Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Distant Worlds 2  (Read 70541 times)

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #300 on: April 12, 2022, 06:15:04 AM
Is there a way to see the range of an asteroid mining station so I can choose the optimal location for capturing as many as possible in the circle?

And secondly having discovered early warp all my exploration ships fkd off to far and foreign lands leaving my home system unscanned - manually control one or build an old boy with out skip drives?

Huw the Poo

• Jr Lancer
  • Hullo!
Reply #301 on: April 12, 2022, 06:37:34 AM
Is there a way to see the range of an asteroid mining station so I can choose the optimal location for capturing as many as possible in the circle?

If there's no obvious ring when you're placing it then I don't know I'm afraid. To be honest I tend to just build stations wherever my advisor suggests. Seems to work.

And secondly having discovered early warp all my exploration ships fkd off to far and foreign lands leaving my home system unscanned - manually control one or build an old boy with out skip drives?

You can take manual control of one explorer and set it to survey instead of explore. However there's a good chance you've already surveyed as much as your current scanning tech allows.

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #302 on: April 12, 2022, 10:46:15 AM
And then the pirates came - 3 factions - 1 asshole and 2 who will protect me and I have actually seen them shooting at the assholes so yay AI

Questions then DW2 mentors

I have a construction ship that somehow managed to jump back to the homeworld but is 55% damaged and disabled - what do I send to him to go fix him?

And… I’ve found an essential resource in my system but not the home system - ive easily jumped there to scan it and build a mining station and the station is filling up with goodies - will the civilian ships eventually figure out how to get this far out to collect the stuff and take it home or does the fact that it’s in the station count as me having it?

ojsdad

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #303 on: April 12, 2022, 11:25:58 AM
And then the pirates came - 3 factions - 1 asshole and 2 who will protect me and I have actually seen them shooting at the assholes so yay AI

Questions then DW2 mentors

I have a construction ship that somehow managed to jump back to the homeworld but is 55% damaged and disabled - what do I send to him to go fix him?

And… I’ve found an essential resource in my system but not the home system - ive easily jumped there to scan it and build a mining station and the station is filling up with goodies - will the civilian ships eventually figure out how to get this far out to collect the stuff and take it home or does the fact that it’s in the station count as me having it?

You'll need to send another construction ship to repair the first one.

Yes, your civilian ships will eventually start hauling those goods back to planets. 

Here at ACD, we all pee the same color.

Huw the Poo

• Jr Lancer
  • Hullo!
Reply #304 on: April 12, 2022, 11:43:52 AM
Goods need to physically be wherever they're needed, so yeah, once there's a demand (and the station's own minimum stock is exceeded) freighters will start hauling them.

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #305 on: April 16, 2022, 02:22:11 PM
I’ve had a wonderful 6 hours with it today - I’m still sure I’m ignorant of the major issues

I’ve built a decent defence force against the pirates, I’ve just left my own systems and now exploring far and wide, and have massively advanced my tech by having 3 spies with 95% success rate each mission stealing knowledge from the pirates

TTC

• Patreon Supporters
  • Jr Lancer
Reply #306 on: April 16, 2022, 10:48:59 PM
What is the guide that DW2 Mike referred to on the podcast--the one that recommended which AI settings to turn off when you start learning the game?

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #307 on: April 17, 2022, 07:38:37 AM
I don’t know the guide he refers to but I’ve heard a lot of people using ‘Scott’s guide’

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=4969382#p4969382

TTC

• Patreon Supporters
  • Jr Lancer
Reply #308 on: April 17, 2022, 11:45:01 AM
I don’t know the guide he refers to but I’ve heard a lot of people using ‘Scott’s guide’

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=4969382#p4969382

Danke.

ojsdad

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #309 on: April 22, 2022, 12:38:25 PM
Has anyone seen any new official information from Matrix on updates?

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #310 on: April 23, 2022, 02:24:34 PM
No.  And I've been checking the website (and the forums) a couple times a week. 

Marco said there will be more info about DW2 during the Home of Wargamers event next month, so I have a feeling we may not hear anything official (and/or substantial) until then. 

« Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 02:24:41 AM by Martok »

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

ojsdad

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #311 on: April 23, 2022, 06:18:38 PM
That's what's frustrating.  This is as bad a pre release information.

I get that Paradox has issues on game/dlc release day, but they communicate and stay on top of them.  Even if you don't see a patch for a few weeks, they're talking to you about what their focusing the next patch. 

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #312 on: April 24, 2022, 02:30:32 AM
Agreed.  The -- continued? resumed? -- information blackout is beyond frustrating. 

Granted, they are putting out beta updates at least 1-2 times a week still.  But we don't get anything beyond that, no roadmap or concrete info on future development. 

I don't think I've ever had more sympathy for the angry Warhammer 3 fans than I do currently...   

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

Yskonyn

• Jr Lancer
  • Running an online thing is like herding cats
Reply #313 on: April 24, 2022, 04:33:31 AM
To be fair Erik did post a statement about the slowdown in comms and focus on patching a few weeks back.
Its also Spring now so family time and recreational events will happen for the families of the devs too. They are but men. :)

Patience and all will be right in due time.

ojsdad

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #314 on: April 24, 2022, 10:09:52 PM
Thanks Yskonyn. I had missed the beta thread. Link to it below

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10151&t=382601