Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: WitP-AE: once, i had a dream...  (Read 5661 times)

chemkid

on: September 01, 2020, 12:28:32 PM
hi folks!

some time ago i did some mapmods for witp-ae - maybe you saw them or even use them... idk.
anyhow, i dropped out and took all my stuff down in an act of stupidity. now, folks over on matrix' forum are still looking for some 'un-recoverable' items. i happened to get a link to most of my old files from someone almost a year ago - now, it seems it's time to re-upload. i put one file for a mapmod that's otherwise not available on mediafire but i don't have any means to put the link on matrix' forums...

tah! sorry for being an ass... :(

please, if someone's be so kind and post this download link for the yamato damashii v2 mapmod into this thread:

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4878452

[YamatoDamashii_v2 RainyDay - extended Map with hex/nohex, also lots of GUI changes... different music, too]
download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/xpqocajfllt3v2u/YamatoDamashii+v2-20200730T103506Z-001.zip/file

thanks in advance! (...and brant, if this is not the right place or forum to ask for this kinda help - please trash the thread - sorry!)

cheers!
chem!

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #1 on: September 01, 2020, 12:34:11 PM
thanks in advance! (...and brant, if this is not the right place or forum to ask for this kinda help - please trash the thread - sorry!)

We'll move it to "The Modern World" since you're talking about a specific game :)

(and no problem with dropping it somewhere and moving it later)

And I'll get the link posted at Matrix for you

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

chemkid

Reply #2 on: September 01, 2020, 12:34:54 PM
brant! so fast!!! thank you!  :)

Tolstoi

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lancer
  • Hang on, let me overthink this.
    • Alek Tolstoi
Reply #3 on: September 01, 2020, 12:56:28 PM
Hello Chemkid!

Whoa! I don't think I frequent the right forms because I didn't know you were here at ACD. I get alerts for Frank Hunter's Campaigns on the Danube from Matrix forums and most of those alerts are from people looking for your map mods for that game.  :)  So glad to read you are putting your map mods back up for people to get. Does this mean we'll be able to get your mod for CotD's map soon?

No need to apologize. It was your work and you had every right to remove it. I'm happy you are willing to share it again!  :bigthumb:

chemkid

Reply #4 on: September 07, 2020, 03:17:43 PM
DBB-C Planning Map File size: 13.46MB
   - Matching Combat Reporter Map
      - CR_MAP.zip                              [Black/White Map Replacement for Combat Reporter when playing the extended Map(eg.DBB-C)]
   - YamatoDamashii_v2_extended_DBB-C_planningMap.jpg      [Black/White Map(extended) without any terrain features for cheap printing]

Extended Map Base File for Tracker File size: 18.65KB
   - Bases.zip                                    [Bases file replacement for Tracker when playing extended map scenarios like DBB-C]

JuanG Aircraft Purchase System Graphics Mod File size: 16.1MB
   - AAP_CloudyDay_Hex+NoHex.zip                     ['Juan's Off-Map Aircraft Purchase System' plus RA Map Add-On for YamatoDamashii_v1 CloudyDay]
   - AAP-for-YamatoDamashii_v1_ext.zip                  ['Juan's Off-Map Aircraft Purchase System' plus RA Map Add-On for YamatoDamashii_v1 all other]
   - AAP-for-YamatoDamashii_v2_ext.7z                  ['Juan's Off-Map Aircraft Purchase System' plus RA Map Add-On for YamatoDamashii_v2]

Map FactoryFloor File size: 454.52MB
   - 1-7_layered.zip                              [Photoshop TIF for map making(extended), contours, roads, rails, labels, etc...]
   - CollectedFonts.zip                           [Fonts used for YamatoDamashi Maps (Google Roboto Open Type)]
   - layers_BASE+FRAME_SUNNY-v1-ext.7z                  [Photoshop file with seperated frame for map making]
   - layers.zip                                 [Photoshop TIFs for map making(extended), contours, roads, rails, labels, etc...]
   - mapStockMasks.7z                              [Photoshop files to edit the Stockmap, some different contourlines than extended map]
   - witp-ae-GRID+DOT_pattern.zip                     [Photohsop Pattern for the Hexgrid or Hexdots(WIF style) as overlay]

Optional Mods File size: 2.88MB
   - GUI_elements_optional.7z                        [Startup Screen, Loading Screen, a bunch of backgrounds and modded bottom graphics for US and Japan]
   - Map Icon_vividDotBases_optional.7z               [a set of Map Icons with higher contrast colors for your 'old' eyes, can be used without mapmod]

