Armchair Dragoons Forums

News:

• Connections Online 2024 will be held 15-20 April, 2024 ~~ More Info here
  • Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

News

Buckeye Game Fest will be held May 2-5, 2024, with The War Room opening on 29 April ~~ More Info here

Author Topic: Aurora 4x  (Read 4061 times)

ojsdad

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
on: March 01, 2020, 09:55:50 PM
Steve, the creator of Aurora has been working on  a new version using C#.  He's anticipating releasing by the end March.  Steve's done a good job of documenting his progress and changes from the last release of Aurora. 

http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?board=234.0

Here at ACD, we all pee the same color.

Yskonyn

• Jr Lancer
  • Running an online thing is like herding cats
Reply #1 on: February 07, 2021, 02:53:02 AM
So, this has been out for a while. Has any of you fine chaps tried to learn it?

Performance is vastly improved over the VB6 version; you can now comfortably play with orbital motion on and a crapton of active NPC empires.

I have begun watching this tutorial series, but I have a hard time following the guy at times. He rushes a bit too much at times not explaining completely why he does things or otherwise goes through the screens too rapidly. Still, I do learn from him.

If you guys find a better one, please post.

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #2 on: February 07, 2021, 06:43:13 AM
I love the game's concept, but honestly it's always been way too hardcore for me.  I can deal with a certain degree of spreadsheet management in my strategy games, but Aurora is simply too much.  I admire (or perhaps pity? :P ) those are able to both comprehend and enjoy it, though.  :) 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike