Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Post your screenshots! Share your game stories!  (Read 54939 times)

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #60 on: March 02, 2021, 11:20:11 PM
Thanks martok - I’ve only had a few decisions to make so far - the majority been XXX demands this province and your popularity rises and falls with the gainer/loser

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #61 on: March 03, 2021, 12:52:04 PM
You're welcome, ucg:)  Yeah, a fair number of dilemmas are essentially a way to boost fealty with Empire provinces more quickly (although it will still rise gradually over time as well). 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #62 on: March 06, 2021, 12:40:48 AM
From my current Stellaris campaign.  I was fighting my second (defensive) war against the XT-489 Eliminators, a powerful machine empire bent on destroying all organic life in the galaxy (starting with me, apparently).  The "Battle of the Belt", taking place in the Tropallum system, proved to be the turning point in the war. 

I freely admit I was only able to win this one thanks to the combined might of myself, the Varelviv Union, who are a protectorate under my overlord-ship, and the Blorg Commonality, my vassal.  Having their fleets fighting alongside mine made for a nice "Gondor calls for aid" moment. 

This was before the mid-point of the game, so everyone's fleets still consisted of corvettes & destroyers (hence the general scrum).  The XT-489 ships' contrails are red, mine are green, the Veralviv's are blue, and the Blorg's are purple. 

Near the heart of the battle, where the fighting was most intense. 

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #63 on: March 06, 2021, 08:01:37 AM
That's a lot of pew-pew

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

thecommandtent

• Patreon Supporters
  • Corporal
Reply #64 on: March 06, 2021, 02:26:20 PM
Quite the epic fight

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #65 on: March 06, 2021, 04:40:37 PM
Yeah, it was a fairly big battle, at least by near mid-game standards (y2293).  The XT-489 fleet consisted of nearly 200 ships, and the combined allied fleet had around 250. 

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #66 on: March 06, 2021, 11:26:21 PM

Looks like a Daft Punk concert  ;D

============================================

Solosaurus Podcast: https://solosaurus.libsyn.com/
(includes Solosaurus Plays)

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #67 on: March 07, 2021, 02:59:00 AM
Hard disagree.  Not enough lasers. 

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #68 on: March 07, 2021, 07:52:46 AM
What was the ship count at the end of that Martok

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #69 on: March 07, 2021, 08:02:06 AM
Looks like a Daft Punk concert  ;D

not anymore....   :(

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #70 on: March 07, 2021, 03:29:06 PM
What was the ship count at the end of that Martok

If memory serves, the enemy fleet was down to around 165 ships, and me & my clients/allies numbered ~225. 

Losses weren't actually that high for either side, but the XT-489's fleet was reduced enough that I was able to seize both the offensive and the momentum from them.  Since the Battle of the Belt, I've taken around 75% of their territory, including most of their colonies.  I'm not going to be able to completely eradicate them before war exhaustion forces an end to the current conflict, but they won't be a serious threat again. 

My third war with them -- when it inevitably breaks out -- will be their last.  8) 

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #71 on: March 09, 2021, 06:56:44 AM
Since the first release the devs have added an extra town to the start up province and moved one to a much harder place - this is the extra one, not a problem in itself........

......except its just around the corner from this one - the enemy lord here can reach Obersreik in one turn, sack it, steal all the gold and retreat behind these walls in the mountain again. His army plus the garrison in the mountain hold is too much for my forces to take so we need a cunning plan, as cunning as a fox who's just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University.

It took a while but i finally remembered the ambush stance - hide in the woods outside Ubersreik and wait for the Mountain Lord to come by, he avoided the ambush for 3 turns but on the fourth I caught him, slaughtered him and his personal army in the forest and then rode into the mountains and took his keep - a very satisfying 'pour a whiskey and smile slyly' moment

Just before the end of the turn we get a notation that Nuln and Wissenland may be ripe for revolt and civil war - have to keep an eye on them

Heres the last of the towns needed to secure the province - theres some good news and bad news here - as we attacked a solitary cessationist lord ran out of the back of the territory and disappeared - a victory here will not destroy the faction and in all likelihood hell return with an army to cause trouble later on - but on the positive side we took the place against the odds with some thanks to the wizards spell - something Pendulum, it produces a huge swinging axe and you can steer the direction of the swing - perfect for lines of infantry that have engaged my front line, it appears in the sky and hacks through everything in the direction youve lined it up, in one swing 147 enemy were destroyed as it chopped through 2 lines of swordsmen and a spearman unit who routed and took the majoirty of the army with them

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #72 on: March 09, 2021, 09:49:23 PM
Nice job!  Especially with taking care of the Mountain Lord.  He likes to raid/sack Ubersreik and/or Helmgart if left unmolested.  >:( 

Be ready for Wissenland to openly revolt and declare war; it seems to be inevitable most of the time.  Subsequently, maxing out Grunburg's defenses & garrison is usually a top priority for me, as is recruiting a second army to defend it.  (Of course, the second army can also be used to support Karl's force if you choose to invade Wissenland instead.) 

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #73 on: March 10, 2021, 04:41:57 AM
Going to have a bash at Marienburg first and then will look to wissenland if I can’t get them inline

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #74 on: March 10, 2021, 01:29:32 PM
Solid plan.  Especially since Louen often seems to get his hands on Marienburg first otherwise, which can make things...awkward.