Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Post your screenshots! Share your game stories!  (Read 53853 times)

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #150 on: August 02, 2021, 08:39:04 PM
I discovered baby Kal-El's escape pod.  He never made it to Earth.  :( 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

W8taminute

• Jr Lancer
  • Put the glasses on
Reply #151 on: August 03, 2021, 03:00:59 PM
^Pretty cool.   :bigthumb:

Don't be afraid, don't be dismayed

Sir Slash

• Lance Sergeant
  • Head of the Honorable Order of Knights Hotwings
Reply #152 on: August 03, 2021, 11:00:59 PM
I can't top Superman but I did run into an old friend while playing Baldur's Gate 2 recently. Korgan Bloodaxe, an NPC and a right proper bastard but there's nobody better to have on your side in a brawl. He has 120 Hit Points and maximum Proficiency with axes. I give him the Two-Weapon Fighting Style, put an axe in each hand, and it's like a Buzz Saw and an Octopus had a baby together. But he's still a bastard. That's why I love him.  :hehe:

Any Day is a Good Day That Doesn't Involve Too Much Work or Too Little Gaming

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #153 on: August 04, 2021, 12:26:56 AM
^  He looks like fun. 

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #154 on: August 04, 2021, 08:35:37 AM
On turn 4 the Pope excommunicates Toulouse - France, busy in a war with England intends to take their lands - Aragon, with only 2 territories intends to beat France to it.........

We bring ladders and rams and head for the walls, we're outnumbered pretty much 2-1 but a lot of the enemy are crossbowmen - if i can get the cavalry into them we should score big morale hits

The garrison stays behind the walls, the actual Toulouse army defending the place arrive by sea!

and they head for the castle gates - the cavalry chase them all the way in and they leave the doors open - which i thought would be great news but apparently despite them been 84% damaged and open i'm not allowed across the threshold until theyre completely destroyed - i send some men back for the ram they dropped

The main aragon force hits the walls

After a couple of minutes its carnage - the spearmen hold the line against cavalry charges, and the melee infantry like Roman velites throw spears into the advancing swordsmen

The enemy are pushed to the top of the entrance ramp just as the gates are destroyed - the cavalry and King charge in and mop up the left overs - the castle falls  - Montpellier belongs to aragorn

Sir Slash

• Lance Sergeant
  • Head of the Honorable Order of Knights Hotwings
Reply #155 on: August 04, 2021, 10:24:17 AM
Hurray for Aragon!  :applause:

Any Day is a Good Day That Doesn't Involve Too Much Work or Too Little Gaming

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #156 on: August 04, 2021, 07:28:40 PM
Awesome screenshots, 'geek:2thumbs:  Looks like it was a pretty intense fight.  Congrats on the conquest of Toulouse! 

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #157 on: August 07, 2021, 06:01:26 AM
Of all the leviathans in Stellaris, the Infinity Machine is my favorite by far.  I mean, really:  How often do you meet an aeons-old sentient calculator who likes having a pleasant chat about the nature of the universe?  :D 

And on top of that: to be able to help the Infinity Machine solve the great equation it's been working on for so very long, to see its final ambition fulfilled at last...  It honestly gives me a lump in my throat every time, even though I've lost count of how often I've experienced this one over the years now.  Man, I love it. 

« Last Edit: August 07, 2021, 04:27:03 PM by Martok »

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #158 on: August 07, 2021, 06:10:52 AM
Can you go wrong with these interactions and incur fury from them?

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #159 on: August 07, 2021, 04:46:17 PM
Can you go wrong with these interactions and incur fury from them?

Not with the Infinity Machine, no -- it doesn't suddenly go berserk on you, or anything like that.  However, you *can* attack & destroy it if you wish (although you'd better have a 30k fleet, bare minimum -- a 50k fleet or better is preferred), and this will yield a somewhat different set of rewards than what you saw in the screenshots I posted.  I generally don't fight it myself, as the Infinity Machine is the only leviathan where any interaction other than combat is really possible. 

All the other leviathans in Stellaris are essentially "boss monsters", who automatically attack & destroy anything that enters the dungeon system they inhabit/guard.  (Note:  A few leviathans don't always stay in one place...)  If & when you manage to take out a leviathan, however, you'll gain some pretty neat rewards; and the systems they guard are typically worth having as well. 

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #160 on: August 07, 2021, 05:46:12 PM
I think I remember a dragon/drake? And he was pretty hardcore at the time

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #161 on: August 07, 2021, 09:13:16 PM
There is the Ether Drake, yes.  And he is indeed a tough bastard to bring down.  >:D  Defeating him brings a variety of rewards, including eventually being able to research Dragon-scale armor, the best armor in the game. 

The leviathans that personally freak me out the most, though, are the Dimensional Horror and Stellar Devourer.  Those two always feel like they *need* to be killed. 

thecommandtent

• Patreon Supporters
  • Corporal
Reply #162 on: August 08, 2021, 09:26:42 PM
Working on an Imaginations campaign and trying to see if I can utilize TTS to help track the campaign and maybe even run some of the battles.

Here is a shot of my campaign map uploaded and put on a TTS table. Now I'm just fooling around with force markers and figuring out how I want to run it.

Tolstoi

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lancer
  • Hang on, let me overthink this.
    • Alek Tolstoi
Reply #163 on: August 09, 2021, 10:32:37 AM
Working on an Imaginations campaign and trying to see if I can utilize TTS to help track the campaign and maybe even run some of the battles.

Here is a shot of my campaign map uploaded and put on a TTS table. Now I'm just fooling around with force markers and figuring out how I want to run it.

That is fantastic! What time period will your Imagination campaign take place? It looks like you are off to a great start. I look forward to seeing what you share next.

thecommandtent

• Patreon Supporters
  • Corporal
Reply #164 on: August 09, 2021, 08:05:05 PM

That is fantastic! What time period will your Imagination campaign take place? It looks like you are off to a great start. I look forward to seeing what you share next.

I'm leaving myself some leeway in case this goes well and I want to expand the scope but right now it will mostly be around the Dark Ages era.