Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Weekend Gaming!!!  (Read 225915 times)

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #315 on: August 17, 2019, 07:42:32 PM
Did it do that all on it's own or was some of the damage from you removing it? I hope it didn't self destruct on the highway because that would suck magnus tempus.

popped on it's own as I hit a pretty large (known) bump in the road near the house.  Fortunately, we were on our way home, and I was able to get it up the driveway with no problem.  Also fortunate that no debris from that belt got into anything else.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

Staggerwing

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #316 on: August 17, 2019, 08:26:56 PM
Whew! Lucky break.

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #317 on: August 22, 2019, 09:28:25 AM
I hope you catch a break soon, Brant. That's messed up but it IS fortunate it didn't shred/damage anything else in there.  :o

============================================

Solosaurus Podcast: https://solosaurus.libsyn.com/
(includes Solosaurus Plays)

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #318 on: August 23, 2019, 08:45:10 AM
A patch just dropped for Interstellar Space: Genesis so I will (have to) start a new game this weekend. If there's time I might run a quick Early Wars scenario in Federation Commander. Also the Battle Hymn Gettysburg/Pea Ridge counters still in need of clipping.

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #319 on: August 23, 2019, 09:37:08 AM
I'm finally going to have time to pop in my new graphics card after work today - paranoid me of course worrying it won't work/fit (though it should, I checked it out). Should be a night and day difference for my rig's performance. I had bought Fallout 4 on super sale a few weeks ago (the full version with all the DLCs), and it will run on my current rig but only on all of the lowest settings and even then at about 5 FPS. Here's hoping it works.

trailrunner

• Corporal
Reply #320 on: August 23, 2019, 12:14:22 PM
I’ll be playing ASL with the club this weekend. We will play a scenario from May 1940 in France.

I’ve spent half my life’s earning on wargames, women, and drink. The rest I wasted.

Sir Slash

• Lance Sergeant
  • Head of the Honorable Order of Knights Hotwings
Reply #321 on: August 23, 2019, 12:32:28 PM
I'll be trying to figure out a way to get my computer to float so I don't have to get out of the pool to play.  :bigthumb:  So far no luck and I have 3 computers at the bottom of my pool.  :waah:   So... maybe a Sub Sim would be appropriate.

Any Day is a Good Day That Doesn't Involve Too Much Work or Too Little Gaming

mirth

• Cardboard Mohel
  • Lance Sergeant
    • Armchair Dragoons
Reply #322 on: August 23, 2019, 12:36:04 PM
Pool Commander

Being able to Google shit better than your clients is a legit career skill.

Sir Slash

• Lance Sergeant
  • Head of the Honorable Order of Knights Hotwings
Reply #323 on: August 23, 2019, 03:49:35 PM
Wouldn't buy unless it's on sale.

Any Day is a Good Day That Doesn't Involve Too Much Work or Too Little Gaming

Arctic Blast

• Jr Lancer
Reply #324 on: August 23, 2019, 05:15:25 PM
Waggle Dance, a game about...beehives. With lots of brightly colored dice. Yes indeed.

On the other hand, time to finally get Too Many Bones up on the table and give it a go.  I'm looking forward to getting crushed beneath the weight of a monster's health stack and the components themselves.

Oh, and Star Traders : Frontiers on Steam. It's a byzantine confusing labyrinth of decisions where I have no real idea of what the Hell I'm actually doing, but I'm rather enjoying it! And Madden 20. First time I've owned it in over a decade. I am a terrible quarterback.

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #325 on: August 23, 2019, 05:26:11 PM
On the other hand, time to finally get Too Many Bones up on the table and give it a go.  I'm looking forward to getting crushed beneath the weight of a monster's health stack and the components themselves.

Heard a lot of good things about this, but it's so expensive it's avoided my grasp (thankfully). I already have too many dungeon crawlers (coughGloomhavencough - lol). But I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on this one.

Arctic Blast

• Jr Lancer
Reply #326 on: August 23, 2019, 05:48:47 PM

Heard a lot of good things about this, but it's so expensive it's avoided my grasp (thankfully). I already have too many dungeon crawlers (coughGloomhavencough - lol). But I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on this one.

Yeah, a local was selling off his copy at a reasonable price, otherwise I would never have ponied up the amount to buy it new and cover shipping. I'll let you know what I think of it.

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #327 on: August 24, 2019, 06:55:42 AM
Continuing my campaign in Stellaris, where I'm wrapping up my 2nd war against an empire of Fanatic Purifiers.  They came frighteningly close to destroying me in the first war, so this has been one of my more satisfying gaming comebacks. 

Am also slowly continuing my Hojo campaign in the original Shogun: Total War.  Because why not?  :D 

A patch just dropped for Interstellar Space: Genesis so I will (have to) start a new game this weekend.

Saw that.  Sounds like there's never been a better time to dive into this one!  (Now if I could just pull myself away from Stellaris...) 
« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 03:54:46 PM by Martok »

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

Bison

• Corporal
Reply #328 on: August 25, 2019, 06:18:13 PM
Taught a couple of chaps how to play basic whist this weekend. Eventually I’ll teach them the rules to play whist with bidding...UPTOWN...DOWNTOWN...

trailrunner

• Corporal
Reply #329 on: September 27, 2019, 04:38:08 PM
I'll be playing ASL on the club game day tomorrow.  I have an opponent, and I chose a late-war scenario based on some German units fleeing west to escape the Russians.  There's some heavy metal in the form of IS-2 tanks.  I forget what's on the German side, but it's probably something comparable.  Should be fun.

I’ve spent half my life’s earning on wargames, women, and drink. The rest I wasted.