Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Origins Game Fair 2024 – featuring the Wargame HQ with the Armchair Dragoons – will be held 19-23 June, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Distant Worlds 2  (Read 70527 times)

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #420 on: June 30, 2022, 11:57:15 AM
................I'm not saying its aliens, but...........

Its aliens!

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #421 on: June 30, 2022, 12:01:04 PM
If they can fly the construction ships they’re welcome

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #422 on: June 30, 2022, 12:14:14 PM
...flippin' aliens, coming 'ere, pinchin' our construction jobs..................

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #423 on: June 30, 2022, 04:41:42 PM
Encountering a bit of weirdness - not going to say bug as it’s something I may not understand fully

There are systems well within my ships range that construction ships won’t go to to build, with the ui saying they’re out of range but if I click on the ship and right click on the planet ‘build mining station’ is an option 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Probable dumb question:  When you right-click on the planet to build the mining station, does the construction ship actually go there?  Or does it continue to just sit around? 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #424 on: June 30, 2022, 05:13:33 PM
No it goes and builds - I have fancy furs and cocktail drinks as proof

No handbags and shoes though

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #425 on: June 30, 2022, 05:38:45 PM
 :2funny:

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lead Sergeant
Reply #426 on: July 01, 2022, 06:23:09 AM
No it goes and builds - I have fancy furs and cocktail drinks as proof

No handbags and shoes though

Do you have to discover space crocodiles for those?

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #427 on: July 04, 2022, 01:26:27 PM
Today I learned not to scuttle colony ships with 58m aliens aboard - were they sent to the nearest starbase?

Nooooo - vapourised

On the flip side I have an empty colony ship now - does anyone know how to pick up people from a planet - I have a planet with 300m aliens on and 58m humans - the humans aren’t happy but I can’t seem to give the colony ship a pick up the humans and take them back home order

Huw the Poo

• Jr Lancer
  • Hullo!
Reply #428 on: July 04, 2022, 03:18:08 PM
You can set a per-colony migration preference (and you can also make it empire-wide based on whatever colony you're fiddling with). After setting the preference you have to wait for passenger ships to do the ferrying.

How certain are you that those colonists just disappeared? Seems like a bit of an oversight for a game like this, especially since you can't just vanish ships you don't want, having instead to send them to a shipyard to be decommissioned.

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #429 on: July 04, 2022, 03:33:45 PM
I scrapped the ship at shipyard XXX at planet XXX

They’re not at that planet, I only have 3 other colonies and they’re not there

For some reason the planet is 29% preferable for the aliens and 9% for humans but passenger ships keep bringing humans in - I’ll look at the migration settings

Huw the Poo

• Jr Lancer
  • Hullo!
Reply #430 on: July 04, 2022, 05:31:07 PM
Yeah this whole subsystem definitely isn't working properly. You just reminded me of a bug I encountered the other day. I queued a colonisation order specifying the slave alien race I keep as pets because the planet wasn't suitable for Humans. But when the colony ship was constructed it picked up Humans anyway.

As I've said before, little things like this all add up. You just can't trust the AI with anything but the scale of the game is such that you can't micromanage everything either. It's so goddamn frustrating.

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #431 on: July 04, 2022, 06:10:27 PM
changed the policy to get humans off this planet

set the empty colony ship to auto - it went to the next colony and filled up with humans - but now realises it hasnt got anywhere to drop them off, ive set it to put the humans back and then will see if it can go to the alien planet and pick up the rest of the humans

since the policy switch there are a lot more passenger ships taking humans off - i reckon theyve moved about 3 million out - strangely there are still some bringing humans in but this might have been pre new immigration laws - there are 2 to choose from, dont accept humans and get humans off - ill keep it at get humans off til theyre all gone and then switch to dont accept humans

i have 2 more problems now - firstly the haakonish (?) like swamp and forest and i have a few of those they can go colonise but if i hover over the planets in the colony tab it only gives me the human suitability level so i cant see the optimum place to send them

secondly the ackdarians ive just found have declared war on me - not a clue how to conduct this so im off to read up

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #432 on: July 05, 2022, 12:24:13 PM
Confusion reigns

I’ve taken all the humans off the haakonish planet - check

I’ve found 3 wonderful planets the haakonish would love

I can’t get the haakonish off their own planet

I don’t know if it’s because it was an independent colony as opposed to a part of an empire

The one thing left for me to try is colonise the planet they would want with humans, set a policy of ‘get these guys off here’ on the haakonish planet and hope ships will transfer the little green fellas to their new planet and then ship the humans off again

The wandering confused colony ship when automated happily zips around picking up humans and then doesn’t go anywhere - if I set it to manual I can not get it to pick up haakons it simply has no functionality as a colony ship where they’re involved despite it ironically been built by them

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #433 on: July 06, 2022, 05:02:40 AM
^  This is a textbook example of why I'm not bothering with DW2 currently, and probably won't be for a long time to come still.  Shit like this was supposed to have been vastly improved/made a lot easier than in the original game, but that's not happened. 

I'm starting to worry that the game might not be where it ought to be, even in a year's time.  Hopefully that's just the natural cynic/pessimist in me, but I'm really not holding my breath at this point. 

In the meantime, give me Stellaris any day.  Say what you will about it, but it's a hell of a lot more intuitive and easier to play.  (I can't believe I'm saying that about a Paradox title, yet here we are.) 

Undercovergeek

• Sergeant
Reply #434 on: July 06, 2022, 06:27:29 AM
The manual migration process is currently working - I’ve got 5 million off their colony and into the recently acquired swamp planet they crave

I’ve started taking the humans off - hopefully the defunct colony ship might help

In other news I’ve found a 28 and a 38 suitabality planet for the humans but when I click on colonise it won’t build a ship - I don’t know if this is because there’s already an unemployed ship floating around so I’ll try and do it manually