Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Anno 1800 - anyone tried it?  (Read 6929 times)

judgedredd

on: April 14, 2019, 12:49:51 PM
Has anyone played the beta of Anno 1800?

In fact has anyone played any of the Anno games? What are they like gameplay wise?

I'm semi interested in it, but it looks like it could be a bit like Civilisation. I'm not sure I'm up for another version of Civilisation.

I have some money burning a hole in my pocket and I'm looking at this, The Division 2 (though I was a bit underwhelmed with The Division) or perhaps at a stretch Tropico 6

Arctic Blast

• Jr Lancer
Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 04:33:48 PM
Has anyone played the beta of Anno 1800?

In fact has anyone played any of the Anno games? What are they like gameplay wise?

I'm semi interested in it, but it looks like it could be a bit like Civilisation. I'm not sure I'm up for another version of Civilisation.

I have some money burning a hole in my pocket and I'm looking at this, The Division 2 (though I was a bit underwhelmed with The Division) or perhaps at a stretch Tropico 6

I've played some of the older Anno games and liked them. Been considering the 1800 beta.

I'm about 29 hours into The Division 2. I played the first as well, but I'm enjoying the second game a lot more than I did the first one. And the attention to detail in the map building is insane. You can not only wander around museums in the game, but the same displays are also inside them.  The game world itself also feels a lot more alive than the first game did. New gangs keep popping up, new enemy types, new side mission types, the whole thing just keeps growing.

judgedredd

Reply #2 on: April 16, 2019, 01:33:42 AM
I ended up getting Anno 1800. The Division 2 might fall into my lap anyway as I might have to buy a new SSD - and Samsung are giving the game away with their 1TB drives at eBuyer  :bigthumb:

If not, I'll pick The Division 2 up on sale at some point. I haven't finished The Division yet anyway. I'm only at level 12. so there's still lots of map to uncover

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #3 on: April 16, 2019, 04:45:15 AM
I could be interested if it's ever in a sale, but no way would I pay 50 quid.

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

Arctic Blast

• Jr Lancer
Reply #4 on: April 16, 2019, 05:40:12 PM
I ended up getting Anno 1800. The Division 2 might fall into my lap anyway as I might have to buy a new SSD - and Samsung are giving the game away with their 1TB drives at eBuyer  :bigthumb:

If not, I'll pick The Division 2 up on sale at some point. I haven't finished The Division yet anyway. I'm only at level 12. so there's still lots of map to uncover

If choosing between continuing the first game and starting the second, I would recommend just shelving the first. And I liked my time playing it.