Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: The Fermi Paradox  (Read 5268 times)

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #15 on: August 18, 2022, 04:35:51 AM
Man, I really lost track of this one.  Devs put out a big roadmap update last month: 

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1543150/view/3356887133397662334

According to the dev diary, they've released 6 major updates to the game so far, with at least another 9 planned.  What they have in the pipeline looks pretty darn cool; I'm genuinely interested to see it all come together.  Also, the game is to stay in Early Access until at least next spring. 

In addition, the devs had this bit to say: 

Also, there are some things that are out of our scope for a small indie team or don't fit with the vision that we have for our game:

Multiplayer ( cooperative or competitive )
Very detailed customization of characters
Classic strategy game elements like moveable units or base building.
Detailed grand strategy elements with the micromanagement of a lot of resources / values.

Good to see they're working to manage expectations.  I'm sure a certain percentage of players were expecting/hoping The Fermi Paradox might be a more classic 4x/grand-strategy sci-fi experience, or that at least it could be played as one.  Anomaly Games are clearly aiming for something a bit different, however, and I applaud them for it. 

That being said, I wonder if this thread shouldn't actually be moved to the Fantasy & Futuristic Warfare section.  It probably belongs there better than here in the 4x forums. 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike