Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• The ACDC returns in 2025!  17-19 January 2025 we'll gather online for a variety of games and chats all weekend long
  • SAVE THE DATE!  The Armchair Dragoons Fall Assembly will be held 11-13 October 2024 in Raleigh/Cary, NC

News

The ACDC returns in 2025!  17-19 January 2025 we'll gather online for a variety of games and chats all weekend long

Author Topic: London, Ontario, Canada July 20th  (Read 360 times)

Hazdrubal

• Patreon Supporters
  • Jr. Trooper
    • Hazdrubal's Wargaming Blog
on: July 16, 2024, 02:22:49 PM
Greetings Dragoons.

My FLGS (the Game Chamber) is having a gamesday this Saturday (July 20th 2024).

More details at:https://www.thegamechamber.com/pages/roll-4-con

Most of the games being offered are Big company games, Though I a running a pair of Fistful 0f Lead: reloaded games.

Rich known here as "Haz"

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #1 on: July 16, 2024, 03:03:56 PM
very cool!  take pictures :)

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

Hazdrubal

• Patreon Supporters
  • Jr. Trooper
    • Hazdrubal's Wargaming Blog
Reply #2 on: July 20, 2024, 08:42:40 PM
EDITED TO SHOW THE PICTURES

Greeting Dragoons,

Roll4con was The Game Chamber's inaugural gaming convention, well they were calling it a convention. I was calling it a gamesday, there were not convention-like sides, it was just miniature based games.

We were asked to make our games for 4 players, which I thought was not a unresonable request. We were asked to commit to run 2 games 10AM and 2 PM (they could be different games). We got "Paid" for the games we ran, in store credit $10 per game and $10 per player.

Day started of on a sour note. I went by the venue the night before to set up my game. Arrived in the morning to find someone needed room to unpack their stuff, so had shoved alot of my terriain aside to make room, so he could unload I guess, and left it for me to fix.  :o >:(

Aside from my game (Wiley Games: Fistful of Lead: Reloaded) all the other offerings were big game company games.

Most of the games had 2 players at most, several in the 10AM session, had none. Most of the 2 PM games had no players, I think only 2 or 3 games had players. There were supposed to be 32 games (16 per session, that's how many 6' x 4' tables they have), some of the GMs learned early they would have no players and either cancelled their games of just didnt show up. Even with the low turn out it was very noisy, shouting being necessary to communicate with my players. Hopefully if they do it again, they ask for Feedback (and address any comments) from the Players and GMs

The low turn out was IMHO due to several things,
    * Lack of adverstising. The store did very little, they had a stack of business cards near the exit. The GMs were sent a DM, A Day Before, asking us to make at least one Posting about the event somewhere.
    * The registration process. The process was go to the Store's website, find a game you liked the look of, buy a ticket and show up day of and hope there were   other people playing (in case of just one player, I guess the GM was supposed to be their opponent.)

I was so busy running my 10 AM game, I didn't have time to get pictures of it (start to finish less than 90 minutes)

Here is what happened The "Lawmen" walked down Mainstreet to confront the Dixon gang, which were sleeping off the weeks' frivolity, at the All Right corall. The Dixon gang must be seasoned drinkers as none of them failed their hangover rolls. The opening shots quickly saw 2 of the lawmen downed, then another one and another one. Rusty was the only Lawman still in the fight, mainly because almost every time he shot he would run out of ammumnition (he ran out 4 times, 3 with his rifle and once for his pistol), he did manage to put one of the Dixon gang down before being swarmed by the rest of the gang, He got knocked down, then then Dick with the shotgun moved in close and open fire and opened Rusty up. The Lawmen player had terrible dice the entire game when he need to roll High he3 failed to so and when he needed to roll low he failed to so as well.

My 2PM game had no sign ups, so I stuck around til 2:30 Packed up and departed.

Here are some of the other games being offered. Hopefully the pictures post.

The Venue:

Silver Bayonet:

Infinty:

Fistful of Lead: Reloaded:

Star Wars X-wing:

Battletech:

Middle Earth Strategy Battle game or Lord of the Rings:

Battletech, Alpha Strike:

Fallout, Wasteland Warriors:

Bolt Action:

Marvel Crisis Protocol:

Star Wars, Shatterpoint:

« Last Edit: July 21, 2024, 10:37:23 AM by Hazdrubal »

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #3 on: July 20, 2024, 10:40:44 PM
Sounds like it was a great idea with a bit of poor execution.  I hope there was a good time had by those who did show up for the games.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love