Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Ha - hadn't heard of this one  (Read 5109 times)

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #15 on: June 25, 2020, 11:57:43 AM
Unfortunately, there have been too many WW2 tac games that have promised expansion and have not delivered. CoH and BoB being two such game systems.

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

mirth

• Cardboard Mohel
  • Lance Sergeant
    • Armchair Dragoons
Reply #16 on: June 25, 2020, 12:01:14 PM
I'm rarely interested in WW2 Tac board games. I generally play minis at that level. No lack of systems or armies for that.

Being able to Google shit better than your clients is a legit career skill.

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #17 on: June 25, 2020, 12:10:30 PM
Yes, you are correct about that.

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

thecommandtent

• Patreon Supporters
  • Corporal
Reply #18 on: June 25, 2020, 08:18:58 PM
I have this and it plays just fine solo. There are a couple of scenarios with hidden units but there are ways around that.
The action - reaction mechanic is a new take on squad level games and there is more Command and Control built in to how the units behave.

Good fun.

Thanks. I was curious how that reaction mechanic would work solo but I guess its just make the be decisions possible for both sides still.

judgedredd

Reply #19 on: June 26, 2020, 12:45:51 AM
I'm pretty handy at making a 2 player game work solo...for the most part.

Hidden units, pre-planned arty strikes and minefields are always a bit of a pain...but I'm fairly reasonable at playing both sides.