point towns in hand, but it was close overall.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 05:50:29 PM by PeterRobbins »

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #1 on: September 04, 2022, 10:48:00 PM
There are a few pictures on our Twitter feed and our Facebook page. We will share some on Tuesday as well

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

PeterRobbins

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #2 on: September 05, 2022, 08:14:24 AM
In case folks have never seen it described in full: one of the more succinct descriptions of all the rules in one go is here:
  (I recommend putting CC on as the accent will throw you off a bit here and there).  This video author also does a play thru of one year here:
&t=0s

PeterRobbins

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #3 on: September 05, 2022, 08:26:56 AM
There were a couple of things I'd done wrong, one, in particular, was that Fleets can not transport units when they use coastal connections by way of Army Movement.  Another thing we were not doing (though there were not too many cases of this if memory serves), was that if a Metropolitan Brigade is eliminated during a battle, we were supposed to draw WIE or War In Europe chits and that would affect the final Victory Point checkings during Winter Phase. Those chits have numbers on them and you compare them to determine a net score. A RED and BLUE are drawn randomly, and they are placed next to the victory point track then at the very end of the game, you add them up and the person with more positivity, gets that positive difference. This is a very abstract way to depict how the war is going in Europe while the F&I War is completing in North America. We were doing the battles overall correctly, from what I could tell from the video, as far as symbol comparison. There is an interesting caveat that if you attack an enemy that has a fort piece, you get a -1 Battle Penalty, but you get an additional -1 Battle Penalty if you also try and do without an artillery piece. So that is where the arty comes a little more actively into play. Overall, the Battle sequencing works well. You kind of have to avert your eyes a bit on the symbol-matching aspect and just roll with it (pun intended). I like how it's more about momentum and resulting retreat than outright annihilations, which were rarer. This is usually not as much open field line of battle fighting we have going on here in this conflict.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2022, 08:59:35 AM by PeterRobbins »

PeterRobbins

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #4 on: September 05, 2022, 08:42:09 AM
I'm going to be running through a full campaign (the full five years one) with a friend online and I'll post an article of those results (with a hotwash video of its results).

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #5 on: September 05, 2022, 09:02:38 AM
Got very interested in this after seeing Mike's vids on MOWE. :bigthumb:

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'