Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: There's really no Jagged Alliance 3 thread?  (Read 12701 times)

JudgeDredd

• Jr Lancer
Reply #15 on: July 15, 2023, 01:48:28 AM
Ha...I'm already in debt and I haven't left the island yet which means I'll likely lose my contacted killers

I feel a new start coming on  ;D

neach-gleidhidh na h-Alba

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #16 on: July 15, 2023, 02:27:12 AM
Did you make your own merc which is essentially your character and is free?

Silent Disapproval Robot

• Lancer
Reply #17 on: July 15, 2023, 02:45:14 AM
$7,000 to make your own character, IIRC but after the initial outlay, they're free.

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #18 on: July 15, 2023, 02:55:42 AM
Is shouty Scottish dwarf a character on there?

-1 movement

-1 stealth

+1 shouting in incoherent voice

JudgeDredd

• Jr Lancer
Reply #19 on: July 15, 2023, 05:04:25 AM

-1 movement

-1 stealth

;D

Don't forget
+5 batter the absolute **** out of any English MoFo's  - or anyone that sounds or looks like an English MoFo's
+7 find alcohol stash
+4 keep cash hidden
+4 peel orange in pocket to accrue energy
 ;D

JudgeDredd

• Jr Lancer
Reply #20 on: July 15, 2023, 05:06:52 AM
Did you make your own merc which is essentially your character and is free?
Nope.

I didn't keep an eye on cash flow and tactically I was fumbling around. Actually, if you ask my wife, that's very realistic for me!

When you select mercs from A.I.M, are you not able to kit them out? I couldn't see a way of doing that.

Doesn't matter really now...in the words of Newt...They're dead...they're all dead, ok?

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #21 on: July 15, 2023, 05:10:06 AM

-1 movement

-1 stealth

;D

Don't forget
+5 batter the absolute **** out of any English MoFo's  - or anyone that sounds or looks like an English MoFo's
+7 find alcohol stash
+4 keep cash hidden
+4 peel orange in pocket to accrue energy
 ;D

:biggrin:

JudgeDredd

• Jr Lancer
Reply #22 on: July 15, 2023, 05:53:09 AM
I had a few hard crashes that required a reboot.  The game's refresh rate is set to 240 hz by default.  Once I lowered that to my monitor's native freq, it's been crash free.
I was going to say I hadn't had a crash in 5 hours...but I just got one. Hard crash - hard reboot required.

Barthheart

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
  • Retired curmudgeon
Reply #23 on: July 15, 2023, 06:45:03 AM
I haven’t had any crashes yet .. so far.

I fixed the frame rate at 60, and reduced the reflections setting to medium. That had a huge effect on my GPU and bumped my running frame rate from 15 to about 25.

There’s another setting in Video called Resolution something. It’s a percentage. Defaults to 100%. But when you select it the next setting down is Ultra 77%. I chose that and my frame rate jumped up to 41 and fans stopped whining while playing.

All these had so small an effect on the look of the game as to not be noticed but sure upped the playability.

JD, you can’t kit up yer initial mercs. You need to find and repair weapons and stuff in the field.

I’m still on the first island too and so far have already gotten one of my starting mercs killed. But I did find an MG42!  Gonna need that to clear the last spot on the island.

UI is taking a bit to get used to. And I’m find the enemy AI is doing a fair job of shooting me to pieces.

Having a blast playing.  :bigthumb:

PETS - People for the Ethical Treatment of Square corners

JudgeDredd

• Jr Lancer
Reply #24 on: July 15, 2023, 07:16:40 AM
Third hard crash.

I'll mess with the settings - see if it stabalises. Funny thing is I got 5 hours without a crash and had 3 in the last hour or so of playing. I do have everything maxed out - but I have from the start.

I ran out of money mainly because some popup came up offering me instant access to something for $20,000...I didn't think much about it and clicked ok and it left me with about $11k...not enough to keep my mercs.

I got the MG as well - cost me dear though. That was a tight area to operate in

I did start a new game with a created merc.

Barthheart

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
  • Retired curmudgeon
Reply #25 on: July 15, 2023, 07:30:27 AM
I think, from what I’ve been reading, that most people’s crashes are from their GPUs overheating, giving up under the strain and shutting down.

PETS - People for the Ethical Treatment of Square corners

Silent Disapproval Robot

• Lancer
Reply #26 on: July 15, 2023, 08:01:54 AM
I dunno.  My first crash happened during the loading screen before the first battle.  I'd only been running the game for about 20 minutes at that point and most of that was fiddling with key bindings and making my merc.

JudgeDredd

• Jr Lancer
Reply #27 on: July 15, 2023, 08:56:12 AM
Also my crashes - I had 5 hours of play with no crashes. Then I had 3 today - and at varying times...one was just moving from the house where you get the briefing to an open area...no enemies nothing. And I had been through that place twice already (restarting).

Has anyone cleared the far right of the island yet? I just lost 2 of my mercs in very, very short order. They are not the same mercs you meet at the beginning. Tough as old arse and can dish out serious pain. Lots of auto weapons dealing lots of damage.

I'm playing it on easy too!

JudgeDredd

• Jr Lancer
Reply #28 on: July 15, 2023, 09:31:04 AM
Actually, I wonder if I'm meant to free the entire island with my wee force anyway? Maybe I'm just meant to secure Ernie and then train some mercs to keep that defended until I've got more money and can get more mercs...because that end of the island is brutal

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #29 on: July 15, 2023, 09:34:53 AM
Ugg another one added to the wishlist. Thanks alot guys........

what else did you think we were here for?

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love