Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Weekend Gaming!!!  (Read 220972 times)

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #450 on: November 08, 2019, 07:21:53 PM
Deep into an endless space 2 game as the empire - just built my first ‘core cracker’ planet destroyer - I have an enemy who has pissed me off all game, there’s always that one in any 4x - not 20 turns ago he sent a message saying ‘you should have destroyed us when you could’ - well he’s getting it now

Then some steel division

And painting the last of my gebirgsjager platoon before moving into some SS

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #451 on: November 08, 2019, 10:19:32 PM
Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes just dropped another update (I love that Stardock is still supporting this game!), so have been playing that again the last few days. 

I've also reluctantly updated Stellaris to 2.51, to see if I can finally wrap my head around the shitty economic and planetary management systems introduced in the 2.2 "Le Guin" update last year.  Not that I really *want* to, but the bastards at Paradox are forcing my hand. 

The Ancient Relics story pack has tempted me for quite some time now, and I'm also strongly interested in the Federations expansion due to be released soon (probably in the next 3-4 weeks).  Unfortunately, neither DLC is compatible with the 2.1 version that I've been playing for so long, so I have no choice but to update if I want to be able to play them. 

I really f***ing hate Paradox sometimes. 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #452 on: November 09, 2019, 08:40:42 AM
I went back for some more Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes myself the past couple of days. It seems to run a bit faster than I remember. Still a fun game.  :bigthumb:

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #453 on: November 09, 2019, 09:29:16 AM
I look at that every time its in a sale - one of these days I'll pick it up.

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

tuna

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lancer
Reply #454 on: November 09, 2019, 11:47:36 AM
I enjoyed it, it played well on my laptop.. Would definitely see myself playing it again. Best thing is the factions are 'different'.. Unlike say Age of Wonders III, where it was just a race to the higher tier.

Definitely recommend it when it's on sale Bob.  :bigthumb:

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #455 on: November 09, 2019, 01:08:28 PM
Yeah, FE:LH is definitely worth picking up, Bob -- at any price IMO, but especially when it's on sale.  The various DLC's are worth getting too, although I personally give The Dead World a miss (too unbalanced).  Keep your eyes open for a bundle/package deal! 

It seems to run a bit faster than I remember. Still a fun game.  :bigthumb:

Yeah, FE:LH seems to run a little smoother on my machine as well.  Which would make sense, as I believe Brad did some optimization improvements in the 2.5 update that came out earlier this year (he even lamented that he couldn't do more). 

Best thing is the factions are 'different'.. Unlike say Age of Wonders III, where it was just a race to the higher tier.

Agreed.  Although being able to create your own custom Sovereigns and custom factions is fun too, if you're willing to put in a little extra time.  It's pretty much like your classic character creation system. 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #456 on: November 09, 2019, 02:10:30 PM
 :bigthumb:

mirth

• Cardboard Mohel
  • Lance Sergeant
    • Armchair Dragoons
Reply #457 on: November 09, 2019, 02:25:22 PM
Compass Con loot

Being able to Google shit better than your clients is a legit career skill.

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #458 on: November 09, 2019, 03:37:16 PM
 :bigthumb:

Vietnam looks interesting.

mirth

• Cardboard Mohel
  • Lance Sergeant
    • Armchair Dragoons
Reply #459 on: November 09, 2019, 03:39:06 PM
Bar-Lev looks good too. And Blue Water Navy is crack for me.

Being able to Google shit better than your clients is a legit career skill.

trailrunner

• Corporal
Reply #460 on: November 16, 2019, 01:38:38 PM
Two buddies are coming over tomorrow to play ASL.  We're playing a scenario set in 1944 with German, Romanian, and Russian forces.  Two guys will take the German and Romanian side, and the other will take the Russian side.  To keep it unpredictable, we'll roll for sides.  Should be fun.

I’ve spent half my life’s earning on wargames, women, and drink. The rest I wasted.

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #461 on: November 16, 2019, 04:58:00 PM
you should arm-wrestle for sides! :)

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

rickbill

• Patreon Supporters
  • Trooper
  • https://virtualwargamer.org
    • VWC
Reply #462 on: November 17, 2019, 10:18:16 PM
vWOW today ... multiplayer Tank Duel with Mike Bertucelli teaching.  Good game.  Hopefully we can get more next time.  Multiplayer for December's vWOW is Down in Flames!

trailrunner

• Corporal
Reply #463 on: December 13, 2019, 05:57:36 AM
Playing an ASL PTO scenario on Saturday.  This will be our first time with jungle rules and Japanese units. Should be fun.

I’ve spent half my life’s earning on wargames, women, and drink. The rest I wasted.

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #464 on: December 13, 2019, 01:39:19 PM
I've got some LnL content to get through (most notably, Space Infantry: Resurgence as well as its expansion - look for unboxing videos coming soon), but now that my daughter is here, we're going to be starting up Gloomhaven. I read the manual this morning and wow, what an excellent document that was - over 40 pages but a quick and easy read with lots of examples and clear, unambiguous text. Though I did see a lot of errata, so that'll be interesting.

============================================

Solosaurus Podcast: https://solosaurus.libsyn.com/
(includes Solosaurus Plays)