Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: LnLP World at War Series reboot  (Read 172508 times)

judgedredd

Reply #510 on: February 17, 2020, 04:57:18 PM
Yeah. Ive' seen a guy in Oxford, England and Scotland get their box/notifications...

Just patiently waiting hoping nothing has gone wrong and my order has slipped through the cracks  :whistle:

mirth

• Cardboard Mohel
  • Lance Sergeant
    • Armchair Dragoons
Reply #511 on: February 17, 2020, 04:59:59 PM
All I can say is it's worth the wait.

Being able to Google shit better than your clients is a legit career skill.

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #512 on: February 17, 2020, 05:36:24 PM
 :bigthumb:

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

judgedredd

Reply #513 on: February 18, 2020, 05:52:59 AM
Vassal module is available

http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:World_At_War_85:_Storming_the_Gap

I don't understand - they give the game away for free as a Vassal module? How does that work? The rules are online and so anyone can read the online manual and play the game.

I'm not bothered about it - just wondering how they financially justify it. Personally I couldn't see me playing it on Vassal because boardgaming loses something in transition to the computer screen.

Barthheart

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
  • Retired curmudgeon
Reply #514 on: February 18, 2020, 06:14:44 AM
The scenario and module special rules will never be made available online. So yes, you can play the demo scenario and make up yer own to play. It actually Is a good marketing tool.

PETS - People for the Ethical Treatment of Square corners

judgedredd

Reply #515 on: February 18, 2020, 06:22:10 AM
Ah I see.

I did notice that Battle Hymn manual is online but the scenario manual and setup is not.

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #516 on: February 18, 2020, 10:19:23 AM
Thats the way it works with most, but not all, Vassal mods. Usually, at least one player need to own a physical copy of the game in order to have critical information - rules /charts / scenario details.

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

judgedredd

Reply #517 on: February 19, 2020, 05:04:13 PM
Still....waiting....patiently....

I have to try and find some more patience from somewhere - I'm running out knowing it's being delivered all over Europe and the UK and I've had no notice as yet  :waah:

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #518 on: February 19, 2020, 05:09:09 PM
JD, that really is extremely annoying. I'd be jumping up and down if it were me, and trying to find someone to moan at :-)

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

judgedredd

Reply #519 on: February 19, 2020, 05:41:58 PM
That's what I've got you lot for  :tickedoff:

ojsdad

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #520 on: February 19, 2020, 05:51:10 PM
What about the other dozen new games you've purchased recently.  Surely you haven't had time to play them all yet.

Here at ACD, we all pee the same color.

mirth

• Cardboard Mohel
  • Lance Sergeant
    • Armchair Dragoons
Reply #521 on: February 19, 2020, 05:57:55 PM
What about the other dozen new games you've purchased recently.  Surely you haven't had time to play them all yet.

I'm glad you said it  ;D

Being able to Google shit better than your clients is a legit career skill.

judgedredd

Reply #522 on: February 20, 2020, 02:08:42 AM
lol - I know

But my frustration is more concern really. Until I get my notification, I don't have a game for my money. I'm certainly not going to play it when I get it but I will punch it and bag it, check out the components and probably keep the manual out.Irrational? Probably.

I've got 20 games. All are opened, punched and clipped (it's like the smell of a new book or a new car...can't help myself).

Of those,  5 haven't been played.

Of those 5, 2 are due to space and map sizes (Holland '44 and Ardennes '44) and game space restrictions (although I actually have played part of Holland '44 - so I at least got that to the table for a short time), Space Empires because Combat! bit me and kept me from getting it to the table, Silver Bayonet because at the time I had Holland '44 on the big table and Battle Hymn! Gettysburg and Pea Ridge - which will be rectified after my AAR on Combat has finished which will be this weekend.

So after this weekend, only 4 will remain unplayed and now I have no cat (she passed away bless her - only 6 years old), I can have the big table all the time and so I'll be able to get Ardennes '44 and Holland '44 .

My gameplay sequence is likely to be (space permitting)
  • Battle Hymn:Gettysburg and Pea Ridge
  • Space Empires
  • Holland '44
  • Silver Bayonet
  • Ardennes '44
  • World at War:Storming the Gap '85
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 02:57:48 AM by judgedredd »

Silent Disapproval Robot

• Lancer
Reply #523 on: February 25, 2020, 12:07:19 AM
Barth, hear anything back from LnL regarding the Fedex situation yet?  I've poked them a few times but got zero response.

judgedredd

Reply #524 on: February 25, 2020, 01:41:06 AM
This was posted on the Kickstarter site
@ N L

FedEx - Canada

I am hoping for an answer to the FedEx-Canada issue in his early week. FedEx has been very disappointing in their handling of this.