Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Fields of Fire III  (Read 3095 times)

JudgeDredd

• Jr Lancer
on: July 24, 2023, 05:32:27 PM
This is just the best news. My number 1 game with my number 1 conflict

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/392697/fields-fire-iii-parachute-regiment

neach-gleidhidh na h-Alba

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #1 on: July 24, 2023, 08:37:09 PM
Interesting! But I still haven't cracked open FoF 2.  :-[

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

JudgeDredd

• Jr Lancer
Reply #2 on: July 25, 2023, 01:46:48 AM
I really couldn't recomend FoF enough. It's an excellent play on platoon/company solo board gaming.

I remember I was looking for a Korea game and some people recommended FoF. I checked it out and was like "Nah ah"...not into card games at all. Then I took the plunge and honestly, every time I'm thinking about which game to play next, FoF is right at the forefront and the only reason it isn't constantly on there is because I need to play some other games I've bought.

FoF2 wasn't my fav due to the fixed terrain. I much preferred the first edition.

Rules are shockingly bad which makes the game seem so much harder than it is...I'd recommend getting the new rules set from the GMT Deluxe Edition website.
https://www.gmtgames.com/p-998-fields-of-fire-deluxe-edition.aspx

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #3 on: March 17, 2024, 10:59:33 AM
From Pete V over on Mastodon

The new field manuals for Fields of Fire are looking good. I think they’ll help folks who bounced off earlier versions of game. Took a while for GMT to get to this point but they’re doing a good job getting the game up to the standards of their more recent productions.

https://gmtwebsiteassets.s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/FoF_Deluxe/FoF_Deluxe-Field_Manual_Part_1_03062024.pdf

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

JudgeDredd

• Jr Lancer
Reply #4 on: March 17, 2024, 12:11:40 PM
Yeah - I've read some of the deluxe stuff and it's leaps and bounds ahead of where the manual was. I've yet to see the new field manuals and player aids - but I'm waiting for my deluxe copy rather than downloading and printing.

I won't be playing it for a while anyway - but I'm excited this game is getting the documentation it deserves and hopefully more people will realise it's brilliance.