Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: HUMANKIND  (Read 35130 times)

HellCat6

• Jr. Trooper
    • Catastrophe Games
Reply #150 on: December 03, 2021, 08:26:29 PM
Well, not sure I'm going to play much more of HK. The beginning and middle is fun, but the end dragssssssssssssssssss on. My last game ended when my armor unit was destroyed 4 hexes from the beach by a pair of irregulars firing 500km away...

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #151 on: December 04, 2021, 03:20:54 AM
Sounds like they've managed to capture at least one aspect of the Civ series (at least in spirit).  ;D 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

ojsdad

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #152 on: December 05, 2021, 09:49:45 AM
Overall I'm liking what is there.  But there are balancing issues that need to be looked at.  Civs are getting into the Medieval period before 1 AD, I'm into the Classical error, but haven't invented the wheel yet.  I also think the independent nations (think city states) that popup can be a little too powerful. 

I do like the use of influence to claim more lands, and I love the ability to link outposts to a city.  This is, in my mind, forming provinces.  I would like to see a city get an additional build queue for adding outposts to a city. 

Here at ACD, we all pee the same color.

ojsdad

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #153 on: December 13, 2021, 03:57:42 PM
New update released this morning.  Over 758mb.

IMPORTANT CHANGES AND ADDITIONS
Improved the way lines of sight are feedbacked in battle.
Added the ability to use Avatar rewards as AI opponents, including La Catrina.
Improved AI: military strategic planning (armies management, reinforcement, bombing, disembarkment, ...)
Improved AI: territories claiming behaviours.
Improved AI: diplomatic camps and alliances creation.
Improved AI: fame gathering.
Improved AI: pollution management.

CHANGES AND ADDITIONS
Improved game data telemetry flow.
Added settings for colorblind modes once the game is launched.
Added detailed tooltips on challenges rewards.
Improved the visibility of the challenges on the Main menu.
Improved the challenge timer localization.
Improved the feedback when the player is not connected to G2G while trying to complete a challenge.

IMPORTANT FIXES
Fixed an issue where a stuck with errors in the loading screen is encountered under specific conditions (single and multiplayer).
Fixed an issue where a stuck with an error message occurred ingame under specific conditions (single and multiplayer).

OTHER FIXES
Fixed an issue where an error is generated when making the same Demand to an empire in a specific situation.
Fixed an issue where an error is generated at the start of a turn during normal gameplay, under specific conditions.
Fixed an issue where an error is generated after pressing the Next Player button from the End Game screen, under specific conditions.
Fixed an issue where an error is generated when the player connects to the G2G account, under specific conditions.
Fixed an issue where an error is generated when booting up the title while not being connected to the G2G account, under specific conditions.
Fixed an issue where an error is generated when the player attempts to edit the settings for a competitor for the first time on a fresh install.
Fixed an issue where an error is generated after pressing the "Locate the Event" button of an Osmosis Event notification during late-game.
Fixed an issue where an error is generated in Main Menu after leaving a session where a natural wonder was discovered first time by the player.
Fixed an issue where an error is generated when the client in a lobby clicks on the Pace button, under specific conditions.
Fixed an issue where an error is generated when loading a specific quick save of a multiplayer session.
Fixed an issue where an AI-related error is generated when two AI empires declared war on each other, under specific conditions.
Fixed an issue where an AI-related error is generated during gameplay, under specific conditions.
Fixed an issue where an AI related error is generated when ending turn, under specific conditions.

CHALLENGES
Fixed an issue where challenge availability can be modified by changing the computer date and time.
Fixed an issue where the Civil evolution challenge does not always complete by the community users.
Fixed an issue where the population sacrificed for the completion of Cultural Wonders is not counted in the Necropolis challenge event.
Fixed an issue where no information is provided to players that the challenge feature is available and can be unlocked by signing into G2G.

VISUALS
Fixed an issue where sections of the Mount Vesuvius 3D model are no longer rendered when moving the camera in close proximity to it.
Fixed an issue where scrolling the map for a prolonged period of time leads to a grayed out "edge".
Fixed an issue where City Population models flicker.

NARRATOR
Fixed an issue where narrator voice lines for building 30 farmers quarters trigger when the 16th farmers quarter is built.
Fixed an issue where narrator voice lines for 30 farmers quarters are triggered when building 30 market quarters.

UI
Fixed an issue where no end conditions are assigned to the "default" condition preset on first run until the preset is re-selected.
Fixed an issue where the turn symbol is displayed twice inside the pollution's tooltip.
Fixed an issue where removed player persona strengths and biases are not correctly displayed in the Community screen until restarting the game.
Fixed an issue where the second choice of the narrative event "Highway Robbery" has the same description as the first choice of the event.
Fixed an issue where debug text is displayed for one of the preset Avatars.
Fixed an issue where debug text is displayed for the connection timeout notification when refreshing the multiplayer lobby list.
Fixed an issue where debug text present in the description of the District Placement Confirmation.
Fixed an issue where debug text displayed for the "Give Me Freedom" persona strength in the Profile Screen.
Fixed an issue where debug text displayed for the tooltip of "Change State Religion" button in the Religion Panel.

