Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: There's really no Jagged Alliance 3 thread?  (Read 12687 times)

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
on: July 14, 2023, 04:59:37 AM
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1084160/Jagged_Alliance_3/

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/jagged-alliance-3-review

i was really hoping it was going to be an unmitigated disaster - if the toxicity of the steam discussion was to be believed it was going to be a steaming pile but it seems its ok, more than ok - an actual modernisation of the original

of course that means ILL HAVE TO FREAKING BUY IT NOW!!!!!!!

bastards

JudgeDredd

• Jr Lancer
Reply #1 on: July 14, 2023, 07:02:01 AM
Is this similar to Wasteland 2? I had that game and didn't really get on with it. Waaaaay too much reading for my and difficult af! And yeah...I had it in easy!

neach-gleidhidh na h-Alba

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #2 on: July 14, 2023, 07:04:35 AM
There's really no Jagged Alliance 3 thread?

well, there is now  :bigthumb:

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

Barthheart

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
  • Retired curmudgeon
Reply #3 on: July 14, 2023, 07:12:29 AM
Pre-purchased it. Just waiting for it to download at 9 am EDT today!  :groovy:

PETS - People for the Ethical Treatment of Square corners

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #4 on: July 14, 2023, 08:31:50 AM
A quick search shows I own Jagged Alliance 1 & 2. Of course, like most everything else in my library, I've never played them.  :-[

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

Barthheart

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
  • Retired curmudgeon
Reply #5 on: July 14, 2023, 08:37:04 AM
JA2 was a great game. Lots of fun.

Barthheart

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
  • Retired curmudgeon
Reply #6 on: July 14, 2023, 09:13:29 AM
Downloading... 15 GB...
 :groovy:

W8taminute

• Jr Lancer
  • Put the glasses on
Reply #7 on: July 14, 2023, 09:44:39 AM
I was on the fence about this one.  Recent LP videos I've seen seem to indicate this is going to be a great game.  Will wait some more before pulling the trigger on this one. 

Don't be afraid, don't be dismayed

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #8 on: July 14, 2023, 11:44:11 AM
Is this similar to Wasteland 2? I had that game and didn't really get on with it. Waaaaay too much reading for my and difficult af! And yeah...I had it in easy!

You’re in charge of a group of mercenaries who invade an African city(?) to topple the leader and install another one, your boss is a diamond mining owner - it’s not terribly politically correct and in some ways that’s why people like it, you’re deffo not the goodies

You do all the hiring and firing, management, wages blah blah blah - use the map and when there’s contact it switches to a turn based combat game which and you have a shoot out - the original is awesome and legendary but now a bit dated - there have been many attempts to copy the game and it’s atmosphere - all the mercs have their own personalities - some won’t even work with each other - but all have failed

But this one looks like it - even the community of assholes loyal to the original seem to like it 

Barthheart

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
  • Retired curmudgeon
Reply #9 on: July 14, 2023, 11:47:56 AM
Oh it's all there baby! Only a couple hours in, mostly learning/re-learning the controls. Gonna lose some hours playing this.  :bigthumb:

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #10 on: July 14, 2023, 12:04:49 PM
Goddammit!!!

Enjoy BH

JudgeDredd

• Jr Lancer
Reply #11 on: July 14, 2023, 01:12:58 PM

You’re in charge of a group of mercenaries who invade an African city(?) to topple the leader and install another one, your boss is a diamond mining owner - it’s not terribly politically correct and in some ways that’s why people like it, you’re deffo not the goodies

You do all the hiring and firing, management, wages blah blah blah - use the map and when there’s contact it switches to a turn based combat game which and you have a shoot out - the original is awesome and legendary but now a bit dated - there have been many attempts to copy the game and it’s atmosphere - all the mercs have their own personalities - some won’t even work with each other - but all have failed

But this one looks like it - even the community of assholes loyal to the original seem to like it
meh - I bought it anyway!  :bigthumb:

neach-gleidhidh na h-Alba

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #12 on: July 14, 2023, 05:35:55 PM
 :bigthumb: :bigthumb: :bigthumb:

thecommandtent

• Patreon Supporters
  • Corporal
Reply #13 on: July 14, 2023, 08:55:57 PM
Ugg another one added to the wishlist. Thanks alot guys........

Silent Disapproval Robot

• Lancer
Reply #14 on: July 15, 2023, 12:09:24 AM
I had a few hard crashes that required a reboot.  The game's refresh rate is set to 240 hz by default.  Once I lowered that to my monitor's native freq, it's been crash free.