Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Something completely different  (Read 2718 times)

besilarius

• Corporal
on: July 16, 2020, 01:14:53 PM
https://www.awargamersneedfulthings.co.uk/2020/02/tornio-44-by-miku-games.html?m=1

Tornio '44 is a wargame on a very unique fight.
When Finland made peace with Russia, the treaty included a caveat that German troops in Lapland be forced out.  The game covers this.
These Germans had created secret supply dumps.  To combat the polar cold, these included huge stockpiles of alcohol.
When the Finn's overran them, the troops had a great party.
This is the only game I have ever found that includes "Intoxicated" markers.  After a turn, these will flip over to "Hangover" markers.
Combat effectiveness is appropriately reduced.
The game is imported by Jack Greene's Quarterdeck International.

"These things must be done delicately-- or you hurt the spell."  - The Wicked Witch of the West.
"We've got the torpedo damage temporarily shored up, the fires out and soon will have the ship back on an even keel. But I would suggest, sir, that if you have to take any more torpedoes, you take 'em on the starboard side."   Pops Healy, DCA USS Lexington.

Steelie

• Corporal
Reply #1 on: July 16, 2020, 02:21:20 PM
We Dragoons should have reversible T-shirts with "Intoxicated" on one side, "Hangover" on the other   ;D ;D ;D :bigthumb:

Somewhere, somehow, I woke up in the wrong timeline. I'm pretty sure this isn't even my dimension.

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #2 on: July 16, 2020, 02:29:31 PM
as cool as that is, it's tough to want to have anything to do with something being promoted by Wodin's site....

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

judgedredd

Reply #3 on: July 16, 2020, 02:54:48 PM
That does look interesting I have to say. I've never done any wargaming - computer or otherwise - around that region.

I didn't realise it was his site at first.

He asked me to do some model kit reviews for his site. I said yes reluctantly because as I explained, I didn't do it "full steam ahead"...I had my own time table. He kept badgering me - he might have seen it as reminding me, but I took it as putting pressure on me which was something I wanted to avoid and then kind of blew up and told him I wasn't doing it.

Looking at the model section, it seems my "schedule" might have been perfectly fine.

Ah well - good on him. Anyone who does something for the community deserves some praise.  :bigthumb: