Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • SAVE THE DATE!  The Armchair Dragoons Fall Assembly will be held 11-13 October 2024 in Raleigh/Cary, NC

News

SAVE THE DATE!  The Armchair Dragoons Fall Assembly will be held 11-13 October 2024 in Raleigh/Cary, NC

Author Topic: There's really no Jagged Alliance 3 thread?  (Read 12798 times)

JudgeDredd

• Jr Lancer
Reply #60 on: July 25, 2023, 02:41:32 PM
Yeah...I've got that. But there's some funky requirement I haven't worked out yet...I can't create NATO 7.62 or WP

I haven't come across crocs yet...only Hyenas

neach-gleidhidh na h-Alba

JudgeDredd

• Jr Lancer
Reply #61 on: July 25, 2023, 04:25:40 PM
Yeah - it's gun powder. I can get lots of parts by getting rid of useless kit or weapons...but gun powder?? Not seen any for ages and actually blew what I had by making the wrong kind of ammo because I didn't know wtf I was doing.

Silent Disapproval Robot

• Lancer
Reply #62 on: July 25, 2023, 05:48:34 PM
I was able to make 90 rounds of 7.62 with the powder I'd found but the M-60 ate that up in the firefight with Pierre. 

JudgeDredd

• Jr Lancer
Reply #63 on: July 26, 2023, 07:33:58 AM
yeah. I don't have an M60, but I did fins an MG34 which ate all my ammo.

It's a shame you can't break down other ammo to get the gunpowder...I've got hundreds of .44 ammo and only 2 Magnums!

JudgeDredd

• Jr Lancer
Reply #64 on: July 29, 2023, 03:47:03 AM
There is a nasty area in this...I'm sure there's more than one...where you go underground after winning a tough battle only to be confronted by lots of enemies when you come out.

The nasty thing about it is you have nowhere to deploy or hide. You start outside the bunker at close range with about 4 or 5 of these badasses.

I've replayed it about at least 4 times and lost lots of mercs each time...so I'm junking it...I don't even go into the underground section...I just win the area and I've left it at that for the moment

Also, I think I'm too attached to my mercs. Does anyone else restart missions to keep your mercs alive or do you just get replacement mercs?

Truth is I have quite a bit of cash now, so I could probably let a couple of useless ones go and get a couple of vets...but I haven't even done that which might be why I'm finding the game difficult...or just perhaps more difficult than it should be

Steelie

• Corporal
Reply #65 on: July 29, 2023, 01:09:58 PM
Also, I think I'm too attached to my mercs. Does anyone else restart missions to keep your mercs alive or do you just get replacement mercs?

I haven't purchased JA3 as of yet (but your commentaries are quickly pushing me in that direction!!!) but I was the same way in JA1 and 2.

Somewhere, somehow, I woke up in the wrong timeline. I'm pretty sure this isn't even my dimension.

Silent Disapproval Robot

• Lancer
Reply #66 on: July 29, 2023, 01:39:17 PM
I've only run into one of the underground rooms so far but I found immediately having two of my mercs drop prone and deploying their MGs so that almost all the bad guys in the cone of fire worked wonders.  Followed up with my other mercs throwing various explosives.

As for getting attached.  I have a few on my team that are punching above their weight (Barry, especially) but I"m looking forward to getting some more cash in order to recruit better mercs soon.  (Mainly because I remember them from JA1 and 2 and want to get them back on my team.  Does Fidel still have his lucky socks?  Does Grunty still find orders to shoot teammates to be "highly irregular....oh well....blam"?  I need to know!

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #67 on: July 29, 2023, 05:53:08 PM
Just bought it but understand the attachment - xcom had the same feeling although in that games case losing a character was more of a loss of an advanced character that would be replaced by a rookie

Every time I play squad based games I promise I won’t restart if I lose a guy - never happened so far

JudgeDredd

• Jr Lancer
Reply #68 on: July 29, 2023, 06:24:50 PM
I think I need to let go. I've got plenty of money at the moment - $200k+ though I don't know when my sole diamond mine is going to run dry.

Plus...I'm struggling taking on some of the bad guys because they're getting faster and getting better equipped. I have a couple of my mercs "have not great"  accuracy

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #69 on: July 29, 2023, 08:25:59 PM
I have a couple of my mercs "have not great"  accuracy

Wait, you recruited me as a merc?!?  :o

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

JudgeDredd

• Jr Lancer
Reply #70 on: September 02, 2023, 09:14:32 AM
I want to love this game....but ammo is a real ****ing chore. It's nowhere. You can create ammo, but you need gunpowder which is also like ricking horse shit.

All my mercs have half decent guns - but zero ammo. All I have is 9mm and .44mm so all my mercs are currently using pistols. Not great when you hit more bad guys.

I wish they'd just drop an update that gave more ammo - or at least vendors to buy it from.

Oh - and one other thing. Bad guy firing an MG - kill him...no loot. WTF did his gun go?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2023, 09:17:01 AM by JudgeDredd »

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #71 on: September 02, 2023, 10:24:56 AM
I’m unsure whether it’s a rng thing but I’ve only just captured the mine and am heading into flea town - I’ve got ammo coming out of my ears 500 7.62, 600 .44, 800 9mm amour piercing stuff and other

JudgeDredd

• Jr Lancer
Reply #72 on: September 02, 2023, 11:21:04 AM
Ive been out of 7.62 for a looong time. If I do get any, it's a couple of bullets here and there. Nowhere near enough to last em any time.

Where did you get 500 7.62 from?

I go into the Craft Ammo section and I am allowwed to make .44mm, 9mm and 7.62mm. I have 2 options for 7.62 - it's Armour Piercing or Match.

I have 117 parts and it costs 10 parts to create 30 7.62 ammo...when I select the 7.62mm Armour Piercing, I am not allowed to create anymore 7.62 ammo - and I fon't know why. By my calculations, as I have 117 parts, I'd be able to create 17 x 30 7.62mm for 10 parts each.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2023, 11:44:51 AM by JudgeDredd »

Silent Disapproval Robot

• Lancer
Reply #73 on: September 02, 2023, 01:35:24 PM
I run out of 7.62 sometimes when it's a bigger fight and my MG burns through a few belts but I'm almost always able to make more from my stocks.  The new patch added weapons shipments that you can intercept and you can almost always find either ammo or crafting components to make ammo there.

Do you have a merchant with high explosives skill to make your ammo?  If not, recruit Barry.  Barry's worth his weight in gold.  Cheap, makes decent shaped charges for free, and has a very high explosives skill so disabling landmines and crafting ammo/explosives is a breeze.

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #74 on: September 02, 2023, 01:51:12 PM
I have 117 parts and it costs 10 parts to create 30 7.62 ammo...when I select the 7.62mm Armour Piercing, I am not allowed to create anymore 7.62 ammo - and I fon't know why. By my calculations, as I have 117 parts, I'd be able to create 17 x 30 7.62mm for 10 parts each.

yes, but you have left-handed parts, when you clearly need right-handed parts  :hug:

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love