Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Wasteland 2  (Read 2596 times)

judgedredd

on: July 02, 2020, 01:48:15 PM
I decided to go back to Wasteland 2 now that Desperado is out - which looked neat - but I wanted to see why I couldn't get into Wasteland 2

The reason? It's f***ing hard as nails! I'm playing on the easiest settings, and I've got to the Ag Centre - same place I had in my previous game - and I'm getting slaughtered. I'm out of ammo. I'm a man down.

How the hell does anyone play this game and get anywhere? I'm convinced they've screwed the difficulty settings around and I'm actually playing on the hardest level!

Anyone played this and got any hints?

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #1 on: July 08, 2020, 02:29:36 PM
You played 2 and not 1, correct? I can't recall how similar 2 is to 1, location-wise. Because the Ag Center is a giant thorn in 1, for sure.

2 is a PITA; I never got deeply into it.

I think you might want to check out YouTube to get some pointers on party creation. For example, in 1, a lot of folks say melee combat is overpowered and will do you a great deal of good in that game. In 2, again, I can't recall, but there has to be tutorials out there to help you build a decent party. That's most of the battle, there, having a good mix of skills.

Often in 1, I'd get a good ways through the game and then get stuck because I don't have the right skill. I wouldn't put it past 2 to pull this, too.

============================================

Solosaurus Podcast: https://solosaurus.libsyn.com/
(includes Solosaurus Plays)

judgedredd

Reply #2 on: July 08, 2020, 02:37:29 PM
I never played 1 - only 2.

Pretty sure that's it...skills and crew selection. I think I underestimated melee which is a big mistake given a) how shit they are at shooting and b) how quickly you run out of ammo. If you have no melee and the weapons are out of ammo or you're just crap at shooting, you're whole crew is screwed.

However, I saw a video where a guy had 7 characters. I only had 4 and I was playing on the easiest setting.