Author Topic: Stellaris  (Read 25527 times)

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #450 on: December 03, 2021, 06:19:41 PM
A funny thing I forgot to mention... 

I'm pretty sure the "Ocean Paradise" origin (for Aquatic species) is bugged:  You're supposed to start out with a buffed, extra-large homeworld (no tile-blockers), with the trade-off being that you don't get your usual two guaranteed nearby habitable planets that are of your species preferred biome -- instead, those two planets are both Frozen worlds (instead of Ocean worlds).  Overall, this feels pretty balanced. 

However...  In two different games I've started now, I've discovered two Ocean planets not far from my homeworld anyway.  In effect, I get to start the game with a paradisaical, extra-chonky homeworld, *plus* I get my two guaranteed Ocean worlds nearby as well...which, with the Aquatics trait, means my species absolutely thrives on those planets. 

So to sum up, I'm pretty sure the Ocean Paradise origin isn't working quite as intended at the moment, and is in fact broken in favor of any player using that origin.  Hopefully Paradox fixes this in the next patch.  Until then, though, I'm gonna enjoy this OP start while it lasts!  ;D 

"I like big maps and I cannot lie." - Barthheart

"I drastically overpaid for this existence." - bbmike

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #451 on: December 09, 2021, 05:30:11 PM
Today's dev diary is the last one for the year: 

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/developer-diary/stellaris-dev-diary-236-happy-holidays-and-thanks-for-all-the-fish.1502586/

They'll be back in a month to start discussing the Unity rework and the new Situations system (which I'm really looking forward to), but this week's dev diary itself is pretty much fluff -- it's all about looking back at the year's accomplishments, etc. 

The devs did, however, drop a couple teaser images at the end (see attached screenshots).  Looks like they're related to the upcoming rework to Unity (and hopefully admin?)... 

Undercovergeek

• Jr Lancer
Reply #452 on: December 23, 2021, 12:03:36 AM
Looks like all the dlc got hit by the Christmas sale hammer - 25-50% off

ojsdad

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lancer
Reply #453 on: December 23, 2021, 10:55:58 AM

Except for Aquatics

Here at ACD, we all pee the same color.

Martok

• Patreon Supporters
  • Sergeant
  • Tilting at windmills
Reply #454 on: December 23, 2021, 04:27:05 PM

Except for Aquatics

That just about goes without saying, though.  Whatever the newest DLC is at the time, it's almost never part of whatever sale might be going on. 

ojsdad

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lancer
Reply #455 on: January 13, 2022, 07:18:04 AM

Here at ACD, we all pee the same color.