Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Solobabble  (Read 5454 times)

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
on: October 19, 2020, 01:14:55 PM
Introducing a new feature to My Own Worst Enemy - Solobabble! And maybe even a free game giveway?  :whistle:

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #1 on: October 19, 2020, 01:19:44 PM
 :bigthumb:

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

Tolstoi

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lancer
  • Hang on, let me overthink this.
    • Alek Tolstoi
Reply #2 on: October 19, 2020, 05:29:52 PM
First episode looks good and I'm sure someone will be happy when they win their copy of Don't Tread on Me.

Any and all episodes with pro-tips about print and play games would be greatly appreciated. I've been thinking about getting a few PnP games, so I'm looking to learn the best way to make them. :bigthumb:

Also, I've been dragging my feet about getting a Tolstoi YouTube account and your request for comments has spurred me to finally do that.   :)

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #3 on: October 19, 2020, 07:08:07 PM
You guys make sure to leave a comment over there, odds might be pretty good to win.  8)

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #4 on: October 19, 2020, 07:25:40 PM
LOL

Wow, that's pretty mind-blowing. When I was talking to Martin about starting a podcast and we were thinking about names, "Solobabble" was one of the ideas.

============================================

Solosaurus Podcast: https://solosaurus.libsyn.com/
(includes Solosaurus Plays)

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #5 on: October 19, 2020, 07:51:12 PM
Great minds! I just needed a simple name and being an Alan Parsons fan (Psychobabble) it was one of the first names that came to mind.  8)

-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #6 on: October 19, 2020, 08:40:16 PM
Seemed pretty legit, seeing as how he and I babble on about solo games. But good choice.  :bigthumb:

============================================

Solosaurus Podcast: https://solosaurus.libsyn.com/
(includes Solosaurus Plays)

thecommandtent

• Patreon Supporters
  • Corporal
Reply #7 on: October 19, 2020, 09:25:03 PM
Not sure why I wasn't subscribed before but I am now and left a comment. I think its a great idea for content on your channel and look forward to seeing what you bring us!

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #8 on: October 20, 2020, 08:44:03 AM
Not sure why I wasn't subscribed before but I am now and left a comment. I think its a great idea for content on your channel and look forward to seeing what you bring us!

:2thumbs:

-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

Sir Slash

• Lance Sergeant
  • Head of the Honorable Order of Knights Hotwings
Reply #9 on: October 21, 2020, 01:10:33 PM
 :applause: :applause: :applause:

Any Day is a Good Day That Doesn't Involve Too Much Work or Too Little Gaming

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #10 on: October 22, 2020, 05:45:28 PM
You guys make sure to leave a comment over there, odds might be pretty good to win.  8)

About a day left to enter and it looks like the odds of winning might be very good so make sure you enter! In fact, I might be able to roll a d10 to pick the lucky person.  :whistle:
Did I mention I ship across the pond?  :peace:

-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #11 on: October 29, 2020, 08:52:17 AM
The game is on it's way to the winner! And, really, WTF is with the shipping rates to get something across the pond?

-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

thecommandtent

• Patreon Supporters
  • Corporal
Reply #12 on: November 28, 2020, 08:32:51 AM
Enjoyed the 2nd episode on solo methods and encouragement to just play the games we want solo w/o having to have a "built in" method.  As a follow up of sorts, do you have any tips or methods you use for enhancing your solo play experience.  I.E. do you like to do AAR, do videos, write narratives etc that come out of the game.  Or is it more of just a story happening in your head as you play?

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #13 on: November 28, 2020, 04:56:14 PM
Thanks for the kind words!
I used to keep a notebook with me when playing and would write down some narrative type stuff along with other game data. I need to get back to doing that (I actually just ordered some small notebooks for that purpose!). AARs are also a great way to add narratives to a game. At some point I need to get back to writing AARs here.  8)

-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy