Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Tactics & Strategy  (Read 3623 times)

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
on: November 25, 2020, 08:39:36 AM
https://tswargames.com/collections/games?page=1

This is a publisher that I had not heard of before, so thank you Brant for the link.

They do a nice selection of games, although looking at the components, it would seem that they have a quite small footprint, with 50cm x 70cm maps, and, I suspect, 12mm counters, which I would find too small for comfortable play. Note that I have emailed them to check this out, since counter size is not stated anywhere, but looking at pictures of the counter sheets, there are 11 counters in a row, and that is a good indicator of size.

As a rule of thumb;

10 counters = 1/2"
9 counters = 9/16"
8 counters = 5/8"

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #1 on: November 25, 2020, 08:53:47 AM
Great, thanks Bob. Now I have their Pacific game on the way. Sigh. Look for an unboxing and playthrough in the future.

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #2 on: November 25, 2020, 10:10:04 AM
Yeah, I looked at that one, Mike. I'll be very interested to see what you think of the quality of the game. I like the look of the Ardennes 1944 game and the North African campaign, plus there is a Spanish CW game that I'm tempted by.

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

judgedredd

Reply #3 on: November 25, 2020, 05:05:42 PM
Damn. These look great. Although...counters bigger than the hexes and I'm not sure of the rivers in the Normandy game.

But I'm definitely in the running for a couple of these. I'm looking at you Ardennes 2024, Desert Rats 1940-42 and Kasserine 1944....maybe even Pacific 1941-1945

OK. More than a couple.