Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Post your screenshots! Share your game stories!  (Read 53944 times)

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #120 on: June 19, 2021, 03:12:43 PM
A 1212 campaign definitely sounds like your bag.  :bigthumb: 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #121 on: June 26, 2021, 05:58:32 AM
I encountered the "Flock of Clouds" event-chain for the first time, which affects both me and my federation allies.  This is what my home system currently looks like as a result of the event-chain: 

Same scene, but with the UI removed. 

There's something about that shot that just blows me away.  I find the billowing clouds completely mesmerizing. 

I also like that this is a federation-wide event:  We'll need to work together to figure out what's going on (no spoilers please!). 

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #122 on: June 26, 2021, 06:15:30 AM
‘Fascinating’

??? :o

Hethwill

• Patreon Supporters
  • Jr Lancer
    • Hethwill Wargames Youtube
Reply #123 on: June 29, 2021, 04:45:38 AM
Operation Charnwood underway. The commonwealth forces virtually destroy the 12SS despite heavy losses.

Sir Slash

• Lance Sergeant
  • Head of the Honorable Order of Knights Hotwings
Reply #124 on: June 29, 2021, 12:21:17 PM
OUCH! That looks like a right-proper Dust-Up.  :bigthumb:

Any Day is a Good Day That Doesn't Involve Too Much Work or Too Little Gaming

trailrunner

• Corporal
Reply #125 on: June 29, 2021, 02:33:19 PM
I played the ASL scenario Zon With The Wind with the local game club this past weekend.  The scenario is set in September 1944 as part of Operation Market Garden.

I was the defending Germans.  I had two 88s, one of which is under the trench counter, and the other is two hexes above that, hidden in the woods.  My infantry is pretty weak, consisting a few second-line squads and a couple of LMGs.  The Americans enter from the top of the board, and have to exit enough units off the bottom of the board, but they can only exit in the three hexes behind and to the right of my rear-most 88.  The Americans had a bunch of strong, stout paratroopers, with a couple of bazookas (useful against buildings and against the 88s), and a MMG.  The Germans have a lot of buildings to help their defense, but that also can screen and protect the attacking Americans.

This turned out to be a very short game.  My wimpy LMG and 2nd line troops managed to break the initial probe.  But then my 88 hit a stack that my opponent brought on board.  He wasn't expecting me to shoot with my 88.  After I got the hit, I rolled snake eyes for the effect, killing a leader (the only one on that flank), another squad, and breaking everyone else in that stack. 

The next turn the Americans got some strong reinforcements, but my relatively weak attacks kept rolling low, shredding his troops.  Then the 88s opened up and more carnage ensued.  I think I rolled at least 3 more snake eyes, none of which cowered.  He managed to get close and trap one of my squads in an upper level of a building, but my squad fired back and eliminated that problem.  At the end of the second turn, he surveyed his shattered forces, realized that he had zero chance of winning, and conceded.

I’ve spent half my life’s earning on wargames, women, and drink. The rest I wasted.

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #126 on: June 29, 2021, 06:32:13 PM
^  Wow, impressive.  Better keep those dice around for time.  ;) 

Operation Charnwood underway. The commonwealth forces virtually destroy the 12SS despite heavy losses.

Nice!  Were you able to liberate Caen after that, then? 

judgedredd

Reply #127 on: June 30, 2021, 01:00:42 AM
I played the ASL scenario Zon With The Wind with the local game club this past weekend.  The scenario is set in September 1944 as part of Operation Market Garden.

I was the defending Germans.  I had two 88s, one of which is under the trench counter, and the other is two hexes above that, hidden in the woods.  My infantry is pretty weak, consisting a few second-line squads and a couple of LMGs.  The Americans enter from the top of the board, and have to exit enough units off the bottom of the board, but they can only exit in the three hexes behind and to the right of my rear-most 88.  The Americans had a bunch of strong, stout paratroopers, with a couple of bazookas (useful against buildings and against the 88s), and a MMG.  The Germans have a lot of buildings to help their defense, but that also can screen and protect the attacking Americans.

This turned out to be a very short game.  My wimpy LMG and 2nd line troops managed to break the initial probe.  But then my 88 hit a stack that my opponent brought on board.  He wasn't expecting me to shoot with my 88.  After I got the hit, I rolled snake eyes for the effect, killing a leader (the only one on that flank), another squad, and breaking everyone else in that stack. 

The next turn the Americans got some strong reinforcements, but my relatively weak attacks kept rolling low, shredding his troops.  Then the 88s opened up and more carnage ensued.  I think I rolled at least 3 more snake eyes, none of which cowered.  He managed to get close and trap one of my squads in an upper level of a building, but my squad fired back and eliminated that problem.  At the end of the second turn, he surveyed his shattered forces, realized that he had zero chance of winning, and conceded.

I just love reading other people's gaming stories.

thecommandtent

• Patreon Supporters
  • Corporal
Reply #128 on: June 30, 2021, 08:39:27 PM

I just love reading other people's gaming stories.

+1

Hethwill

• Patreon Supporters
  • Jr Lancer
    • Hethwill Wargames Youtube
Reply #129 on: July 01, 2021, 05:15:56 AM

Nice!  Were you able to liberate Caen after that, then?

Rests to be seen. Game still going, a turn every other day.

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #130 on: July 01, 2021, 10:37:08 PM
Oops

============================================

Solosaurus Podcast: https://solosaurus.libsyn.com/
(includes Solosaurus Plays)

judgedredd

Reply #131 on: July 02, 2021, 01:18:45 AM
Just like my wife, you never took length into account  :hehe:

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #132 on: July 02, 2021, 07:26:55 AM
Just like my wife, you never took length into account  :hehe:

"Tonight, on Double-Entendre Theatre..."

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #133 on: July 02, 2021, 01:37:10 PM
What's not pictured is the station wagon that I hit/hit me. The map had me turning right at that intersection you see in the background, then doing a u-turn, then going in the direction I'm pointing.

F that, I thought. I'd done it before where some construction routed traffic off the freeway to a cross-freeway to do a turn-around, and traffic was bad, so I said screw it and did a U-turn on the freeway, crossing the median. No traffic coming so, why not? Saved me a lot of time.

Here, though, I tried (and failed, obviously) to do a wide turn to the left. I kept looking out the window...no cars coming, no cars coming, no cars coming, OK let's do this, then turned and checked again as I started my turn and BAM, came out of nowhere.

Then I got stuck as I tried to power through it, dragging the white station wagon with me, then got stuck on the median. Figured I screwed it up royally so I exited, then got back on, and the car I hit was gone. Magic!

============================================

Solosaurus Podcast: https://solosaurus.libsyn.com/
(includes Solosaurus Plays)

Sir Slash

• Lance Sergeant
  • Head of the Honorable Order of Knights Hotwings
Reply #134 on: July 02, 2021, 04:11:53 PM
I was thinking it was something like that, just not BC.

Any Day is a Good Day That Doesn't Involve Too Much Work or Too Little Gaming