Recent Posts

Fantasy & Futuristic Warfare / Re: Songs of Conquest
« Last post by Gusington on May 18, 2022, 01:01:41 PM »
^People have been raving about V - so much so that I may play much sooner than I planned. Of courseā€¦Old World releases tomorrow!!
This one is big.

Very, very big. BUT it only seats SEVEN.

ALLIES
Chrono (Utah)
Vance (Leafers)

AXIS
Jeff (TBD)
OJ (TBD)

Everybody back for Thursday?

Fantasy & Futuristic Warfare / Re: Songs of Conquest
« Last post by Steelie on May 18, 2022, 10:44:09 AM »
Everything I do is "with intent"   8)

And I did pick up V Rising even though it looks like it needs to cook a bit longer.
Intel Dump / Re: Tuesday Newsday! Weekly dump of wargaming news
« Last post by TTC on May 18, 2022, 09:29:05 AM »
MMP have also announced a new AWI game, which adapts the mechanics from Angola to the Southern colonies and the conflict in South Carolina in the 1780s, in Crown & Crescent

A wargame, set in South Carolina? That is an auto-buy for me!

My former SCARNG buddy who is a huge AWI history buff, but not a wargamer, is very interested in keeping an eye on this one

I've already pre-ordered it.

I'll put it on my shelf next to my "Cattle of Cowpens" game that I designed for an 8th grade project.  8)
« Last post by bayonetbrant on May 18, 2022, 09:16:50 AM »
MMP have also announced a new AWI game, which adapts the mechanics from Angola to the Southern colonies and the conflict in South Carolina in the 1780s, in Crown & Crescent

My former SCARNG buddy who is a huge AWI history buff, but not a wargamer, is very interested in keeping an eye on this one
Arts & Crafts / Re: My next project
« Last post by judgedredd on May 18, 2022, 09:09:55 AM »
I take it all back about Airfix getting their shit together. This model is honestly horrible. It seems to be over engineered - almost like the part count was important.

The engine cowlings are 3 parts - and when all fitted together, there's a huge fit issue. At least 3mm maybe more. This of course makes it harder to fit the final piece of cowling on (as the hole that's meant to fit in has gotten bigger.

The glass for the gun turret is terrible. I've had it sitting with a peg clamped on it trying to get it to fit the gun turret. Currently, where the opening is, it's too big. So I'm trying to close that. It's been two days and there's been some movement - but not enough. I am absolutely dreading the cockpit glass...and there's lots of it.

I've almost binned this twice. If the cockpit glass doesn't fit, it's off the table and into the bin. It's not something I want to keep around and it's not something that I think is going to look particularly nice.

Just awful.

I would say that there are positive reviews out there regarding new aircraft kits - perhaps even this one. I don't have experience of any others (stay tuned, I do have a Hawker Sea Hurricane) but this is just not a pleasant build at all.
4X Gaming / Re: Old World (Soren Johnson)
« Last post by Barthheart on May 18, 2022, 08:55:50 AM »
I'm late to this. Is Old World a spin on Crusader Kings.

No it's basically Civ set in ancient Med. Only 300 years of time span. There is some leader play/control but nothing close to CK.
« Last post by TTC on May 18, 2022, 08:31:23 AM »

4X Gaming / Re: Old World (Soren Johnson)
« Last post by ojsdad on May 18, 2022, 08:00:37 AM »
I'm late to this. Is Old World a spin on Crusader Kings.