Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Civilization VI - New Frontier Pass  (Read 10044 times)

Barthheart

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
  • Retired curmudgeon
Reply #15 on: December 16, 2020, 11:59:37 AM
"No, and stop asking me!"
:2thumbs:

PETS - People for the Ethical Treatment of Square corners

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #16 on: December 16, 2020, 12:28:56 PM
new computer on the way soon for me, so I might finally have something with the horsepower to run it!

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #17 on: December 16, 2020, 12:31:55 PM
 :bigthumb:

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

Steelie

• Corporal
Reply #18 on: January 19, 2021, 09:39:39 PM

Somewhere, somehow, I woke up in the wrong timeline. I'm pretty sure this isn't even my dimension.

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #19 on: January 20, 2021, 08:53:42 AM
Seems a bit 'lighter' than the last ones but I'll take it.

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

Steelie

• Corporal
Reply #20 on: January 20, 2021, 04:15:19 PM
Ditto. I wasn't much impressed by the content, but playing Vietnam could be intriguing.

Somewhere, somehow, I woke up in the wrong timeline. I'm pretty sure this isn't even my dimension.

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #21 on: January 29, 2021, 06:12:27 AM
Some horse-lord action? 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

Dave Pumphouse

• Trooper
Reply #22 on: February 01, 2021, 04:09:58 PM
I started to get back into Civ 6 after a long break... i'm just as terrible as before! I dont know what it is about Civ 6 but science always seems to be my biggest weakness! I have watched so many playthroughs and advice channels fornoobs but i just dont knwo what i am doing wrong!

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #23 on: February 01, 2021, 04:19:17 PM
I've never actually played ANY of the Civ games.

<hides under table before MD or Vance comes on line>

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #24 on: February 01, 2021, 04:30:40 PM
I've never actually played ANY of the Civ games....

-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #25 on: February 01, 2021, 04:31:29 PM
Oh, don't you start on me as well.......

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #26 on: February 01, 2021, 10:44:29 PM
;D 

I do have a bit of experience with the franchise, but it's very limited.  I own Civ IV on GOG, and it comprises the majority of what little time I've spent with the series.  I also own Civ V on Steam, but I've played that one barely at all.  (I grabbed Civ VI for free off of Epic last year, but haven't even bothered installing it.) 

I'm not sure why I've never really gotten into Civilization.  I don't think it's lack of appeal; I certainly find the concept interesting enough.  I suspect that with me specifically, it's simply that I find space and fantasy 4x games grab me even more, and so that's just what I've spent my time playing.  And if I want to play a historical game, then Paradox and Total War already have me covered. 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

Anguille

• Jr Lancer
Reply #27 on: February 02, 2021, 04:02:30 AM
I started to get back into Civ 6 after a long break... i'm just as terrible as before! I dont know what it is about Civ 6 but science always seems to be my biggest weakness! I have watched so many playthroughs and advice channels fornoobs but i just dont knwo what i am doing wrong!

I am a fairly bad Civilization player myself. Civilization 6 is fairly complex and imho requires a lot of micromanagement to really be a good player. It's also necessary to understand well the sub-level mechanics. Imho, to be a good CIV VI player, you have to play it very very much.

@Martok. I've always thought that the design of the Civilization games was weaker than the one or the Master of Orion franchise (battles, multiple research options, etc.).

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #28 on: February 25, 2021, 06:08:09 PM
New Civ 6 patch dropped! It includes a new Barbarian Clans Game Mode.

Patch Notes: ShowHide
[NEW FEATURES]
Barbarian Clans Game Mode
A new game mode that adds diverse Barbarian groups and strategies. This game mode replaces standard Barbarian Tribes with Clans, with a variety of terrain and combat preferences. Additionally, the mode introduces new player actions for peaceful interactions with Barbarians that provide increased strategic options.

Every Clan can progress towards converting into a City-State. If the camp remains in play long enough and/or receives enough boosts from player actions, it will transform into a new City-State.

New Clans Types
This mode includes seven types of Barbarian Clans. Each clan type has its own preferred range of units to field and requires a different set of map conditions in order to appear. In addition to their normal units, clans also have the ability to field Unique Units from Civs that were not selected during game setup.
· Flatland Clan – Prefers to place their Outposts in open terrain away from woods and hills. They prefer a balance of melee units for attack and ranged units for defense.
· Woodland Clan – Prefers to place their Outposts in or adjacent to woods and rainforests. They prefer greater numbers of ranged units than melee units and use them for both attack and defense.
· Hills Clan – Prefers to place their Outposts on open terrain with hills. They strongly prefer melee units, even to the point of excluding ranged units completely.
· Rover Clan – Require a nearby Horse resource and prefer to place their Outposts in open terrain away from woods. They prefer as many mounted units as possible, using both light and heavy cavalry for attack and defense.
· Chariot Clan – Require a nearby Horse resource and prefer to place their Outposts in the desert. They prefer mounted vehicles and light cavalry in all roles, rarely using ranged units at all.
· Jungle Clan – Requires a nearby Ivory resource and prefer to place their Outposts inside rainforests. They prefer a mixture of light and heavy cavalry units supported by foot and ranged units.
· Seafaring Clan – Always place their Outposts on coastal plots. They defend their Outposts with land-based anti-cavalry units, but otherwise they exclusively use naval melee and naval ranged units for scouting and attacking.

New Unit Commands
Combat units that enter a Barbarian Outpost do not automatically destroy it. Instead, they can choose from two new unit commands to deal with the clan.
· Disperse Clan – Destroy the clan completely and earn experience points for the dispersing unit.
· Raid Clan – Player is rewarded with Gold and the clan’s progress towards City-State conversion is reduced, but the Outpost is not destroyed. Raided clans gain immunity to raids for a short duration and spawn a defender unit in reprisal the same turn.

New Player Commands
Players can take peaceful or diplomatic actions with Clans. To initiate one of these interactions, players will need to click on the map banner over the Outpost.
· Hire Clan – Spend Gold to permanently purchase the best military unit the clan can currently train. The clan will gain progress towards City-State conversion.
· Ransom Unit from Clan – Spend Gold to recover a civilian unit captured by the clan. Clans that ransom units lose progress towards City-State conversion.
· Bribe Clan – Spend Gold to expel units from your territory and prevent them from targeting your cities for a number of turns. The clan will gain progress towards City-State conversion.
· Incite Clan – Spend Gold to encourage the clan to raid and attack the cities of another civilization. The clan will lose progress towards City-State conversion.

Leader Selection Pool
· The Leader Selection Pool is a new advanced option that allows players to create 2 custom pools of leaders for their single and multiplayer games. What this does is allow players to create lists of leaders that can be chosen by others, or by the AI. For instance, you might want to have one group of leaders for your friends in an online game, and then restrict the AI to a different set of leaders. This still allows for some randomness - you could create a list of leaders that you haven't seen before, a list of non-aggressive leaders for a peaceful game, or all the warmongers for a real brawl.

[BALANCE/POLISH]
General updates
· [Maya and Gran Colombia Pack] Fixed an issue where the Basilikoi Paides Barracks replacement was not properly applying the combat strength increase for Lahore's Nihang unit.
· [Base game, Rise and Fall] The Llanero [Maya and Gran Colombia] and Oromo Cavalry [Ethiopia Pack] no longer require a strategic resource in order to train.
· [Gathering Storm] Earth Goddess now gives 1 Faith for Breathtaking tiles.
· Fixed an issue where the Coastal Raid unit action was not properly raiding coastal plots with support units on them.
· Fixed an issue where games with 20 civs and 24 City-States would start without a Free Cities player, making rebellions from loyalty impossible.

Natural Wonder updates
Cliffs of Dover gives 3 Gold, 3 Culture, 2 Food.
Crater Lake gives 5 faith instead of 4.
Lysefjord gives +1 Production to adjacent tiles.
Giant's Causeway provides +1 Culture to adjacent tiles.
The Campus now receives a major adjacency for the Great Barrier Reef.
[Maya and Gran Colombia Pack] Removed the Major Adjacency bonus for the Theater Square and Commercial Hub from Paititi.

Governments update
Autocracy Policy Slots - 1 Military, 1 Economic, 1 Diplomatic, 1 Wildcard
Oligarchy Policy Slots - 2 Military, 1 Economic, 0 Diplomatic, 1 Wildcard
Monarchy Policy Slots - 2 Military, 1 Economic, 1 Diplomatic, 2 Wildcard
Merchant Republic Policy Slots - 1 Military, 2 Economic, 2 Diplomatic, 1 Wildcard
[Gathering Storm] In addition to the housing Monarchy now gives +2 Favor from each Renaissance Walls.

Buildings update
Arena and Tlachtli buildings provide +2 Amenities.
[Rise and Fall, Gathering Storm] Ferris Wheel now provides +2 Amenities.
[Rise and Fall, Gathering Storm] Audience Chamber now provides +2 Amenities and +4 Housing.
[Rise and Fall, Gathering Storm] Add the Water Park building to Toronto (Rise and Fall) and Mexico City (Gathering Storm).

Red Death
· Removed non-functional map options such as resources, start positions, and temperature from Game Setup menu as they don’t apply to Red Death.

Ethiopia Pack
· Fixed an issue where extra Great Work slots on a building would disappear when a bank created by a Great Merchant would be replaced by the Gilded Vault during Secret Societies mode gameplay.

Byzantium and Gaul Pack
· Fixed an issue where the Culture Industry Golden Policy card would provide +25% Production to specialty districts when it should only apply to non-specialty districts.

Pirates
· Fixed an issue where players could spam tavern visits on the same turn.
· Fixed an issue where the City Banner tooltips would display incorrect text when viewing the “Sack City” and Visit Tavern” tooltips.

Vietnam and Kublai Khan Pack
· [Babylon Pack] Hero ability “Maui’s Inventions” will now only spawn a random resource that already exists in the world to prevent players from being granted a Monopoly on a single resource.
· Fixed an issue causing redundant failure messages for Corporation creation.
· Fixed an issue causing Kublai Khan’s agenda to not count negative modifiers towards military power.
· Fixed a crash that would occur when a player tried to steal a Corporation from another player.

[MP]
· "No and stop asking" responses are disabled when human opponents engage in diplomatic options with the player during Multiplayer gameplay.
· Improved matchmaking.

[AI]
· AI has bigger bias towards building air units.
· AI will use better formations for air units.
· AI will have more aircraft ready.
· AI will more efficiently use anti-air against aircraft.
· AI will place a larger value on trades that include strategic resources needed to build air units.
· AI is more likely to make a deal for strategic resources related to air units.
· Increase AI’s desire to engage in the Culture race.
· Strengthened bias against building too many spaceports.
· AI will not build units that require an ongoing resource they don’t have.
· Fixed an issue where the AI would offer more Gold per turn than intended for low value items.

[UI]
· Fixed an issue where a Civilization’s data would be erased from the CO2 Levels Global Contribution graph after they were removed from the game.
· Fixed an issue where “Sleep” icons were missing from the Unit List in the World Tracker.
· Various text updates

[CONSOLE]
[ALL]
· Fixed an issue where the Defeat screen buttons would not function if player was defeated before another player settles a city in multiplayer.
· Fixed a wooden border that was present in the Global Resource Report screen.
· Fixed an issue that would cause the Great People menu to be overlapped by the Notifications menu.
· Fixed an issue with an extra symbol being present in the Purchase with Gold tooltip.
· Fixed an icon for Taoism being displayed as the Mongolia icon for China in the Path to Nirvana Create game menu.
· Fixed a crash that could occur after a desync in multiplayer.
· Fixed a crash that could occur when progressing through gameplay during late game.
· Fixed an issue where a message prompt does not appear when setting the number of City-States in the Single Player Create Game menu.
· Fixed an issue where Great People tooltips display on the Heroes tab of the Heroes & Great People menu.
· Fixed a temporary hang that could occur when starting a game after launch.

[PS4 & XB1]
· Fixed a redundant banner that could appear during a Rise and Fall ruleset game.

[SWITCH & PS4]
· Fixed an overlapping issue in the Create Game menu with the Game Random Seed and Map Random Seed text.

[SWITCH]
· Fixed an issue that would cause the right tray expand button was not present when Joy-Cons are not attached.
· Fixed a City Recommendation tooltip that would not display when toggling tooltips.

[XB1]
· Fixed a crash that could occur when loading into a multiplayer game after joining a friend’s game.

-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

Barthheart

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
  • Retired curmudgeon
Reply #29 on: February 25, 2021, 07:18:03 PM
Yeah this should be cool.  :bigthumb:

PETS - People for the Ethical Treatment of Square corners