Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Post your screenshots! Share your game stories!  (Read 53881 times)

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #255 on: May 12, 2022, 10:04:20 PM
Maybe?  We shall see.  My intentions are genuinely altruistic and/or well-intentioned for the most part.  Granted, that doesn't mean I won't (ab)use my new powers to smack down those who are being stupid and/or piss me off...  :whistle: 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

Sir Slash

• Lance Sergeant
  • Head of the Honorable Order of Knights Hotwings
Reply #256 on: May 12, 2022, 11:09:55 PM
As any good Galactic Ruler should.  ;)

Any Day is a Good Day That Doesn't Involve Too Much Work or Too Little Gaming

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #257 on: May 13, 2022, 08:54:47 AM
Maybe?  We shall see.  My intentions are genuinely altruistic and/or well-intentioned for the most part.  Granted, that doesn't mean I won't (ab)use my new powers to smack down those who are being stupid and/or piss me off...  :whistle:

Says the emperor from Foundation

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #258 on: May 14, 2022, 03:43:24 AM
Her title is "Star Queen", actually -- and don't you forget it!  >:D 

Tolstoi

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lancer
  • Hang on, let me overthink this.
    • Alek Tolstoi
Reply #259 on: May 30, 2022, 11:15:06 AM
We interrupt your Science Fiction wargaming of Battles Yet to HappenTM, to share with you all some pictures of Battles From the PastTM. I thought about posting an AAR from a game of Blücher (2015) I participated in a couple months ago; however, this battle wasn't that exciting. It was great to get together with friends, push lead around the table and have a good time in person. We hadn't played Napoleonics face to face for two years, so for me, that was the best part of the day, sharing good times with friends.

The scenario didn't turn out to be that great of a battle. We decided to have late war French force battle the Austrians. We used Scharnhorst to determine the battle field and where the forces would start. It played out that the Austrians were on the defense and the French would need to break the Austrians in order to win. The terrain favored the Austrians and they formed a defensive line behind a bend in a river, which the French didn't attack quickly enough, so by the end of the game, the Austrians were victorious. Here are some highlights from the game.

This is after our set up. The stands/trays we place our figures on are upside down to help keep a semblance of uncertainty when we start.

The white stands are the French and the green are the Austrians. This gives you an idea of the starting positions.

Upon seeing this I'm sure you're thinking, "Where are the rest of the Austrians?" There were two forces of Austrians off the table that would arrive as reinforcements. Neither force played any role in the game!

Here are some French Dragoons Advancing.

Here we have the French Old Guard and Guard Cavalry advancing toward the Austrians.

Austrian cavalry charging French horse artillery.

Here's birds eye view of the Austrians cowering, er, I mean, valiantly defending from behind the rivers.

Here we see a brigade of veteran French infantry storming across a bridge, which is defended by Austrian Grenadiers.

Here is a birds eye view of the game as the final turn transpired.

As I wrote, an excellent time with friends and not the most exciting of battles. We now return you to your regularly scheduled Battles Yet to HappenTM.

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #260 on: May 30, 2022, 12:00:55 PM
 :bigthumb:

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #261 on: June 11, 2022, 02:16:05 PM
Should have fired this up much earlier - had a great time mid 80s warfare all to a carpenter/stranger things synth sound track

ive got Abrams guarding the approach rd

A phantom lining up a shot on the Mi-8

general overview of the left flank where i expect an infantry attack from the trees in the distance

and here it comes into the bradleys and prepared infantry

The departing A-10 leaves an exploding Mi-8 dropping off infantry

on the right flank Bradleys drop off rangers to cover the forest

My first win on the new game, the post battle scores are great - each friendly and enemy unit with their individual kills and then the chronology of all kills

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #262 on: June 11, 2022, 08:52:31 PM
My current game of Interstellar Space: Genesis, playing as the Kaek Collective (the two screenshots are four turns apart): 

I've just founded new colonies in the Cra and Thecitune systems, where I'd previously established footholds by building Outposts.  They're my first colonies *not* of my species "preferred" planet type -- something I intend to address soon, as I've now researched the technology to terraform worlds to something a bit more hospitable. 