Topo Maps File size: 1.03GB
   - Topo Map v2 Extended
      - AAP_for_TMPv2_optional.7z                     ['Juan's Off-Map Aircraft Purchase System' plus RA Map Add-On for TopoMapProject_v2]
      - TMPv2Ext.7z                              [TopoMapProject_v2 - extended Map with hex/nohex, also lots of GUI changes...]
   - Upgrades                                    [if you need Borders for TopoMapProject just download the upgrade packs for your mod(extended and stock upgrades available.)]
      - Extended Map
         - TMP Dot Borders Upgrade (X).zip            [National Borderline Upgrade Pack]
         - TMP Hex Borders Upgrade (X).zip            [National Borderline Upgrade Pack]
         - TMP Hexless Borders Upgrade (X).zip         [National Borderline Upgrade Pack]
         - TMP Pure Borders Upgrade (X).zip            [National Borderline Upgrade Pack]
         - TMP RnR Boarders Upgrade (X).zip            [National Borderline Upgrade Pack]
      - Stock Map
         - TMP Dot Borders Upgrade (S).zip            [National Borderline Upgrade Pack]
         - TMP Hex Borders Upgrade (S).zip            [National Borderline Upgrade Pack]
         - TMP Hexless Borders Upgrade (S).zip         [National Borderline Upgrade Pack]
         - TMP Pure Borders Upgrade (S).zip            [National Borderline Upgrade Pack]
         - TMP RnR Boarders Upgrade (S).zip            [National Borderline Upgrade Pack]
   Topo Map Project Dot (S).zip                     [TopoMapProject (v1) - Stock Map / r&r, oceandots (different colors for OS OD) + land-hexgrid / MAP STYLE = WITHOUT HEXES]
   Topo Map Project Hex (S).zip                     [TopoMapProject (v1) - Stock Map / r&r, OD-screentone, with ocean+land-hexgrid / MAP STYLE = WITH HEXES]
   Topo Map Project Hexless (S).zip                  [TopoMapProject (v1) - Stock Map / r&r, OD-screentone, without ocean+land-hexgrid / MAP STYLE = WITHOUT HEXES]
   Topo Map Project Pure (S).zip                     [TopoMapProject (v1) - Stock Map / no cues at all, pure topo map project / MAP STYLE = WITHOUT HEXES]
   Topo Map Project RnR (S).zip                     [TopoMapProject (v1) - Stock Map / only Rails and Roads, nothing else / MAP STYLE = WITHOUT HEXES]

YamatoDamashii File size: 997.05MB
   - YamatoDamashii_CloudyDay_v1_extended.zip            [YamatoDamashii_v1 - extended Map with hex/nohex, also lots of GUI changes... - Colorscheme between Sunny and Rainy]
   - YamatoDamashii_CloudyDay_v1_stock.zip               [YamatoDamashii_v1 - stock Map with hex/nohex, also lots of GUI changes... - Colorscheme between Sunny and Rainy]
   - YamatoDamashii_RainyDay_v1_extended.zip            [YamatoDamashii_v1 - extended Map with hex/nohex, also lots of GUI changes... - Colorscheme darker/less colorful]
   - YamatoDamashii_RainyDay_v1_stock.zip               [YamatoDamashii_v1 - stock Map with hex/nohex, also lots of GUI changes... - Colorscheme darker/less colorful]
   - YamatoDamashii_SunnyDay_v1_extended.zip            [YamatoDamashii_v1 - extended Map with hex/nohex, also lots of GUI changes... - Colorscheme bright/colorful]
   - YamatoDamashii_SunnyDay_v1_stock.zip               [YamatoDamashii_v1 - stock Map with hex/nohex, also lots of GUI changes... - Colorscheme bright/colorful]

YamatoDamashii v2 File size: 169.37MB
   - YDRDv2ext.7z                                 [YamatoDamashii_v2 RainyDay - extended Map with hex/nohex, also lots of GUI changes... different music, too]
   - IJN_stockMapIconColorForYDv2.zip                  [a set of Map Icons when using YamatoDamashii_v2/TopoMapProject_v2 Mods = Red Japan]
   - AAP-for-YamatoDamashii_v2_ext.7z                  ['Juan's Off-Map Aircraft Purchase System' plus RA Map Add-On for YamatoDamashii_v2]

thanks to korvar for keeping these files alive ...

cheers!
chem!

chemkid

• Fresh Recruit
Reply #5 on: December 16, 2021, 04:44:31 AM
bump!

please, someone tell the guys over at matrix' witp-ae forum that here's the whole shebang of everything witp-ae modding wise from me.
really, it's all i've got left from my purge. enjoy!

btw, brant once did a heads-up for this pile of graphix over there... but, i still see folks requesting the nitty gritty details.
here you go! whoever you are...

cheers!
chem!

AndrewB

• Fresh Recruit
Reply #6 on: February 05, 2022, 01:10:55 AM
Hi chemkid,

I only just found these files - didn't know they were still available. I have a question - is it OK if I host these files on my own WitP-AE site that I am (slowly) building? I hope to gather several map variants together to make them easier for players to find. The site is still a work in progress but if it is OK I can upload these when I get to adding more map variants.

My WitP-AE site is here:
https://sites.google.com/view/witp-ae-maps-and-scenarios/home

Thanks,
Andrew

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #7 on: February 05, 2022, 08:42:49 AM
The link YamatoDamashii File size: 997.05MB above appears to be broken.

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

chemkid

• Fresh Recruit
Reply #8 on: March 29, 2022, 04:08:34 PM
Hi chemkid,

I only just found these files - didn't know they were still available. I have a question - is it OK if I host these files on my own WitP-AE site that I am (slowly) building? I hope to gather several map variants together to make them easier for players to find. The site is still a work in progress but if it is OK I can upload these when I get to adding more map variants.

My WitP-AE site is here:
https://sites.google.com/view/witp-ae-maps-and-scenarios/home

Thanks,
Andrew

dear andrew,
it's ok, you can do whatever you like with these files - it seems like one or more download links are broken...
sry for the inconvenience, i'll try to re-upload or re-sync the files as soon as possible.

cheers!
chem!