Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Flying Pig announces OST Vol 3, in the Pacific  (Read 11773 times)

judgedredd

Reply #15 on: June 18, 2020, 05:29:42 PM
Whilst I don't mind the font - I do see them as non standard and may play tricks with people's eyes. Also white text without a border is not a great idea.

I might still get them though. I'm selling my old computer kit on eBay - so I might have some funds soon to splurge.

Problem is - those maps. I'm all for big, mounted maps - but my "foldable" map board will not support that size of map. I have a small issue (by a couple of inches) with the map that comes with Combat! which is only 22" x 34"...the maps for the these games are 30" x 41"

I'm still on the prowl it seems.

judgedredd

Reply #16 on: June 19, 2020, 06:25:39 AM
Here's a question - why do they make the boards so big? It makes sense to have lots of little boards ala LnL. There's a similar thing in Combat!, Battle Hymn:Gettysburg and Silver Bayonet - all big maps but you play on a fraction of them for a large portion of the scenarios.

Also - just a question to you hard core board gamers out there - when you are playing on a portion of the map, how do you frame off the rest of it?

Barthheart

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
  • Retired curmudgeon
Reply #17 on: June 19, 2020, 07:01:57 AM
Why not make big boards!  :D They look impressive and these really are very nice looking maps. Have you seen the Stalingrad map?

For framing, the do give you four counters to mark the corners of the playing area. I use those. I've seen some use the charts to line the  edges of the play area. But I like seeing the entire map even if I'm not using it.

PETS - People for the Ethical Treatment of Square corners

judgedredd

Reply #18 on: June 19, 2020, 09:24:10 AM
Why not make big boards!  :D They look impressive and these really are very nice looking maps. Have you seen the Stalingrad map?

For framing, the do give you four counters to mark the corners of the playing area. I use those. I've seen some use the charts to line the  edges of the play area. But I like seeing the entire map even if I'm not using it.
Oh aye - they are beautiful. I want the Stalingrad 44 game and the Normandy 44 game...but I can't get 'em because the maps are too big  :'(

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #19 on: June 19, 2020, 09:30:18 AM
Clearly you need to get the missus to let you build a game shed out in the garden

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

judgedredd

Reply #20 on: June 19, 2020, 11:08:45 AM
Well - I pretty much got an extension built on the house and stole it as my PC room, TV room, modelling room. No space for a game board  :'(

mirth

• Cardboard Mohel
  • Lance Sergeant
    • Armchair Dragoons
Reply #21 on: June 19, 2020, 11:12:36 AM
my PC room, TV room, modelling room.

This is hardship.

Being able to Google shit better than your clients is a legit career skill.

judgedredd

Reply #22 on: June 19, 2020, 02:53:28 PM
I think the hardship is I didn't make it big enough to have a boardgaming section 😝

mirth

• Cardboard Mohel
  • Lance Sergeant
    • Armchair Dragoons
Reply #23 on: June 19, 2020, 02:59:54 PM
I think the hardship is I didn't make it big enough to have a boardgaming section 😝

Not hardship, that's just poor planning.

Being able to Google shit better than your clients is a legit career skill.

judgedredd

Reply #24 on: June 26, 2020, 05:13:41 AM
mmm. Measured the dining room table and there's enough space for the board.

I've been watching videos and that's normally an indicator that I'm on the verge of buying. It's now a slippery slope that I'm not really in any control on.

Just waiting to see if I can find stock of Vol II. If not, then Vol III is getting it!

judgedredd

Reply #25 on: June 30, 2020, 11:11:09 AM
You guys weren't kidding about non-standard game boxes

Old School Tactical and Hell Bent

Playbook

Rulebook

Player Aid Cards

Counters

Luck Cards

Dice

Part of a giant map

Hell Bent Scenarios