Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: April 4, 2020 -- The Battle of Friedland -- BLUCHER  (Read 6302 times)

ojsdad

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #15 on: April 06, 2020, 08:08:14 AM
I do enjoy playing Blucher, but I'll be honest that in some ways I enjoyed Command and Colors a little more.  They both have their twists that make them different enough to enjoy the same subject and not feel like you're playing a clone of one or the other. 

Here at ACD, we all pee the same color.

Cyrano

• Junior Warrant Officer
  • Corporal
  • JK Actual
    • Kriegsspieler
Reply #16 on: April 06, 2020, 10:26:34 AM
I know what you mean.  Very different experiences.

And when Horse and Musket wanders into Napoleonics!

Also, I very much want to get back to Altar of Freedom.  I think I like Blucher better, but I want to check it against my profound Napoleonic biases.

Sergeant-at-Arms - Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Negotiator of the fragile peace between Ruritania and Strakenz

Weeple Herder to the Emperor

GriffinTwoSix

• Patreon Supporters
  • Trooper
Reply #17 on: April 07, 2020, 09:08:34 AM
Think Altar of Freedom was the first video I saw of your guys'.  It looked solid and I remember reading over the ruleset. I'd be happy to see it revisited, the ACW is easily my favorite period to game. Blucher remains my favorite game system I've played for miniatures, though certainly rusty now. Teugen-Hausen (please be spelled correctly) was some time ago and was the only time my schedule lined up with a Blucher game night.

I always have fun playing C&C Napoleonics, although it abstracts just a smidge past what I prefer.  There's something really nice and immersion-building about seeing the names of all the actual units (brigades/regiments) in games, and I think my primary gripe with C&C is that missing bit. Even so, the Grand Battle format is great multiplayer fun, and as a game in itself it's solid.

Then again I am a bit of a noob when it comes to minis, I tend to be a hex and counter wargamer.  Funny I joined this group hoping to play Black Powder after I bought the rulebook, then found AoF and Blucher, both of which I immediately liked more.

That being said, I will always enjoy and be perfectly happy playing Altar of Freedom, Blucher, C&C Napoleonics, or Horse & Musket. It's been cool seeing so many different systems. I've always had fun playing with you guys, just wanted to throw my two cents out there.