Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Shadow Empire - what say you?  (Read 42451 times)

Steelie

• Corporal
Reply #45 on: May 07, 2020, 08:42:53 PM
I missed the start date, Martok, so that's exciting news. Matrix/Slitherine has been pretty quick to slap Steam keys on their products after release so hopefully that won't take long. Either way, it's a must buy for me.

Somewhere, somehow, I woke up in the wrong timeline. I'm pretty sure this isn't even my dimension.

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #46 on: October 17, 2020, 01:01:27 AM
[casts Minor Thread Resurrection]

For those who've been waiting, Shadow Empire will be available on Steam December 3rd! 

https://twitter.com/Matrix_Wargames/status/1316801352274767872

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #47 on: October 17, 2020, 06:03:34 AM
Its certainly on my 'follow' list.

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #48 on: October 17, 2020, 09:23:40 AM
Good news! I bought it a while back but didn't really want to play it until release.

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #49 on: October 17, 2020, 12:05:08 PM
We're relying on you to tell us if its any good or not.

......after all,  its not as if you have a lot of other stuff to do....... :whistle:

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

Barthheart

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
  • Retired curmudgeon
Reply #50 on: October 17, 2020, 02:06:42 PM
Bought it with my anniversary coupon a while back but haven't really tried it out....  :Loser:

PETS - People for the Ethical Treatment of Square corners

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #51 on: October 17, 2020, 02:32:52 PM
Good news! I bought it a while back but didn't really want to play it until release.

Bought it with my anniversary coupon a while back but haven't really tried it out....  :Loser:

Aside from playing around with it a little, I've largely been holding out for the Steam version as well -- partially because Steam & GOG have made me lazy in getting used to automatic updates, and partially because the game will (be more patched up & polished by that point. 

I understand Vic has been working on giving the logistics system a(n) apparently much-needed revamp.  Hopefully he gets the kinks worked out, and that it's ready to roll by the beginning of December; fingers crossed! 

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #52 on: October 17, 2020, 03:28:06 PM
I hope he changes the logistics system. I was reading about some of the problems people were having with it. Didn't sound like much fun to me.

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #53 on: November 16, 2020, 08:01:42 AM
So apparently Vic (the dev) got distracted from working on the logistics system, and has added air forces instead: 

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4824133&mpage=18&#4910486

That's...neat, I guess?  Sounds like that's what everyone in the forums has been pestering him to add, so I suppose I can't really blame him.  Still, I'm reluctant to dive into what is an obviously deep & detailed game until the logistics model is improved.  Here's hoping that's now the next major thing on his to-do list... 

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #54 on: November 16, 2020, 08:19:27 AM
I still haven't tried it. Seems like it's still in early Alpha to me.

-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #55 on: November 16, 2020, 09:17:23 PM
Seems like it's still in early Alpha to me.

I don't know if I'd go *that* far.  However, it probably should have cooked in the oven for a bit longer, yes. 

At the very least, I think holding off on a general release until Dec. 3rd (assuming that date holds) wouldn't have been a terrible idea.  But in that scenario, Matrix wouldn't have had a large group of paid beta-testers to better refine the game, which is what I suspect they were aiming for. 

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #56 on: November 17, 2020, 03:21:20 AM
Amongst other things the logistics broke the aar i was doing - it is the must fix thing at the mo but I get the impression that it’s such a huge mystical thing it might go the way of the war in the pacific logistics system which would be mainly live with it and learn its broken nuances

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #57 on: November 17, 2020, 06:35:20 AM
Ugh, that would suck.  There's so much to like in this game;  I don't want it marred (ruined?) by a bad/wonky logistics system.  :(  Even if Vic were to implement a simplified model, that would still be a better alternative than what there is now. 

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #58 on: November 17, 2020, 07:58:12 AM
What was wrong with the system he used in Advanced Tactics? It seemed to work okay.

-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #59 on: December 03, 2020, 06:09:01 PM
Shadow Empire is officially available on Steam today!  It's dropping alongside a new update that introduces air units and new alien creatures for you to kill interact with. 

Despite its logistics issues, I'm still seriously tempted to finally fire this up.