Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Stellaris  (Read 100325 times)

ojsdad

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #345 on: July 10, 2021, 03:40:49 PM
I'm finding that the AI doesn't seem to do to bad with sector management mid game.  It seems to struggle at the beginning, but once you have your econonmy up and going, the AI seems to not do too bad.  Still watching it, so it may hose me yet. 

Here at ACD, we all pee the same color.

ojsdad

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #346 on: July 10, 2021, 03:43:20 PM
Stellie, another thing with starbases.  Some of the starbase modules and buildings can add bonuses to your planets.  So if you have capacity to build more, and you have a systems with multiple planets, you may want to look at building some there with the focus on resource storage, anchorages, and system/planet buffs. 

Bison

• Corporal
Reply #347 on: July 10, 2021, 06:34:33 PM
I plan to attempt and use sectors eventually. I started a new game now that I slightly better understand planet management. The focus in this game is to learn the development of resources from buildings, space stations, and research.

I did end up getting cut off of expansion paths due to a slower exploration focus. However, I have a couple of good sized systems to build the core of my empire.

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #348 on: July 12, 2021, 04:01:40 AM
I've been running into major lag issues whenever I open up the species screen (via the demographics tab in my government screen), especially as I was getting towards the mid-game and beyond.  And by "major" lag, I mean my game basically freezes for five minutes or longer.  A couple times it's gotten so bad, that I just said "screw this" and forced a shutdown of the game and restarted from the last save point (when I wasn't too frustrated to restart, anyway). 

I've since deleted that game and started a new one (dang it -- it was a fun game otherwise).  However, I first uninstalled a number of mods I was subscribed to (in case they were part of the problem), so fingers crossed I have fewer difficulties this time around.  But I'm curious as to whether anyone else has come across this or something similar. 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

ojsdad

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #349 on: July 23, 2021, 10:58:02 PM
Yep, a 5 planet system totaling 87 districts three systems from my home world.  And I'm a robotic race, which means I can colonize them all whenever I want.  And yes, if you see the Metsia system bottom center, that's a three planet system with another 47 districts. 

Bison

• Corporal
Reply #350 on: July 23, 2021, 11:30:44 PM
Wow. I thought my three planet system was a great find but this is pretty awesome.

ojsdad

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #351 on: July 24, 2021, 09:14:19 AM
Finally got a science ship to the system.

Bison

• Corporal
Reply #352 on: July 24, 2021, 09:23:11 AM
Cool! I have only successfully complete one archeology research project. It must not have had any particularly important findings because I cannot recall anything about it.

Tolstoi

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lancer
  • Hang on, let me overthink this.
    • Alek Tolstoi
Reply #353 on: July 24, 2021, 10:25:38 AM
Finally got a science ship to the system.

Are the names for places and objects dynamically generated? With names like:
  • Yggdrasil Orchid Complex
  • Kugelblitz Containment Silo
  • Orbital Elysium habitats
I get the impression the game is drawing from a list of names and just throwing them together for the text you get when you make a discovery.

ojsdad

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #354 on: July 24, 2021, 11:53:57 AM
Tolstoi,

These are all mega structures from the Gigastructures DLC.

Kugelblitz Containment Silo
“An incredibly advanced storage device, which can store energy and matter in the form of radiation.”

Yggdrasil Orchid Complex
“A fully activated Yggdrasil Orchid Complex, surrounding a Gas Giant full of genetically engineered plant life floating in its upper atmosphere, ready to be harvested and transformed into edible food for our population.”

Orbital Elysium
“An Orbital Elysium is a form of advanced habitat orbiting a planet, providing lots of living space.”

Here a google doc with all of the structures and features in the mod;

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HXW5F6S6UWESkPSh6OaxWvHwZyYAGYSuCBnCAn1B5g4/edit#heading=h.tydrjrt7mcu7

Tolstoi

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lancer
  • Hang on, let me overthink this.
    • Alek Tolstoi
Reply #355 on: July 25, 2021, 12:53:45 AM
Here a google doc with all of the structures and features in the mod;

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HXW5F6S6UWESkPSh6OaxWvHwZyYAGYSuCBnCAn1B5g4/edit#heading=h.tydrjrt7mcu7

That is amazing and kinda crazy all at the same time. I honestly thought they just took random words and strung them together. Seeing "Yggdrasil" made me think of Norse mythology and as it is paired up with "Orchid Complex", it all just seemed out of place, and yet someone purposefully created them that way. Thanks for the explanation and the link.

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #356 on: July 25, 2021, 02:47:40 AM
Damn!  That's an absolutely amazing start, ojsdad.  It almost borders on ridiculous.  ;D 

With just those handful of systems, you could establish a pocket empire and build tall, if you wanted to.  I'm guessing, however, that you're not gonna stop with that...  :biggrin: 

Wow. I thought my three planet system was a great find but this is pretty awesome.

I believe that in the vanilla game, you won't find more than three habitable planets in a star system (excluding Sanctuary).  Systems with four or more planets are only possible with mods. 

Cool! I have only successfully complete one archeology research project. It must not have had any particularly important findings because I cannot recall anything about it.

The rewards from completing archeology sites can be rather uneven, but I find that's part of the fun.  Sometimes you get just a minor reward ("That's it??"); sometimes it's a nice chunk of research, resources, unity, etc.; and sometimes you get a Relic, which are...quite nice.  >:D 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

ojsdad

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #357 on: July 25, 2021, 02:27:21 PM
I'm guessing, however, that you're not gonna stop with that...  :biggrin: 

Bloody right I'm going to keep expanding.   >:D

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #358 on: July 25, 2021, 02:33:37 PM
Sigh, right I give up - as a purchaser if 1.0 what is my vanilla game running at now and what do I need to make it awesome

ojsdad

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #359 on: July 25, 2021, 02:35:45 PM
Sigh, right I give up - as a purchaser if 1.0 what is my vanilla game running at now and what do I need to make it awesome

A blank check  ;D