Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: The Intel Dump!  (Read 246450 times)

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #570 on: March 26, 2021, 10:16:46 PM
Oh, sure.  You're just going to wait until I'm at work before posting it.  Well fine, be that way.  >:( 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

judgedredd

Reply #571 on: March 27, 2021, 03:00:54 AM

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #572 on: March 27, 2021, 03:55:55 PM
It is most noble of you to volunteer being the guinea pig.  :)  Post impressions (whenever you get around to playing it)! 

judgedredd

Reply #573 on: March 28, 2021, 02:29:07 AM
I wasn't firing it up until I had the manual because -  you know - I'm not procastinating - I just like to have the manual so I can look at it and wonder what the contents are like and how it's going to help me play the game - even though I won't read the damn thing and so I'll never play the game because, you know - I haven't read the manual.

And......just bought the DCS Mi-24 Hind module - that I'll never likely fly more than very, very occasionally!  :doh:

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #574 on: March 28, 2021, 08:44:20 AM
Hmm, I'm trying to remember the last time I actually used a physical game manual to help me with a computer game.

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #575 on: March 28, 2021, 09:05:17 AM
Before I even look - is there a fully understandable process for the battles and their outcomes - I want to know why I won, I want to know why I lost

My only experience with this system is WitP and that had a version where all the major land action was taken out it was that bad

I stopped playing WitP because if you lost something you should have won and went to query it in the forum there were a hundred, did you do this, did you do that, did you make sure and then a shrug from the devs with a final ‘wellllllll you know fog of war’ 😤😤

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #576 on: March 28, 2021, 09:52:56 AM
'Fog of War' is a great catch-all though, and can be used to cover a multitude of sins.

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

judgedredd

Reply #577 on: March 28, 2021, 09:57:48 AM
Hmm, I'm trying to remember the last time I actually used a physical game manual to help me with a computer game.
I see you got my point...neither have/do I  :go-on:

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #578 on: March 28, 2021, 10:25:38 AM
'Fog of War' is a great catch-all though, and can be used to cover a multitude of bugs

Fixered

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #579 on: March 28, 2021, 10:29:11 AM
 ;D

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #580 on: March 28, 2021, 10:30:16 AM
'Fog of War' is a great catch-all though, and can be used to cover a multitude of bugs

Fixered

;D
I was being diplomatic.

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #581 on: March 28, 2021, 10:41:44 AM
 :biggrin:

Pffft diplomacy

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #582 on: March 28, 2021, 11:26:41 PM
I wasn't firing it up until I had the manual because -  you know - I'm not procastinating - I just like to have the manual so I can look at it and wonder what the contents are like and how it's going to help me play the game - even though I won't read the damn thing and so I'll never play the game because, you know - I haven't read the manual.

I wouldn't have any idea what that's like...  :whistle: 

Before I even look - is there a fully understandable process for the battles and their outcomes - I want to know why I won, I want to know why I lost

My only experience with this system is WitP and that had a version where all the major land action was taken out it was that bad

I stopped playing WitP because if you lost something you should have won and went to query it in the forum there were a hundred, did you do this, did you do that, did you make sure and then a shrug from the devs with a final ‘wellllllll you know fog of war’ 😤😤

Thank you for making me feel better about never having gotten around to purchasing WitP:AE, ucg.  You're a prince among men.  8) 

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #583 on: March 29, 2021, 09:08:18 AM
Heh, you’re welcome - I love the concept of the grand campaign but when you lose irreplaceable carriers as the IJN after setting the cap, setting the cap at the right height, setting the right amount of cap and they do nothing to intercept an incoming attack, after gnashing your teeth and pounding the keyboard it’s time to go home

judgedredd

Reply #584 on: April 06, 2021, 03:30:02 AM
I never saw this....

I don't know where I am with miniatures now...I really enjoyed Memoir '44, Star Wars Rebellion and I am enjoying Aliens AGDITC though