Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Distant Worlds 2  (Read 70471 times)

ojsdad

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #360 on: May 05, 2022, 05:14:27 PM
I don't think this is accurate.  They all say Automatic under design.  However, I manually added Skip Drives to my construction and explorer ships. 

Here at ACD, we all pee the same color.

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #361 on: May 05, 2022, 06:00:54 PM
That’s odd - looks exactly the same as mine and as soon as there’s a relevant component update they all head back into the workshop

Working now - when I’m back I’ll take a look at my empire manual settings - as a heads up I used exactly what’s in the first few pages of that guide by Scott

TTC

• Patreon Supporters
  • Jr Lancer
Reply #362 on: May 06, 2022, 09:42:49 PM
How common is it to find planets that are suitable for colonization?

I have fully explored 25 systems and partially explored 37, but I haven't found anything suitable for colonization yet.

ojsdad

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
Reply #363 on: May 06, 2022, 11:52:14 PM
What your Colony Prevalence set to.

Here at ACD, we all pee the same color.

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #364 on: May 07, 2022, 03:13:53 AM
Had exactly the same problem

‘Think’ it was on normal - I found one in 32 systems but then added a planet using the editor and shrugged off the guilt by convincing myself this was a learning play through

I would say if this is the normal setting id up it another level

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #365 on: May 07, 2022, 05:08:21 AM
I just noticed Erik posted this in the Discord yesterday afternoon: 

Just a quick note to say that Elliot has been sick for a week and that has slowed down our update schedule and plans. Hopefully he will be feeling better soon and we'll be able to resume the planned update schedule next week.

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

TTC

• Patreon Supporters
  • Jr Lancer
Reply #366 on: May 08, 2022, 01:07:07 PM
What your Colony Prevalence set to.

Not sure. Either the default or whatever "Scott" recommends in his guide.

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #367 on: May 08, 2022, 02:38:00 PM
Just checked - Scott’s set up is very rare

TTC

• Patreon Supporters
  • Jr Lancer
Reply #368 on: May 08, 2022, 02:55:03 PM
Just checked - Scott’s set up is very rare

Hmmm... yeah.

Well maybe this is a good enough reason for me to restart anyway since I'm still figuring out a lot.

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #369 on: May 08, 2022, 02:58:08 PM
You can add planets or moons using the editor if you’re enjoying this game

vyshka

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #370 on: May 08, 2022, 04:17:06 PM
I just noticed Erik posted this in the Discord yesterday afternoon: 

Just a quick note to say that Elliot has been sick for a week and that has slowed down our update schedule and plans. Hopefully he will be feeling better soon and we'll be able to resume the planned update schedule next week.

Hopefully he feels better soon. I imagine the past few weeks have been stressful for Elliot. Even with the issues I'm still amazed it is one person programming the Distant Worlds games.

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #371 on: May 11, 2022, 02:59:16 PM
couple of hours further in - i have rescued 2 of the destroyers from the ship graveyard, these are just the destroyers mind which i was going to ignore as i can build my own - i join them with my fleet of frigates and go gravilax hunting and pirate hunting - fleet jumps into system, my ships do the little we've just arrived dance, give us a minute, the destroyers head off - from half the map away they launch god knows what and the gravillax is dead before my guys have finished making tea - there are 3 cruisers and 3 carriers still been repaired in the cemetery!! The turtle guys turned too late and started fixing the troop transports - unless theres Dark Angels on board i think i made the right choice

Getting on well with the turtles, scouting for the Teekans and still stealing tech from the pirates - i have 5 colonies now across 4 systems and were building a ship for another one

experienced my first CTD today with the game - nothing spectacular, just farted and quit out - went back in, triggered the same scenario and had no problem

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #372 on: May 11, 2022, 03:21:41 PM
What I am trying to work out is how to determine what gets loaded into the starfighter bay - I did just want bombers but it’s defaulted to a 50/50 mix of fighters and bombers - I deliberately didn’t research fighters so this wouldn’t happen

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #373 on: May 11, 2022, 08:52:18 PM
Posted by Erik early today in the Matrix forums: 

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=4996161#p4996161

Hi everyone,

Elliot has recovered and we're working on a new beta update for the end of this week.  Our focus remains on reported issues with fleet and ship behavior in certain situations and with certain combinations of settings, including tanker behavior and tactical setting interactions.

Regards,

- Erik

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #374 on: May 12, 2022, 06:54:48 AM
Another bump on the road -

Now I’m multi cultured I have a range of colonisation options - so I find a volcanic planet that the boskarans would love to live on, I have a planet with 128m boskarans in and 58m humans - the humans would hate to live on the new planet - I build a colony ship and there appears to be no way to just load the boskarans