Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: USAREUR 1976  (Read 4741 times)

cptcav

• Fresh Recruit
on: May 02, 2021, 04:06:16 PM
I have just published a book on Amazon about the order of battle of the US Army in Europe in the 1970s, "USAREUR 1976: United States Army, Europe and Seventh Army."

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B093BDMY3X?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

Please check it out.

Regards,
Mark Breed

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #1 on: May 04, 2021, 05:02:06 PM
I have just published a book on Amazon about the order of battle of the US Army in Europe in the 1970s, "USAREUR 1976: United States Army, Europe and Seventh Army."

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B093BDMY3X?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

Please check it out.

Regards,
Mark Breed

No Kindle-only option?

Also, are SASCOM and the USAAGs accounted for in there?  8)

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

cptcav

• Fresh Recruit
Reply #2 on: May 04, 2021, 11:44:17 PM
Kindle was not possible as they do not allow editing of photos in their program. I am working on finding some other ebook editor program.

Regarding the 59th Ordnance Group, it is listed; however, the component units are not detailed. Apologies.

Regards,
Mark
« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 11:50:04 PM by cptcav »

cptcav

• Fresh Recruit
Reply #3 on: May 14, 2021, 04:38:57 PM
To all those who bought my book, THANK YOU!

I am embarrassed to say that after publication, errors were discovered. I am listing those errors here and attaching a pdf page with the corrections that can be downloaded and kept with the book. These errors have been corrected as of May 10, 2021.

Page 7: The item described as a large map board in the photo has identified as a large floorboard. Units carried large sheets of plywood or pallets to lay on the ground inside their command posts. My misunderstanding was due to when I was in the 3d ACR stationed at Fort Bliss we did not use floorboards but used large sheets of plywood for backing of our maps. Although, we did carry them inside the M577 as opposed to strapping them to the outside.

Page 59: The photo shows two M88s and an M577. The M88s were mistakenly identified as belonging to F and G Troops by the photograph owner. However, cavalry troops do not have M88s. So, the M88s most likely belonged to H Company and the squadron maintenance section.

Page 78: The description of the Chaparral/Vulcan air defense battery/battalion is wrong. A Chaparral/Vulcan battalion includes two Chaparral surface-to-air missile batteries and two Vulcan gun batteries. Each Chaparral or Vulcan battery includes three weapons platoons of four weapon systems each.

Page 83: Unfortunately, numerous errors were discovered:

32d Army Air Defense Command

Change – Headquarters & Headquarters Battery’s location to Kaiserslautern

Add – 11th Signal Battalion at Darmstadt

69th Air Defense Artillery Group

Change – 4th Battalion, 57th Air Defense Artillery (Hawk) to

2d Battalion, 57th Air Defense Artillery (Hawk)

Change – 6th Battalion, 60th Air Defense Artillery (Hawk) to

3d Battalion, 60th Air Defense Artillery (Hawk)

Delete – 6th Battalion, 61st Air Defense Artillery (Hawk)

Delete – 6th Battalion, 62d Air Defense Artillery (Hawk)

94th Air Defense Artillery Group

Delete – 3d Battalion, 59th Air Defense Artillery (Hawk)

Delete – 2d Battalion, 60th Air Defense Artillery (Chaparral/Vulcan)

Delete – 2d Battalion, 62d Air Defense Artillery (Nike Hercules)

Add – 5th Battalion, 6th Air Defense Artillery (Nike Hercules) at Hanau

Add – 2d Battalion, 56th Air Defense Artillery (Nike Hercules) at Grafenwohr

Add – 3d Battalion, 71st Air Defense Artillery (Nike Hercules) at Spangdahlem

108th Air Defense Artillery Group

Delete – 2d Battalion, 62d Air Defense Artillery (Hawk)

Page 89: Footnote 2 indicates the modified table of organization for 1st Battalion, 509th Infantry Regiment (Airborne) as having four parachute infantry companies. It should be three.

My sincerest apologies.
Mark Breed