I've made contact with the Human Federation in the west, and have established a decent relationship thus far.  Just off-screen to the north are the Draguul Kingdom, who are unfriendly, but not openly hostile at this point.  The Vxma and (especially) Cra colonies will be getting their defenses beefed up as a precaution. 

I've built up a modest fleet for protection, which is stationed at my capital in Rhinelander.  It's going to need to be a lot stronger than it currently is, however, before it can successfully engage & destroy the space dragon inhabiting the Jers system in the south. 

« Last Edit: June 14, 2022, 04:10:26 AM by Martok »

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #263 on: June 13, 2022, 04:28:48 PM
is it very different to DW2 and Stellaris?

In my Warno game, it embodies the very essence of my childhood - wanting to play soldiers with forces from my era, hinds, tornados, harriers, abrams

Here an Mi-8 is causing absolute carnage

So we send in Mr Warthog

and its the little personal battles, vignettes you find across the map - i noticed that AA fire kept coming from these trees so sent 2 squads of rangers in - they landed out of sight in black hawks, which is laready cool, crept through the woods and found these assholes!

This forest would turn into a burning hell shortly, men would die here, helicopters would crash here and tanks would explode - it was great

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #264 on: June 14, 2022, 04:33:16 AM
is it very different to DW2 and Stellaris?

There are a number of differences, yes. 

Interstellar Space: Genesis is a more of an "old-school" space 4x, in the vein of Master of Orion 2 -- though it does its own thing, unlike too many copycats and would-be spiritual successors.  The game is turn-based, not real-time (including combat).  It's also smaller in scale & scope, with the largest map sizes having just 280 star systems -- and only around half of those are visible at the start of the game. 

Empire management in IS:G is overall simpler, and strategy is generally *not* centered around an early "land rush" where you're churning out colony ships to grab as many worlds/star systems as possible.  The game also has "Space Culture" and Evolution perks (somewhat similar to Traditions and Ascension Perks in Stellaris) that give your empire powerful bonuses and help guide its development down certain paths.  IS:G has leaders you can hire (or on occasion you can get for free via events), and these leaders can develop their skills, and also gain desires, which you can fulfill or thwart -- either will have consequences. 

Finally, I would be remiss if I didn't also mention the game's excellent remote exploration system, which allows you to keep making cool new discoveries long after the galaxy has been "explored".  It's probably IS:G's single most brilliant feature. 

This forest would turn into a burning hell shortly, men would die here, helicopters would crash here and tanks would explode - it was great

Nice!  I trust you were able to take out the AA weaponry in the process as well.  :P 

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #265 on: July 18, 2022, 10:01:52 AM
Just some pics -

Down in the harbour

Got here by climbing down there - i dont think any part of the map is off limits

After finishing with harbour im going to climb up here

and thats the harbour back down there

baddy on the opposite ridge

shots on the way

going to need a new dentist

maps are lovely

when you put yourself between one baddy and another - killed by his own man

1st major objective - here to kill 4 officers - heres no.1

Two more in the villa up there, bridge guuarded by so many baddies, can go around or brute force way thru

W8taminute

• Jr Lancer
  • Put the glasses on
Reply #266 on: July 19, 2022, 04:09:10 PM
^Very nice pics UCG.

Don't be afraid, don't be dismayed

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #267 on: July 19, 2022, 04:16:08 PM
^Very nice pics UCG.

It’s a great looking game

W8taminute

• Jr Lancer
  • Put the glasses on
Reply #268 on: July 19, 2022, 04:18:51 PM
Sure is.  I was watching a YouTuber play it a while back and was intrigued. 
Now I gotta go check my gaming wallet and see if I should pull the trigger or not.  LOL

Don't be afraid, don't be dismayed

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #269 on: July 19, 2022, 04:38:12 PM
Don’t know if it’s still on sale but elite 4 was 6 pounds on green man last week