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #154 on: December 22, 2021, 05:46:43 PM
The editor-in-chief of Ancient World Magazine weighed in on the game.  I enjoyed reading his thoughts & perspectives, both positive and negative. 

https://www.ancientworldmagazine.com/articles/humankind-game/

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #155 on: February 25, 2022, 03:38:41 AM
[1.0.10.1877] "Allen Newell" Patch 3 Version Notes

https://www.games2gether.com/amplitude-studios/humankind/forums/168/threads/41945%23post-350324#post-350324

Spoiler: ShowHide

ADDITIONS
- Added new movement markers in naval combat.
- Tooltips for the Colony upgrades has been made clearer: it now specifies how they can be used, or which Units can use them, and players are informed that the Infrastructures build are limited by the Resources owned.
- Players are now better informed about the reward they have gained upon completing a community challenge chapter.

IMPORTANT FIXES
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to refuse demands from an AI Empire in some occasions.

IMPORTANT FIXES [Cultures of Africa]
- Fixed a stuck situation in some occasions in multiplayer sessions when the AI was using Units from the Cultures of Africa pack.
- Fixed a stuck situation when the player was launching a manual battle against a liberated Nigerian's Army.

IMPORTANT FIXES [EGS]
- Fixed an issue on Epic Game Store where Trophies were not unlocked upon completion of required Achievements in some occasions.
- Fixed an issue on Epic Game Store where the player would not have access to the rewards for unlocked Trophies in some occasions.

OTHER FIXES
- Fixed an issue where no narrator voice lines were triggered when building recently added Cultural Wonders.
- Fixed an issue where the bonus and malus of the Civic "Architecture" were also impacting exploitations in the Official Endless™ Mod.
- Fixed an issue where the Expansionist Star counter was not updated after annexing enemy Territories through war resolutions.
- Fixed an issue where the icon of a construction completed this turn remained displayed on the player's cursor if they started dragging it during the end turn sequence.
- Fixed an issue where debug text may have been displayed as the name of a custom player Persona.
- Fixed an issue where female Units with female voice-over have a male voice-over during the dying animation.
- Fixed an issue where Units made solely of female pawns could be using male voices.
- Fixed possible instabilities during gameplay when placing a Market Quarter.
- Fixed possible instabilities when inspecting the influence tooltip breakdown from the Empire resource banner.
- Fixed possible instabilities when hovering the mouse over the "Geosynchronous Satellite" shared project in multiplayer sessions.
- Fixed (rare) possible AI instabilities when attaching an Outpost to a City.
- Fixed an issue where multiple debug texts were displayed in the AI persona "Strengths" screen when coming back to it after gameplay.
- Fixed an issue where information text was displayed outside the borders of the combined combat strength comparison bar in some situations.
- Fixed an issue where text error was displayed in the air, artillery or missile strike aftermath pin and panels, when multiple strikes were used on the same target.
- Fixed an issue where, if the maximum number of auto-saves was set to "1", some autosaves could be automatically deleted.

OTHER FIXES [Cultures of Africa]
- Fixed an issue where texture clipping was present for the Nigerians male avatar outfit.

OTHER FIXES [Windows Store]
- Fixed an issue where the players were receiving an unlock notification for the "Midas Touch" and "Millionaires Club" achievements every time when ending the first turn on a fresh boot.

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #156 on: February 25, 2022, 08:56:37 AM
Have they added the option to keep the same civilization for the entire game yet?

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

ojsdad

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #157 on: February 25, 2022, 10:40:45 AM
Have they added the option to keep the same civilization for the entire game yet?

That's always been an option. 

The purpose of being able to change Civs is that you can take advantage of different Civ traits in the different eras.  What you cannot do is be in the modern era, and pick an classical Civ, you can only pick either your current Civ or one of the available modern era Civ. 

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #158 on: February 25, 2022, 12:32:20 PM
Really? Every time I enter a new era I'm forced become a new Civ. How do I keep the same name?

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

Barthheart

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
  • Retired curmudgeon
Reply #159 on: February 25, 2022, 01:25:45 PM
You can re choose the same Civ. Just highlight who you are and you will see the option. You don’t get any new “advancements” but all your fame accomplishments are increased by 10% for each era you remain the same.

PETS - People for the Ethical Treatment of Square corners

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #160 on: February 25, 2022, 04:36:08 PM
Meh, that's disappointing. It would be nice to have the option to add those "advancements" to your custom Civ that doesn't change its name every era. I hate the "Oh good, you Egyptians made it out of the Neolithic Era! Now you're Mayans!" thing.  ::)

-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

Barthheart

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
  • Retired curmudgeon
Reply #161 on: February 25, 2022, 05:27:22 PM
The way I play is to choose geographically close civs as I advance.

They have said they are working on something where you keep your original Civ name but still choose form the new cultures that become available.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2022, 07:48:13 PM by Barthheart »

PETS - People for the Ethical Treatment of Square corners

bbmike

• Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
    • My Own Worst Enemy
Reply #162 on: February 25, 2022, 05:43:08 PM
 :bigthumb:

-Sherlock Holmes

My Own Worst Enemy

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #163 on: April 28, 2022, 05:59:27 PM
Changes coming to how Surrender and War Support work in the pending Bolivar update: 

https://www.games2gether.com/amplitude-studios/humankind/blogs/814-war-support-and-surrender-in-the-bolivar-update

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #164 on: May 12, 2022, 09:53:15 PM
More QoL improvements coming in the Bolivar update: 

https://www.games2gether.com/amplitude-studios/humankind/blogs/816