Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Waterloo from 1970's  (Read 5825 times)

druid8172

• Jr. Trooper
on: June 18, 2020, 11:05:58 PM
taken from the Tyne Tees Battleground series first shown in the 1970's

part 1

part 2

Part 3

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #1 on: June 19, 2020, 08:03:08 AM
Excellent.

I do believe that we will be playing Waterloo on TTS tomorrow at 1800 hrs BST using the old SPI 'Napoleons Last Battles' rules; a blast from the past if ever there was one.

I, or so I have been informed, will be Wellington. I shall rely on my Teutonic colleague to amuse and confound Grouchy at Ligne before falling on the French right flank and saving the day.

...if not, I've got me bags packed and a ticket for the ferry to Dover.....................

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

druid8172

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #2 on: June 19, 2020, 08:29:44 AM
Excellent.

I do believe that we will be playing Waterloo on TTS tomorrow at 1800 hrs BST using the old SPI 'Napoleons Last Battles' rules; a blast from the past if ever there was one.

I, or so I have been informed, will be Wellington. I shall rely on my Teutonic colleague to amuse and confound Grouchy at Ligne before falling on the French right flank and saving the day.

...if not, I've got me bags packed and a ticket for the ferry to Dover.....................

yes i been watching the rest of Jims Waterloo week so far and the french are killing the allies

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

mirth

• Cardboard Mohel
  • Lance Sergeant
    • Armchair Dragoons
Reply #3 on: June 19, 2020, 08:33:08 AM
and the french are killing the allies

As they should be

Being able to Google shit better than your clients is a legit career skill.

besilarius

• Corporal
Reply #4 on: June 19, 2020, 09:40:50 AM
Don't turn your back on that screw up, Soult.
He'll find a way to pull defeat from the jaws of victory.

"These things must be done delicately-- or you hurt the spell."  - The Wicked Witch of the West.
"We've got the torpedo damage temporarily shored up, the fires out and soon will have the ship back on an even keel. But I would suggest, sir, that if you have to take any more torpedoes, you take 'em on the starboard side."   Pops Healy, DCA USS Lexington.

Tolstoi

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lancer
  • Hang on, let me overthink this.
    • Alek Tolstoi
Reply #5 on: June 20, 2020, 11:04:41 AM
taken from the Tyne Tees Battleground series first shown in the 1970's

Very surprised to see Edward Woodward provide the introduction and the narration. Absolutely not surprised to see David Chandler and Patty Griffith were historical consultants.

What rule set do you think they were using? I've read Mr. Gilder had his own rules, (he is also credited as a technical consultant), or maybe it something by Donald Featherstone?