Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Battle Honours 3D Presents The American Civil War in both 28mm & 40mm scale  (Read 208 times)

Battle Honours 3D

• Fresh Recruit
Hey, I’m Michael from Battle Honours 3D, (www.battlehonours3d.com), & I’m posting here today to and bring attention to the Kickstarter, Battle Honours 3D Presents The American Civil War in both 28mm & 40mm scale.
The project features high-quality, realistic miniatures in 28mm & 40mm scale for the American Civil War, representing both the Confederates and Union sides. Battle Honours 3D’s 8k high-quality realistic Confederates and Union soldiers are crafted with stunning detail, bringing the intensity of the American Civil War right to your tabletop.
Each miniature is designed to capture the essence of the era. From the buckles on the uniforms to the expressions of the soldiers, every aspect is meticulously created to offer an unparalleled war gaming experience.
Why am I posting here? This is your chance to make a difference. We need your support to cross the finish line. Remember, we will only be funded if we reach our goal by April 14, 2024. We’re already at 20% of our goal and on our way to unlocking some of our stretch goals that include Artillery Officers, Mounted Colonels, Dismounted Cavalry, & Zouaves. With the ultimate goal of some of the prettiest limbers available on the market.
Back this project today and be the first to command these well-crafted miniatures. Whether you’re a history buff, a war gaming enthusiast, or a collector of fine miniatures, this is the campaign you’ve been waiting for!
Here are few of our reviews based upon our previous customers.
“Superb quality, decent price, well packaged - highly recommended. I have 6mm windows with individual frames thanks to the quality of the resin printout!”
“Very detailed model which you wouldn’t think was 3D printed; it’s so good.” 
“Love this item! Very clean model, no cleaning required.” 
If you’d like to check it out, visit here:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/battlehonours3d/the-american-civil-war-in-28mm-and-40mm-scale
If you miss this opportunity, the whole range of ACW will be launched on our website following the Kickstarter.
Thanks for reading.
Michael

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
sounds pretty cool!

ACW isn't really my thing, but there's some folks here who might enjoy checking it out

8k high-quality realistic Confederates and Union soldier

Just curious - what makes something "8k" vs "4k" or "3.14159k"

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

Battle Honours 3D

• Fresh Recruit
Thanks!

The screen that is used when printing in resin determines the quality of the prints. 8K is higher than 4k, and more than the other value.

"Regarding 3D resin printers, 4K and 8K are used to gauge the resolution of the Liquid Crystal Display (LCD screen). The higher the LCD screen resolution, the more details the printed models will deliver. For more density and details, an 8K 3D resin printer will be better than 4K but will require more printing time and will cost more."

(https://reolink.com/blog/4k-vs-8k/#:~:text=Regarding%203D%20resin%20printers%2C%204K%20and%208K%20are,require%20more%20printing%20time%20and%20will%20cost%20more.)

Essentially we print our figures at 0.05 mm per level and in 8k there is twice and as much density for the details compared between the 8k & 4K

Michael

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio

I knew there was a difference in 4k/8k for displays but had never heard it applied to printers before.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love