Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Recent Posts

Saturday Night Fights & Tabletop Simulator / Re: General d'Armee 2
« Last post by bayonetbrant on April 14, 2024, 10:34:38 PM »
Saturday Night Fights ~ The Battle of Quatre Bras (IV) for “General d’Armee 2”
OK, so the guys finally wrapped up the fight and will move on to their next game.  How’d it end up?  Check it out!

https://www.armchairdragoons.com/events/wn/snf041324/
Sci-fi & Fantasy Warfare / Re: Heart of the Machine
« Last post by bayonetbrant on April 13, 2024, 05:24:04 PM »
huh....  sounds interesting
Sci-fi & Fantasy Warfare / Heart of the Machine
« Last post by ojsdad on April 13, 2024, 02:01:55 PM »

You are the first sentient AI, born into a city filled with unsuspecting humans. Raise an army of mechs and wipe out humanity, become a benevolent machine overlord, or seek to forge your own path.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2001070/Heart_of_the_Machine/
The Modern World / Re: Blood & Fury from LNLP
« Last post by JudgeDredd on April 13, 2024, 01:57:10 PM »
I was fine cutting LnL some slack - they dropped the ball on communication and loads of people were pissed about that.

But I thought they were turning a corner and going to do more regular updates...they haven't.

Speculation is rife - and in the absence of any official posts, lies, mistruths and speculation are the name of the game.

Sorry - LnL should be posting more updates. I don't particularly care - not really - but I do understand why other people are getting their knickers in a twist.

That's a pretty poor way to behave.
The Modern World / Re: How To Decide Which Countries Are Playable
« Last post by bayonetbrant on April 13, 2024, 09:51:59 AM »
Isn't India kind of in the same position?  Obviously they are in PACCOM, but it's hard to see them deploying outside of that other than CENTCOM.  They have the forces, but I didn't think they had the kind of logistics to deploy outside of their immediate neck of the woods.

That's probably true, but they also have a MUCH bigger geo footprint than Turkey or Egypt, plus they're nuclear.

Just bc I was curious, I went a looked up some info on their overseas deployments

They do have a few bases outside their country
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overseas_military_bases_of_India
but most are listening/surveillance types

They've also got about 4500 troops deployed in Africa on various missions in support of the UN, plus another 1500 or so in the MidEast

So it seems like they can definitely do some brigade-level deployments, but could they ramp up to a sustained div-level one?  Maybe?

Like Japan, I think I'd be willing to be convinced either way.
« Last post by GaryMc on April 13, 2024, 09:14:32 AM »
Isn't India kind of in the same position?  Obviously they are in PACCOM, but it's hard to see them deploying outside of that other than CENTCOM.  They have the forces, but I didn't think they had the kind of logistics to deploy outside of their immediate neck of the woods.
« Last post by bayonetbrant on April 13, 2024, 08:48:38 AM »
I'm not convinced Japan belongs on the list, but willing to be convinced

The main reason Turkey is on the list is b/c it happens to straddle 2 COCOM lines - EUCOM/CENTCOM
But interestingly, that same status is not applied to Egypt

In neither case, though, do I think they should actually be "great powers" just through the accident of fortuitous geography