Author Topic: BLOOD BOWL -- The Emperor's OTHER Hat  (Read 19546 times)

Justin Penwith

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #60 on: June 24, 2020, 09:18:29 AM
For Velker,

I am on again/off again with Steam and internet issues. I will be checking back on Steam, periodically, but have appointments all day until about 6pm EDT.

If you are free then, great. If not, I will be around most of the rest of the week.

Justin

tuna

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lancer
Reply #61 on: June 24, 2020, 09:27:25 AM
Funny you should mention.  Doug has a commitment THIS Saturday, but what say you to Independence Day (AKA American Sedition Day) at Noon CDT?

Any Epic C&C's coming up, maybe I can entice Celtic

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #62 on: June 26, 2020, 11:13:37 PM
Congrats Dalinore, that was an ass kicking for the ages. Not even a half went by. Lizardmen was a BAD choice on my part. :)

tuna

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lancer
Reply #63 on: June 27, 2020, 09:47:22 AM
Congrats Dalinore, that was an ass kicking for the ages. Not even a half went by. Lizardmen was a BAD choice on my part. :)

BC, did you drop from the league? It says we lost someone.

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #64 on: June 27, 2020, 10:13:15 AM
Yeah, that team was a mistake. I conceded the match as he put half my team into the ground (which was a sight to behold), which I did not realize would mean no money. Which means, no replacement players. So I screwed up all the way around.

Cyrano

• Junior Warrant Officer
  • Corporal
  • JK Actual
    • Kriegsspieler
Reply #65 on: June 27, 2020, 11:44:13 AM
Justin --

Velker will be about through much of the weekend.

Just confirming, because I can't figure out for the life of me why I've not seen you, you're in the ACD group and as Justin Penwith, yeah?

Jim

Sergeant-at-Arms - Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Negotiator of the fragile peace between Ruritania and Strakenz

Weeple Herder to the Emperor

JasonPratt

• Lancer
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
Reply #66 on: June 27, 2020, 12:26:02 PM
Very understandable! Apparently we can invite a new team to replace them --- so you could set up a new team? (Seems weird to add a new team now, but maybe the game meant "invite a new team to the league" not "to the tourney".)

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #67 on: June 27, 2020, 12:40:56 PM
I did. Went with a new Orc team. Thanks Jim for allowing me to do that.

I realized the errors of my tactics too with the Lizardmen team...for starters, don't put your narrow butt Skinks on the line with Dwarves. I should have stood them off a good distance when they had the ball, but the issue with that is he can cage very effectively and make it nearly impossible to bring him down. The lizardmen would have to rely more on him making a mistake though I'm certain I'm missing a lot of the nuances of an agile team.

I went with WAY too many Skinks and should have done about five of them with six Sauruses. Even so, Dalinore got some amazing rolls (explosion after explosion after explosion). He even did a one-die roll against my Saurus and got a 'splosion that put the big guy on his butt AND KO'd him.  :D Even if I had that composition above, he still would have hurt me badly.

Bottom line, agility teams are not for me as my skill level is the pits, so best to go with bashy. When all else fails I can try to murdalize the other team.

Justin Penwith

• Jr. Trooper
Reply #68 on: June 27, 2020, 12:46:58 PM
Yes, I am.

I was online a bit, earlier, but I have been having ISP issues and I have been dropping connection throughout the week.

They are working on the lines after a bad lightning storm, which knocked out power for different areas around me, here.

It is my birthday, today, so I will not be online very much at all. I only came on to let you know. I SHOULD be good to go for playing Sunday afternoon or evening. I'll be checking after about 2pm  CDT on Sunday, so 3pm EDT.

Several of the folks have added me as friends on Steam, perhaps you and Velker should too, so we can more easily communicate there.

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Lead Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #69 on: June 27, 2020, 01:43:55 PM
Happy party day!

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

Cyrano

• Junior Warrant Officer
  • Corporal
  • JK Actual
    • Kriegsspieler
Reply #70 on: June 27, 2020, 02:59:00 PM
Yes, I am.

I was online a bit, earlier, but I have been having ISP issues and I have been dropping connection throughout the week.

They are working on the lines after a bad lightning storm, which knocked out power for different areas around me, here.

It is my birthday, today, so I will not be online very much at all. I only came on to let you know. I SHOULD be good to go for playing Sunday afternoon or evening. I'll be checking after about 2pm  CDT on Sunday, so 3pm EDT.

Several of the folks have added me as friends on Steam, perhaps you and Velker should too, so we can more easily communicate there.

So weird.  It shows no one by your name when I search.  Could you send me a friend request, please?

I'm 46377522.

And happy birthday!

Sergeant-at-Arms - Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Negotiator of the fragile peace between Ruritania and Strakenz

Weeple Herder to the Emperor

JasonPratt

• Lancer
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
Reply #71 on: June 28, 2020, 02:33:34 PM
I like having an update to where the tournament is, but shouldn't the threads be merged by an ad/mod or something?

bayonetbrant

• Arrogance Mitigator & Event "Organizer"
  • Administrator
  • Lead Sergeant
  • Going mad, but at least going somewhere
    • Six Degrees of Radio
Reply #72 on: June 28, 2020, 03:35:33 PM
everything is merged into here

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++

Random acts of genius and other inspirations of applied violence.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Six Degrees of Radio for songs you should know by artists you should love

BanzaiCat

• Patreon Supporters
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Puns Puns Puns Puns
Reply #73 on: June 28, 2020, 03:43:22 PM
Someone should create another thread somewhere on this subject. Brant loves merging things.  :)

bob48

• Smeghead.
  • Warrant Officer
  • Lance Sergeant
Reply #74 on: June 28, 2020, 03:59:14 PM
We could just have one big combined thread with everything on it.

....and call it CSW

“O Lord God, let me not be disgraced in my old days.”

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'