Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Nosworthy Tactical Studies  (Read 7132 times)

besilarius

• Corporal
on: March 28, 2020, 12:24:09 PM
Brent Nosworthy has posted a number of new pieces on the website of Venture Miniatures.
At least four are free.  These are on the gunpowder age and address the different ways armies developed tactics in this era.
One unusual piece is on the Albanian light cavalry, Stradiots.  These were mercenaries in the Italian Wars.  The effect of black powder on their uses and tactics is a good study.

"These things must be done delicately-- or you hurt the spell."  - The Wicked Witch of the West.
"We've got the torpedo damage temporarily shored up, the fires out and soon will have the ship back on an even keel. But I would suggest, sir, that if you have to take any more torpedoes, you take 'em on the starboard side."   Pops Healy, DCA USS Lexington.

panzerde

• Corporal
  • Kriegsherr
    • Cry Havoc
Reply #1 on: March 29, 2020, 11:29:20 AM
Brent Nosworthy has posted a number of new pieces on the website of Venture Miniatures.
At least four are free.  These are on the gunpowder age and address the different ways armies developed tactics in this era.
One unusual piece is on the Albanian light cavalry, Stradiots.  These were mercenaries in the Italian Wars.  The effect of black powder on their uses and tactics is a good study.

Ooh, I need those. Great find! Thanks!

Especially since I'm probably doing a game on the Italian Wars soon.

I actually don't really like games.

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

panzerde

• Corporal
  • Kriegsherr
    • Cry Havoc
Reply #2 on: March 29, 2020, 11:37:36 AM
Went to the website and bought every publication they have. Unfortunately their shopping cart system seems broken. It took my payment and sent me links, but nothing is working to download.

panzerde

• Corporal
  • Kriegsherr
    • Cry Havoc
Reply #3 on: March 29, 2020, 11:56:02 AM
And just like that, all fixed up. Jude Becker responded in minutes and I have the publications, which are very nice. Well worth getting if you're interested in this period.

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #4 on: March 29, 2020, 01:01:41 PM
Didn't work for me either. I just sent them an email.

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

panzerde

• Corporal
  • Kriegsherr
    • Cry Havoc
Reply #5 on: March 29, 2020, 01:31:35 PM
He said there was something broken and his web developer was working on it

besilarius

• Corporal
Reply #6 on: May 03, 2020, 02:32:56 PM
Just an update.
Brent reports that he has been badly hit by Corona, but now seems to be over it.
He has a lot of material that was done as research, and now he wants to get it out quickly.
He is now preparing to send out a newsletter.  This will be on the Age of Gunpowder and will have battle and tactical studies.
If this interests you, you can get on the recipient list by contacting him at Brentnose1@gmail.com

"These things must be done delicately-- or you hurt the spell."  - The Wicked Witch of the West.
"We've got the torpedo damage temporarily shored up, the fires out and soon will have the ship back on an even keel. But I would suggest, sir, that if you have to take any more torpedoes, you take 'em on the starboard side."   Pops Healy, DCA USS Lexington.

panzerde

• Corporal
  • Kriegsherr
    • Cry Havoc
Reply #7 on: May 06, 2020, 10:19:11 PM
Just an update.
Brent reports that he has been badly hit by Corona, but now seems to be over it.
He has a lot of material that was done as research, and now he wants to get it out quickly.
He is now preparing to send out a newsletter.  This will be on the Age of Gunpowder and will have battle and tactical studies.
If this interests you, you can get on the recipient list by contacting him at Brentnose1@gmail.com

Excellent news! I will indeed.

panzerde

• Corporal
  • Kriegsherr
    • Cry Havoc
Reply #8 on: August 02, 2020, 04:50:07 PM
The second edition of this newsletter is out. It's free, and full of very interesting information about the armies and tactics of this period.

https://www.ventureminiatures.com/product/nosworthy-tactical-studies-newsletter-no-2/

Hethwill

• Patreon Supporters
  • Jr Lancer
    • Hethwill Wargames Youtube
Reply #9 on: August 12, 2020, 03:56:21 AM
Wow :O Excellent service for making the books widely available.
Many thanks for calling this to attention.