Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Canvas Temple Publishing  (Read 3735 times)

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
on: December 22, 2019, 10:11:46 AM
http://www.canvastemple.com

Interesting post on their Facebook page today

After sending out the most recent newsletter, I got an email from a customer wondering why I was combining 3D printing with the CTP wargaming site. So I thought I'd explain what that's all about in public, since others may be wondering the same thing.
The Story of Canvas Temple 3D printing:
Like many of you, I am a father. I have 2 wonderful children, currently ages 10 and 12, a boy and a girl. My daughter, Lauren, has always expressed a keen interest in business as well as technology, while my son, Jack, is very much a gamer. I wanted to set something up for them to be able to participate in a business enterprise so that they could learn about all of the things they were so interested in. 3D printing is very gadgety in that the printers we built from DIY kits, and we also built computerized add-ons for them in the form of Raspberry Pi controllers and the like. They also require a fair bit of care and maintenance, all of which they are learning to do through this enterprise. And for their efforts, they get to see a bit of reward in the form of sales via our website.
So in reality, the CTP 3D printing enterprise is about teaching Lauren and Jack how to run a business, about technology, and about gaming! So I thank you for your interest in what we are doing, and I thank you even more for your support in helping me educate my kids!
So that's the why of it, and as always I am grateful to all of you for supporting this effort.
Jon Compton

:rockon: :bigthumb: :rockon:

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #1 on: December 22, 2019, 02:47:18 PM
That's pretty cool.  :) 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike