Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Diablo 2 Resurrected  (Read 7633 times)

Gusington

• Lancer
Reply #15 on: September 23, 2021, 08:29:17 PM
Not sure what I will play as...I'm also ignoring the comments from RPS and PC Gamer on how Resurrected is antiquated and making them yearn for D3.

Always do what you feel is best.

Bison

• Corporal
Reply #16 on: September 23, 2021, 08:43:59 PM
I have not visited those sites in years (It actually took me a good 5 minutes to remember what RPS stood for). I can understand how some people may like the more frantic and faster pace of D3 but I am getting older and more nostalgic. So it's exactly what I want in my action RPGs - slower paced and solid game play. Plus I forgot all about the joyous agony of class building because in D3 you can just reprogram abilities at will.

Gusington

• Lancer
Reply #17 on: September 23, 2021, 09:12:56 PM
I just played through the intro and saved on my way out on the first quest, into the Blood Moor. I decided to play as Gustavius the Druid. I have to admit to loving the little feature they put in there when you press 'G' to flash between the original game and the Resurrected version. A small thing, but entertaining. Amazing how far the graphics have come in 20 years.

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #18 on: October 17, 2021, 04:59:59 AM
Reactions seem to be...mixed so far.  I've seen/heard quite a few complaints regarding technical issues, especially server connections and rollbacks (the latter of which causes a player to lose progress).  Sounds like it needs some more infrastructure support before it's really ready for prime-time. 

Alex from AngryJoe likes it overall (he's a huge fan of the original), but rates the remaster only a 6/10:   

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

Gusington

• Lancer
Reply #19 on: October 25, 2021, 05:55:35 PM
FWIW I really enjoy it and had no tech issues at all. I finished the first act and then switched it up to play some more D3 for flavor.

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #20 on: October 25, 2021, 07:29:40 PM
Thanks Gus, that's good to know.  I still plan on picking it up at some point. 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

Gusington

• Lancer
Reply #21 on: October 25, 2021, 09:18:26 PM
Well worth it IMHO. I am having more fun with it now than I did 20 years ago.