Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Post your screenshots! Share your game stories!  (Read 55385 times)

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #45 on: February 16, 2021, 07:45:06 AM
Claret and blue would be better, some would say. I have to stick to black-and-white if I value the integrity of all me dangly bits. :biggrin:

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #46 on: February 16, 2021, 08:57:15 AM
 ;D ;D

Sir Slash

• Lance Sergeant
  • Head of the Honorable Order of Knights Hotwings
Reply #47 on: February 16, 2021, 12:36:58 PM
VERY nice, UCG.  :applause:

Any Day is a Good Day That Doesn't Involve Too Much Work or Too Little Gaming

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #48 on: February 16, 2021, 04:28:04 PM
Back in the game!!

I feel instantly familiar with the Empire although i never played them on the table top - this is the first battle triggered by a mission on starting the campaign - i took 601 men and lost 109 after destroying the heinous Empire cessationists

Fantastic!  :bigthumb: 

I'm not sure why, but I absolutely love the Empire in Warhammer TW/WH2.  There's something about them that just resonates with me.  Not even the Dwarfs (who I enjoy both thematically and their play-style) get as much love from me. 

One quick tip regarding the Empire:  I've found it's wise to always keep at least 1000 Prestige in reserve, as otherwise you may be forced to make a choice you don't want to when a Dilemma pops up.  (Stupid secessions and civil wars; grr...) 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #49 on: February 16, 2021, 04:36:26 PM
As for me, I find myself in a fairly unusual starting position in my current game of Stellaris

In short, the first three star nations I've encountered are all Fallen Empires: the Ancient Caretakers (robots) to the east, Enigmatic Observers (Fanatic Xenophiles) to the west, and Keepers of Knowledge (Fanatic Materialists) to the south.  I kinda feel like a kid learning to ride a bike, with all the adults hovering nearby, ready to grab me if I wobble...  ;D 

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #50 on: February 16, 2021, 05:04:45 PM
What's with that tan-ish looking blob on the map? It looks like that thing that was on Spock's back in Operation -- Annihilate!  ???

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

Barthheart

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
  • Retired curmudgeon
Reply #51 on: February 16, 2021, 06:44:36 PM
It’s the space he has explored.

PETS - People for the Ethical Treatment of Square corners

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #52 on: February 16, 2021, 09:02:43 PM
^  Correct.  People just tend not to notice it as much normally, as the map is busier with names, icons, etc. (which I temporarily removed for simplicity's sake). 

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #53 on: March 01, 2021, 02:48:00 PM
After a very easy fight which I auto'ed the first quest mission was triggered - Middenheim is sending reinforcements to the cessationists and I have a chance to ambush the ne'er do wells whilst theyre marching - we wait quietly in the woods

whilst the missile troops start pinging the baddies from the rear

The first column is destroyed easily, the reinforcements sent next dont get far past the pistol toting militia - the prize - a Grey battle wizard who has a spell thatll take your breath away

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #54 on: March 01, 2021, 07:01:39 PM
Nice screeshots!  :bigthumb: 

I love that quest battle.  Being able to go all Teutoburg Forest on their asses is highly satisfying. 

Sir Slash

• Lance Sergeant
  • Head of the Honorable Order of Knights Hotwings
Reply #55 on: March 01, 2021, 10:49:44 PM
NICE UCG! Ne'er-Do-Wells deserve to get whacked from the woods.  :bigthumb:

Any Day is a Good Day That Doesn't Involve Too Much Work or Too Little Gaming

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #56 on: March 02, 2021, 07:46:50 AM
Nice screeshots!  :bigthumb: 

I love that quest battle.  Being able to go all Teutoburg Forest on their asses is highly satisfying.

Onto the cash cow that is Marienburg next

The last time I played the empire was on day 1 release - I have no idea what all this prestige and authority is about!!

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #57 on: March 02, 2021, 06:13:09 PM
Onto the cash cow that is Marienburg next

Recruit Gotrek & Felix if you can!  They often offer their services to the Empire first, in which case they'll typically show up in the first 10 turns. 

The last time I played the empire was on day 1 release - I have no idea what all this prestige and authority is about!!

Imperial authority needs to stay above 0 in order to avoid negative effects; having it at 1 or higher bestows positive effects.  You also suffer a -3 penalty to Authority every time you confederate an Empire province, so actually keeping your authority at 4 or higher is ideal. 

Prestige is used for a variety of things, including "spending" some to recruit better-quality Lords, or being able to increase your Authority when certain dilemmas pop up.  Prestige can also be used to avert a lot of the more negative outcomes from other types of dilemmas (including civil war between you and an Empire province, or war between other Empire provinces), so it's a good idea to keep at least 1000 Prestige "in the bank" for emergencies. 

« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 06:15:39 PM by Martok »

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #58 on: March 02, 2021, 09:34:44 PM
Can I adjust authority manually or is it earned?

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #59 on: March 02, 2021, 11:16:26 PM
It is earned, although you can gain a fair chunk via dilemmas as well.  Prestige works in a similar fashion.