Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Hammer's Slammers: The Crucible  (Read 612 times)

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
on: January 18, 2024, 01:09:31 PM
#UnboxingDay! ~ Remembering David Drake with Hammer's Slammers: The Crucible
https://wp.me/pae4WL-8B2

My favorite science fiction author, David Allen Drake, passed away on December 10, 2023. David Drake is best known for his Hammer's Slammers military science fiction books. Drake was drafted into the army in 1970 and assigned to the 11th Cavalry Regiment (a.k.a. the Blackhorse[efn_note]ed note: Allons![/efn_note]) where he spent the war in Vietnam and Cambodia. After his enlistment Drake finished law school but also turned to writing to help him deal with his army experiences. As his obituary tells, “The stories [in Hammer’s Slammers] were more important to me as self-therapy than they were as the start of a career.” Wargaming is a therapy I use to cope with Real Life and to honor Mr. Drake's memory I pulled out my copy of Hammer's Slammers: The Crucible to play.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love