Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: TW: Warhammer Questions  (Read 20605 times)

Bison

• Corporal
Reply #15 on: April 13, 2021, 11:05:14 AM
Look at it this way, Bison. Getting the game could well be seen as therapy to aid in your recovery and in the retention of your sanity. :whistle:

I dig the logic. Medical necessity!

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #16 on: April 13, 2021, 11:08:33 AM
Absolutely right., no question about that  ;D

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

Bison

• Corporal
Reply #17 on: April 13, 2021, 11:13:50 AM
I wonder if you could perhaps write me a prescription? It'd go a long way to reducing the wife imposed you go sleep couch time.

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #18 on: April 13, 2021, 11:33:18 AM
Just scribble something unintelligible on a bit of official looking paper. Works every time at my pharmacy. ;)

Gusington

• Lancer
Reply #19 on: April 13, 2021, 12:02:27 PM
I know I've used this line with you fellers before but it is still true: I have been playing as a dwarf forever. But have never played as a dwarf in the TW: Warhammer games.

TW: Warhammer 3 looks the most intriguing to me because of the Cathay and Kislev factions...are there any books dedicated to them? As far as I know they have always been on the periphery and don't have dedicated titles.

Always do what you feel is best.

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #20 on: April 13, 2021, 12:14:23 PM
You just have to love those dwarves with their big red beards and huge weapons. Some of the men are just as fierce looking as well.

Bison

• Corporal
Reply #21 on: April 13, 2021, 02:54:03 PM
Just scribble something unintelligible on a bit of official looking paper. Works every time at my pharmacy. ;)

I forged your name on a used napkin. Well it was mostly clean and the crayon only tore it a bit but never the less a piece of paper...and multi-layered paper at that! Now if that is not classy I don't know what is.

Prescription was for one (1) copy of Warhammer II to be administered immediately to the patient named Bison.

I am a weak man given to the occasional impulse purchase. Anyway I went the WH2 route for two reasons primarily. 1.) The base game factions I am most interested in playing in order are the Lizardmen, Vampires, and Skaven. Point WH2. 2.) The DLC I find most interesting are the Norsca, Tomb Kings, and the Vampire Coast. Point WH2.

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #22 on: April 13, 2021, 03:08:02 PM
 :bigthumb:

Gusington

• Lancer
Reply #23 on: April 13, 2021, 04:06:34 PM
Post impressions of your Vampire Coast game!

Bison

• Corporal
Reply #24 on: April 13, 2021, 05:51:47 PM

I have not purchased any DLC. I am going to hold out for a sale. But I did watch a YouTube video and it looks awesome.

Bison

• Corporal
Reply #25 on: April 13, 2021, 06:26:11 PM
Honestly I think I “purchased” the free DLC but I have no idea if it loaded or not. I also have to make TW site account to get the free DLC from there too.

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #26 on: April 13, 2021, 07:02:41 PM
There are some dlcs that are free - if you go into steam and the games page you’ll see all the dlc - tick to activate - some dlc unlocks as opposed to installing - I made 2 major dlc purchases recently and nothing loaded - I just ticked to unlock it

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #27 on: April 13, 2021, 07:51:11 PM
Enjoy, Bison!  You can look forward to many hours of fun, even if Skaven suck.  ;) 

Sigh; another group I've barely touched.  I'll get around to them eventually, I swear...! 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

Gusington

• Lancer
Reply #28 on: April 13, 2021, 10:12:53 PM
^I was close to purchasing it when it was new but the price was really high...~18.99 or something.

Bison

• Corporal
Reply #29 on: April 14, 2021, 12:01:53 AM
Well I am 4 hours into the first campaign. I went with the game's recommendation and am playing the high elves.

Initial impressions...its fun! Probably one of the best tutorial and learn to play advisors systems in the TW games I have played. Definitely a major departure from RTW2 which is the TW game I had been playing over the past couple of days. (Still need to finish my Iberian campaign!)

The biggest highlight was a pyrrhic victory against a wizard (who I think was from the vampiric coast faction) and his army. He just about took out my entire army single handedly. No question he would have won if I had not just recruited several Lorthern Sea Guard units into my army. They held the line and eventually took him out. Seriously, I wish I had the magic that dude was casting. He made my phoenix look weak. Anyway, I am at war with I think 5 other factions. This due in large measure to my honoring the defensive pacts I have with other high elf empires. The strategic situation is tenuous. Magical Sea Pirate Vampires (?) to the west, Dark Elves to the north, Greenskins to the east, and no where to go in the south until I develop a navy.

The one gripe I do have about the game is there is just too much detail (I know heresy) on the campaign map. It just looks, well, ugly. (Too be fair it could be my monitor) I think I have messed with the graphic settings enough to make it look decent. Pretty sure I can do a little more. However, they could have abstracted the terrain a little more and made it a little more pleasant to the eye from my point of view.