Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Your Newest Acquisitions?  (Read 4305 times)

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
on: October 06, 2020, 08:25:36 AM
I'm just looking through what's hit the house lately?

Forbidden Lands - been following for a little while, but Ardwulf's unboxing and recommendation pushed me over the top and I finally ordered it

Gloomhaven Jaws of the Lion - total impulse purchase based on it being on sale, plus a Red card discount at Target

13th Age RPG - The last of my purchases trying to help out a local RPG store that was in danger of going under because of the loss of in-store play during the pandemic. Read about it in the Designers & Dragons history book, and decided to take the plunge on it after reading some online reviews. I'm not likely to buy a whole lot of support material, but I was okay buying one more expensive book to help out the local store

Shores off Tripoli - just arrived yesterday from Fort Circle Games. More coming soon

District Commander Kandahar - The latest and Brian Train's "district commander" series also arrived yesterday from Hollandspiele. More coming soon

Note this doesn't count a handful of decks of adventure cards that I was picking up just to make some small purchases to help keep the local game stores going.  I wasn't in a position to get a whole lot of big stuff from them, but I did want to help them out during the pandemic. I think I picked up five total decks of cards for different randomizations during games

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

bayonetbrant

• Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #1 on: October 06, 2020, 08:30:22 AM
I mean, this feels like a total binge for me given my lack of acquisitions over the last year. I generally don't pre-order or p500 things, didn't jump on the T2K Kickstarter until the last possible minute.

Obviously, being out of work didn't help, but even when I was fully employed, it was rare for me to end up with five new games in 10 days or so, unless it was at a convention

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #2 on: October 06, 2020, 08:32:52 AM
Well, I got a car insurance bill, a RAC renewal bill, and a bill to service the heating boiler. Do they count?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 08:43:44 AM by bob48 »

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

trailrunner

• Corporal
Reply #3 on: October 06, 2020, 08:34:00 AM
MMP just put three ASL packs for sale yesterday.  Insta-buy for me.

I’ve spent half my life’s earning on wargames, women, and drink. The rest I wasted.

bayonetbrant

• Administrator
  • Staff Sergeant
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #4 on: October 06, 2020, 08:41:09 AM
Yep, those might just make an appearance in the Tuesday newsday!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

trailrunner

• Corporal
Reply #5 on: October 06, 2020, 08:51:03 AM
Not that I need to justify anything to this crowd - but those three packs have 32 scenarios, a few maps and some counters.  Total cost with shipping will be about $70-75.  If I play every scenario, and if every scenario takes four hours, that works out to be less than $0.60 per hour of entertainment.  Quite a good value.

I’ve spent half my life’s earning on wargames, women, and drink. The rest I wasted.

Hethwill

• Patreon Supporters
  • Jr Lancer
    • Hethwill Wargames Youtube
Reply #6 on: October 06, 2020, 03:16:48 PM

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #7 on: October 06, 2020, 04:16:52 PM
I have Fleet Commander Nimitz, 2nd Edition, with the Yamato, Total War, and Islands expansions. Should be interesting given the posts on BGG about the 2nd Edition...

Also have Aliens: Bug Hunt on the way; should be here later this week.

============================================

Solosaurus Podcast: https://solosaurus.libsyn.com/
(includes Solosaurus Plays)

thecommandtent

• Patreon Supporters
  • Corporal
Reply #8 on: October 06, 2020, 08:44:09 PM
Well, I got a car insurance bill, a RAC renewal bill, and a bill to service the heating boiler. Do they count?

Sounds about how my month is starting off too....