Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Weekend Gaming!!!  (Read 225913 times)

Gusington

• Lancer
Reply #1095 on: May 04, 2022, 09:16:03 AM
^Gunner-Heat-PC looks deelish.

Always do what you feel is best.

Doctor Quest

• Corporal
  • I'm not a real doctor.
Reply #1096 on: May 04, 2022, 10:49:33 AM
Somebody needs to compete with Steel Beasts. I don't need a military grade (and priced) tank sim.

GHPC runs great on my Dell G5.

"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Something so addictive about the whole kill and loot dynamic, though." - Gusington

Huw the Poo

• Jr Lancer
  • Hullo!
Reply #1097 on: May 07, 2022, 06:43:00 PM
As always, this weekend I've been playing Microsoft Flight Simulator and Sea of Thieves.

In addition I picked up Deadside which had been on my wishlist for a while. It's an open world PvPvE game, still in early access but as it feels like a live service game (although isn't really) I didn't mind as long as it's playable, which it is. You spawn in with pretty much nothing - literally your only weapon is a knife - and you just have at it. Missions spawn randomly and there are plenty of towns filled with NPCs. I spent my first minutes sneaking around a village trying to get the drop on someone, which I did, and managed to get a sidearm and a rifle with hunting scope. The world is now my oyster!

Bison

• Corporal
Reply #1098 on: May 07, 2022, 07:27:36 PM
Playing some Warhammer 40 K-themed game of dice rolling, tape measure fighting, and making rules up on the fly.

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #1099 on: May 07, 2022, 08:10:50 PM
DW2 still - nothing breaking yet

A long time ago I used to watch a guy called arumba play eu4 and he’s back now playing DW 2 - he was a tester and knows a lot of nuances so I’ll watch a few of his vids whilst painting - only 15 figures left before I’ve finished with my patient client

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #1100 on: May 08, 2022, 05:04:43 AM
Continuing my Stellaris campaign.  Somehow, I  managed to take out the Great Khan whilst simultaneously conquering the Fallen Empire who'd declared war on my defensive ally.  I've annexed six empires, have just finished constructing my Science Nexus, and have begun construction of the Mega-Art Installation so I can farm that sweet, sweet Unity.  Suddenly no one wants to mess with me for some reason...  >:D 

I've also been playing a little old Lords of the Realm II as a palate-cleanser.  It really is a light, fun medieval-strategy game.  A pity the third entry did so poorly; would love to see a proper sequel. 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #1101 on: May 27, 2022, 02:10:03 PM
I'm working this Memorial Day weekend (per usual), but planning to spend whatever downtime I can get with Old World.  Should I feel the need to take a break from that, I'll probably be playing Interstellar Space: Genesis with the (also just-released) Evolving Empires expansion. 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

Huw the Poo

• Jr Lancer
  • Hullo!
Reply #1102 on: May 27, 2022, 02:42:14 PM
Microsoft Flight Simulator and Sea of Thieves as always. Hopefully I'll get more time with Songs of Conquest too.

Not sure what to play on top of that. I'm quite tempted by V Rising while it's flavour of the month, but it's also early access, so...

judgedredd

Reply #1103 on: May 27, 2022, 04:16:33 PM
F1 2021 with ma new F1 wheel

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #1104 on: May 27, 2022, 05:44:26 PM
I’m holding off on DW2 until the patch is official

There will be more shadow empire PBEM with Huw - gradually ploughing through the AI before we meet in the middle of the map

Stellaris - I must start a war to expand so there’ll be figuring out how to start a war - and if I win I’ll inherit a planet occupied by machines compared to my cats - it’ll end in tears

And it’s great big annual bonus month so I guess I’ll jump on the old World bus

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #1105 on: May 27, 2022, 05:51:49 PM
Still prepping for Origins so that means more Bayonets and Tomahawks plus Assault Red Horizon 41.

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #1106 on: May 27, 2022, 05:57:25 PM
 :bigthumb:

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

Huw the Poo

• Jr Lancer
  • Hullo!
Reply #1107 on: June 04, 2022, 07:04:46 PM
As always, Microsoft Flight Simulator and Sea of Thieves.

Recently Wife started playing The Outer Wilds. After watching her play for a few minutes I said "you know what's like this but about a million times better? No Man's Sky". She duly gave it a try and became insanely addicted. So that spurred me onto playing it again and now I'm equally addicted. It's a truly remarkable game...breathtaking in scope and incredibly well engineered. There's enough stuff to do for even the most hardcore of players, and it's designed purely to make you happy. It's an astonishing feat of being a challenging game made absurdly easy to play. You can almost feel it fellating you as you tick off goal after goal.

Anyway. A bit more Songs of Conquest and continuing to evaluate the latest build of Distant Worlds 2.

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #1108 on: June 04, 2022, 08:02:15 PM
well, I just won my Civ 6 solo game as Catherine the Black Queen, so I might fire up another one while I'm work and try a different leader I've never played before and see how it goes

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

Double Deuce

• Jr. Trooper
    • Combat Campaigns
Reply #1109 on: June 04, 2022, 08:36:55 PM
D&D tonight. Watching the lone human get a beatdown while the rest of the party hides out in a side room of the warehouse.   :groovy: