Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Renee Auberjonois' Middle Name Was MURAT!  (Read 4414 times)

Cyrano

• Corporal
  • JK Actual
    • Kriegsspieler
on: December 08, 2019, 09:50:46 PM
How was this not a crawl on the bottom of every freaking show he ever appeared in.

I am really bothered by this.

He was a direct, lineal descendant of Marshal Murat by his marriage to Napoleon's sister, Caroline.

The actual hell...

I bet he inherited a sweet sword or two and some OUTFITS.  Joachim could dress.

Sergeant-at-Arms - Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Negotiator of the fragile peace between Ruritania and Strakenz

Weeple Herder to the Emperor

JasonPratt

• Lancer
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
Reply #1 on: December 08, 2019, 10:08:15 PM
Also, how did that NOT factor into any DS9 holodeck eps, or even considering his character was a literal shapeshifter??

(Or any Benson eps for that matter.)

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #2 on: December 09, 2019, 08:36:25 AM
That's a really cool fact I would have never know. Thank you, sir.  :bigthumb:

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

besilarius

• Corporal
Reply #3 on: December 09, 2019, 11:07:49 AM
Murat was shot in the cheek during the Egyptian campaign, if my memory is correct.
Napoleon joked that it was inevitable, because Murat never shut up and always had his mouth open.
No wonder Rene could deliver the cwaziest lines with that genetic heritage.

"These things must be done delicately-- or you hurt the spell."  - The Wicked Witch of the West.
"We've got the torpedo damage temporarily shored up, the fires out and soon will have the ship back on an even keel. But I would suggest, sir, that if you have to take any more torpedoes, you take 'em on the starboard side."   Pops Healy, DCA USS Lexington.

mike0liver

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #4 on: December 22, 2019, 07:27:32 AM
I live in Chelmsford, Essex, UK and went to a small restaurant in a town called Thaxted, a few miles from my home. We had lunch in the restaurant and discovered the owner was a Mr Soult. Yes - a direct descendant of the great marshal. Wrong side of the bed, of course, but he was born in Spain and came to the UK some years ago to start the business. Fascinating chap!

I started with nothing and still have most of it left

panzerde

• Corporal
  • Kriegsherr
    • Cry Havoc
Reply #5 on: December 22, 2019, 11:59:39 AM
Murat was shot in the cheek during the Egyptian campaign, if my memory is correct.
Napoleon joked that it was inevitable, because Murat never shut up and always had his mouth open.
No wonder Rene could deliver the cwaziest lines with that genetic heritage.

I can only imagine this pissed off the somewhat humorless Davout no end.

I actually don't really like games.

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres